Get rid of Bing

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
If you're running Internet Explorer but don't like the Bing search engine it's easy to fix.
Open IE, click on tools, manage add-ons then search providers. At the bottom of the window click on find more search providers, scroll though the next window, click on the one(s) you want and click install. Close that window which brings you back to the tools window. close it out then reopen it and you'll see all the search providers you have chosen.
Now, as an example, you chose to add Google, right click on that entry select move up and it will now be your default search engine. You can right click on Bing and select delete if you no longer want it or you could just leave it as an alternate.

I have seen ppl with IE9 reporting that even when they change it IT GOES BACK TO BING ON THE NEXT SESSION of the browser.... (No surprise,they have taken all control away from the user)

The preferred solution is to not use IE.

What is wrong with Bing? I don't use IE or Bing, but it seems no more lame than any other search engine.

Some people love it, some hate it, some who hate it prefer IE which Bing is the default search engine on so this is just offering choices.

I like bing, but I get a helluve lot of warnings from my virus protector when I click on pics. Pisses me off.

At first it wouldn't let me MOVE UP the google. So...I clicked Bing and clicked MOVE DOWN. It worked.

Isnt the search engine URL for IE9 in the registry like it is with IE6?

I would think changing it IN YOUR REG would leave it whatever you put in there and they couldnt touch it!

Stopped reading at "If you're running Internet Explorer..." What is this, 2001?
Nothing wrong with IE my friend!

For me it is a matter of principle.
Microsoft knowingly and willingly left millions of users wide open to malware instead of putting in research and development into security.
It wasn't until Firefox started to eat into their market share did they even attempt at improving security.
It is that lack of concern for their customers that ilks me.

Attachments

• $images.jpeg
    $images.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 72

Forum List

Back