Get Ready for Rationing

SS is already means tested.
Actually, no. Not means tested. No one is denied SS. No matter how much you earn or have saved.

There is a limit set on how much you can get but not means tested.

Social Security and Medicare spending is on its way to $1 trillion a year. Soon, the federal government will not be able to even pretend it can pay for these "entitlements" for all Americans.
I have a rightful guarantee to the $1,000 I have contributed.
Biggest Ponzi Scheme that makes Madoff look like a rookie.
FO Loser.
A Ponzi scheme has the INTENTION of defrauding people.
That is NOT the case with SS.

Get Ready for Rationing​

Nobody has yet mentioned high inflation which is coming and regardless .
But with the Oil price moving up to reach $150 or more with an ME escalation , there will be self rationing due to inflation, and forced"rationing" due to broken distribution channels and basic unavailabilities .
All conflict is based on, and subsequently has economic consequences

Historically , this takes no crystal ball, where being part of dystopia heralds totalitarian rule (arguably the current modus operandi) , or what Orwell coined The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism

1698797624380.png

~S~

This was not a partisan issue and yet you Demwits respond with hostility and derision. Do you think Social Security and MediCare are just going to continue without any changes? Your own government says that these programs will become insolvent in the next decade, but you just ignore this problem? This sort of nonthinking will destroy our country.
You made it a partisan issue, it being anything bet objective.

Actually, no. Not means tested. No one is denied SS. No matter how much you earn or have saved.

If you earn over a certain amount of (payroll) wages while receiving SS, your SS benefit is reduced. That's means testing.

If you earn over a certain amount of (payroll) wages while receiving SS, your SS benefit is reduced. That's means testing.
This is only if you are younger than full retirement age, correct? Ok. Noted.

They probably plan to help solve the SS/MEDICAL crisis with another launch of a virus targeting elderly. They are just working on the vaccine now......so that 90 yr. old corrupt Congress will be saved first.

In the last couple years people told us there would be food rationing, diesel rationing, heating oil rationing and a few I cannot even remember.

In the end all it ever turns out to be is this...

spongebob-patrick.gif
You did not give equal time to greenies who actually WANT a shortage of oil because they think the world is headed for doomsday

This is only if you are younger than full retirement age, correct? Ok. Noted.
That's a different penalty.

I'm 83 and 85 percent of my SS benefit is taxed as my payroll wages exceed the limit one can earn without penalty. At a certain point SS is considered income, and therefore is taxed.

Last edited:
That's a different penalty.

I'm 83 and 85 percent of my SS benefit is taxed as my payroll wages exceed the limit one can earn without penalty. At a certain point SS is considered income, and therefore is taxed.
In your 80's and still working? I'm impressed. God bless!

What do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

This was not a partisan issue and yet you Demwits respond with hostility and derision.
You expect a different response when you call opposition party members Demwits? You get what you give.

Social Security and Medicare spending is on its way to $1 trillion a year. Soon, the federal government will not be able to even pretend it can pay for these "entitlements" for all Americans. Means-tested rationing is the only way to control these costs. That means that your other income and assets will be counted against your eligibility, just as it is for other government programs. Are you OK with that, or do you have an alternate solution?
You gonna tell a 50 year old person that's been paying in to SS for 34 years that their benefits are going to be cut unless they start earning and saving less?

You gonna tell a 50 year old person that's been paying in to SS for 34 years that their benefits are going to be cut unless they start earning and saving less?
Not if a party does not want to be reduced to a meaningless very small regional party.

Reducing SS benefits of recipients who are still receiving payroll wages above a certain amount annually by taxing part of those benefits is back door means testing.

The Federal government and some states are declaring that earning above a certain level while collecting SS indicates that you don't need 100 percent of those benefits, and taxes part of them as ordinary income. This is naked means testing.

Last edited:
You expect a different response when you call opposition party members Demwits? You get what you give.
You seem to have the cart before the horse. The responses were posted BEFORE I called them out. How else would you describe them? Sincere responses from intelligent people?

You seem to have the cart before the horse. The responses were posted BEFORE I called them out. How else would you describe them? Sincere responses from intelligent people?
The replies from the right-leaners were all over the partisan map with very little to do with the topic but that didn't seem to bother you.

The replies from the right-leaners were all over the partisan map with very little to do with the topic but that didn't seem to bother you.
I expect that in partisan threads, but not in serious ones. The solvency of Social Security and MediCare is not a partisan issue.

Forum List

Back