Germany: sick man of Europe?

• Banned
Quote:

It’s not going well for Germany at the moment. Their largest bank is on the verge of collapse while their second largest bank is laying-off staff. And Frau Merkel is having to cope with the political fallout of her open-door immigration policy – not least a rise in populist nationalism and a dip in her own popularity. Germans have also been told in recent months to stockpile food, while a leaked document suggested a return to national service, which stopped in 2011, was being considered. But that’s not all: the country’s economy recently slipped in the World Economic Forum’s competitive ranking. All this makes for a grim picture. So having lived for 14 years in Germany with my Venezuelan husband (who knows a thing or two about political instability and national crises), we decided it was time to up sticks and return to the UK.

My German colleagues, non-plussed by the Leave campaign’s victory, wondered why I would want to return to a foggy, rain-sodden island inhabited by inward-looking ‘Insel Affen’ who live on a diet of weak beer and fish and chips (yes, a lot of Germans think it’s still the 1970s in Britain). Indeed, many of my Euro-centric friends and relatives in the UK questioned why I would want to return.

Quote:

It’s not going well for Germany at the moment. Their largest bank is on the verge of collapse while their second largest bank is laying-off staff. And Frau Merkel is having to cope with the political fallout of her open-door immigration policy – not least a rise in populist nationalism and a dip in her own popularity. Germans have also been told in recent months to stockpile food, while a leaked document suggested a return to national service, which stopped in 2011, was being considered. But that’s not all: the country’s economy recently slipped in the World Economic Forum’s competitive ranking. All this makes for a grim picture. So having lived for 14 years in Germany with my Venezuelan husband (who knows a thing or two about political instability and national crises), we decided it was time to up sticks and return to the UK.

My German colleagues, non-plussed by the Leave campaign’s victory, wondered why I would want to return to a foggy, rain-sodden island inhabited by inward-looking ‘Insel Affen’ who live on a diet of weak beer and fish and chips (yes, a lot of Germans think it’s still the 1970s in Britain). Indeed, many of my Euro-centric friends and relatives in the UK questioned why I would want to return.
Just a byproduct of Obama and Hillary's policies.

VOTE FOR HILLARY!!!

Forum List

Back