Germany Puts Hold On Nord Stream 2 Pipeline

"WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) - The Biden administration waived sanctions on the company behind Russia's Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline to Germany and its chief executive, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Wednesday, a move decried by critics of the project in Congress.

A State Department report sent to Congress concluded that Nord Stream 2 AG and its CEO, Matthias Warnig, an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin, engaged in sanctionable activity. But Blinken immediately waived those sanctions, saying that it was in the U.S. national interest."

U.S. waives sanctions on Nord Stream 2 as Biden seeks to mend Europe ties

Scoop: Biden to waive sanctions on company in charge of Nord Stream 2​

"The Biden administration will waive sanctions on the corporate entity and CEO overseeing the construction of Russia’s Nord Stream 2 pipeline into Germany, according to two sources briefed on the decision."

Biden to waive sanctions on Putin crony in charge of Nord Stream 2 pipeline
That’s a good thing. It allows Germany to make tbe choice. Much better for strengthening multilateral alliances and diplomacy.

That’s a good thing. It allows Germany to make tbe choice. Much better for strengthening multilateral alliances and diplomacy.

We Americans just love to tell other countries what they are allowed to do and not to do

HOUSTON, Jan 24 (Reuters) - "The chiefs of major U.S. oil companies Occidental Petroleum Corp and ConocoPhillips (COP.N) offered differing outlooks on the growth of U.S. oil output at a conference on Monday, as the industry rebounds from shutdowns during the first stage of the coronavirus pandemic."

So, oil production is up because we shut down production due to the Covid19 Virus! So, it's up from a dip in production meaning, we are most likely producing less oil than in 2019 and part of 2020. LOL! It's you with no connection to reality. :auiqs.jpg:

We are no longer energy independent because of Biden's oil policies. Biden had to go and beg Iran and his buddies to produce more and they refused him.
We never were energy independent. The energy sector shut down because supply was so high and demand down, the cost of oil was dropping through the roof. Loved the resulting cheap gas at the pump….but …

Don’t you remember when Trump went and begged OPEC to cut production so the cost of oil would go up? I do.

In Feb of 2017, Trump's first full month in office we imported 9,262,000 barrels from Russia.

In Jan of 2021, Trump's last month in office we imported 20,104,000 barrels from Russia. An increase of 117% in 4 years while Trump was president. (117% means it more than doubled)

In Feb of 2021, Biden's first full month in office we imported 12,691,000 barrels from Russia.

In Nov of 2021, the last month we have data for, that number was up to 17,855,000.

Those are the actual facts

Liar.
Latest stat in 2022 is 227,000 barrels under Joey compared to a high of around 122,000 barrels under Trump.
A smidgen of just under half.

We never were energy independent. The energy sector shut down because supply was so high and demand down, the cost of oil was dropping through the roof. Loved the resulting cheap gas at the pump….but …

Don’t you remember when Trump went and begged OPEC to cut production so the cost of oil would go up? I do.

We were on a fast track to become a net exporter of gas and oil by 2022. That would have been a first for this country.

U.S. To Become Net Oil And Gas Exporter In 5 Years | OilPrice.com.

Of course, like everything Biden touches, that went to crap.

We were on a fast track to become a net exporter of gas and oil by 2022. That would have been a first for this country.

U.S. To Become Net Oil And Gas Exporter In 5 Years | OilPrice.com.

Of course, like everything Biden touches, that went to crap.
hmmm…I think you are confusing Biden with Trump’s magical Turd Touch (TTT).

From the article…

That sounds like President Trump’s dream of energy dominance come true, but of course, this would only happen under certain circumstances, as the EIA notes in the beginning of the report. For starters, the forecasting model the authority uses stipulates annual economic growth of between 1.5 percent and 2.6 percent between 2017 and 2050, with energy demand varying between flat and growing by 0.7 percent.

Another important stipulation in the model is the growing adoption of renewable energy and natural gas instead of oil. These are trends we can already see, and they will likely only intensify, despite the 30-percent import tariff on Chinese solar modules, which caused some to fear that the U.S. solar industry would suffer a severe blow. While the tariffs may be a deterrent to the solar industry, it will get a boost from favorable federal and state renewable energy policies, tax incentives, and lower costs thanks to technological improvements.

hmmm…I think you are confusing Biden with Trump’s magical Turd Touch (TTT).

From the article…

That sounds like President Trump’s dream of energy dominance come true, but of course, this would only happen under certain circumstances, as the EIA notes in the beginning of the report. For starters, the forecasting model the authority uses stipulates annual economic growth of between 1.5 percent and 2.6 percent between 2017 and 2050, with energy demand varying between flat and growing by 0.7 percent.

Another important stipulation in the model is the growing adoption of renewable energy and natural gas instead of oil. These are trends we can already see, and they will likely only intensify, despite the 30-percent import tariff on Chinese solar modules, which caused some to fear that the U.S. solar industry would suffer a severe blow. While the tariffs may be a deterrent to the solar industry, it will get a boost from favorable federal and state renewable energy policies, tax incentives, and lower costs thanks to technological improvements.

Always missing the most obvious fact staring you in the face. Gasoline is almost twice what it was under Trump. And Biden sold off some of the country's oil reserves, but it didn't even make a dent in the gas prices.

That's all Americans care about right now and whether or not he's responsible, he is getting the blame for it.

Now how do you think that's going to work out to your advantage in 2022 and 2024?

Always missing the most obvious fact staring you in the face. Gasoline is almost twice what it was under Trump. And Biden sold off some of the country's oil reserves, but it didn't even make a dent in the gas prices.

That's all Americans care about right now and whether or not he's responsible, he is getting the blame for it.

Now how do you think that's going to work out to your advantage in 2022 and 2024?
Oh, that is a fact all right, just like the ones I listed.

We Americans just love to tell other countries what they are allowed to do and not to do
oh hell dude - people just love to tell people what to do or not to do.

getting up in other peoples shit is how we roll 100% these days and it fucking sucks.

Oh, that is a fact all right, just like the ones I listed.

The only fact you can't face is that you're going to be bowled over during the midterms and 2024 presidential election.

Might as well get used to it, because there's nothing you can do.

Lets hope biden and the germans stay the course

There are many non military ways to punish the russians and I hope we use them all

but the risk is that after a few months the economists in germany take over and resistance to putin fades
If only America had extra oil to export...

The only fact you can't face is that you're going to be bowled over during the midterms and 2024 presidential election.

Might as well get used to it, because there's nothing you can do.
What do you mean “can’t face”? I’m not a Trumpist, screaming fraud at tbe possibility of losing. The party in power always loses seats in the midterms (Trump did). I would be shocked if they didn’t. What is unknown is to what degree their losses will be.

But don’t worry, I won’t be crying two years into it about the meanies that “style” the election. :)

Yep. This was an agreement we made with Germany with the understanding that if Putin did anything like he is doing now, Germany would stop the pipeline from operating.

And now they have done so.

This is how it should work.

Canada is our ally and we told them they couldn't have a pipeline shipping Canadian oil to the U.S (Keystone). You Dims can never keep your lies straight. :(

What do you mean “can’t face”? I’m not a Trumpist, screaming fraud at tbe possibility of losing. The party in power always loses seats in the midterms (Trump did). I would be shocked if they didn’t. What is unknown is to what degree their losses will be.

But don’t worry, I won’t be crying two years into it about the meanies that “style” the election. :)

The degree of loss will be a political bloodbath. The Democrats have failed at everything under Biden. America isn't going to say "Aww that's alright. We'll give you another chance."

Just watch.

On Tuesday, Germany announced they are revoking certification for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, a major project to import Russian gas into Europe, in retaliation for the Russian invasion of Ukraine — a move NATO has been threatening for weeks, and a serious threat to Russia's energy sector.

Good news. I hear the oligarchs are acting like these sanctions arent bothering them. I’m sure a few hundred billion should be no problem, right guys?
Reported by Ukrainian newsource rated more honest than Skews “far left, half truth” (doubters please check AllSides or Ad Fontes Media to confirm) rated Raw Story source:

“Naftogaz CEO Yuriy Vitrenko, who lobbied hard for sanctioning the Nord Stream 2 pipeline in the United States, Germany and the European Union made the following statement on Feb. 22:

“We welcome the decision of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action to withdraw the official assessment that Nord Stream 2 has no impact on security of gas supply in Germany. We hope that the Federal Ministry will submit a new conclusion, which will clearly state that Nord Stream 2 poses a threat to such security. This will be the basis for the regulator to reject certification for this gas pipeline. Naftogaz provided the relevant arguments to the German government.

This demonstrates that Germany stands in solidarity with Ukraine, in particular, supporting our position on Nord Stream 2, which we have been communicating to the new government in recent months. The last time we did this was a few days ago during the Munich Security Conference in the context of the looming escalation of Russian military aggression. Putin’s revisionist imperial policy poses a threat to Ukraine, Europe and the whole world. Nord Stream 2 is one of the elements of this policy and therefore requires an adequate response.”

The degree of loss will be a political bloodbath. The Democrats have failed at everything under Biden. America isn't going to say "Aww that's alright. We'll give you another chance."

Just watch.
Kind of like Americans fired The Donald then?

Forum List

Back