Germany Puts Hold On Nord Stream 2 Pipeline

I think that the chances are quite low. The main decisions in Nato must be taken by a consensus vote. And it is sufficient to have even one country to block the decision.

And that is pretty sure that Ukraine will be required to solve territorial disputes with its neighbours before joining (unless I am mistaken, such a clause exists in the Nato agreement). And that virtually halts any perspective for Ukraine, because it will have to recognize not only the Crimea, but also L/DNR in the borders of Lugansk and Donetsk oblasts.
Actually, Russia has a problem not only about the formal membership of Ukraine, but about it actual usage of NATO countries (for example, for the sudden attack against Russia).

Yes, they had such referendums. But questions about them are even more than about the Crimea's. They didn't have comprehensive lists of the voters, there wasn't anyone from 'outside' to monitor the voting and counting, quite limited number of the polling stations, insecure vote bulletins (in most examples they just were paper sheets of A4 format) etc.
The question is not only about formal voting, but about the actual wishes of the people, too.
And, the very fact of their life and fighting under continues bombings, shellings and terroristic attacks proves that they are real patriots of Russia.

By the way, my congratulations with Feb. 23 - Day of Motherland's Defender.

Do you celebrate it?

Last edited:
Actually, Russia has a problem not only about the formal membership of Ukraine, but about it actual usage of NATO countries (for example, for the sudden attack against Russia).
Basically, Russia shouldn't have a say what security policy Ukraine must follow and with what countries it can cooperate. It is an internal matter. Likewise, moving troops inside own state territory, as Russia claims.

The question is not only about formal voting, but about the actual wishes of the people, too.
And, the very fact of their life and fighting under continues bombings, shellings and terroristic attacks proves that they are real patriots of Russia
It is a pointless thing for discussion. Because if we start from the beginning, then we will come to a question why all things in Donbass got started. There are two opposing views which will never get along.

No, I don't.

Basically, Russia shouldn't have a say what security policy Ukraine must follow and with what countries it can cooperate. It is an internal matter. Likewise, moving troops inside own state territory, as Russia claims.
This is game for two players. The recognition of independence of Crimean Republic, DPR and LPR is, from this point of view - matters of only Russian security policy. Isn't it better, to coordinate your "security policy" with your neighbors and most important business partners?

This is game for two players. The recognition of independence of Crimean Republic, DPR and LPR is, from this point of view - matters of only Russian security policy. Isn't it better, to coordinate your "security policy" with your neighbors and most important business partners?
That doesn't always work out well. Too bad many East Europeans forgot about that.

On Tuesday, Germany announced they are revoking certification for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, a major project to import Russian gas into Europe, in retaliation for the Russian invasion of Ukraine — a move NATO has been threatening for weeks, and a serious threat to Russia's energy sector.

Good news. I hear the oligarchs are acting like these sanctions arent bothering them. I’m sure a few hundred billion should be no problem, right guys?
LET THE GERMANS FREEZE!

I HOPE this results in the U.S. selling LNG in Europe. We have the capacity.
The USA has 98 years reserve of natural Gas... After that all gone... WHY WOULD WE WANT TO SELL IT TO EUROPE? WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE RUN OUT?
NO EXPORT OF NATURAL RESOURCES.... LET EUROPE BUILD NUCLEAR POWER. OR LET EUROPE FREEZE!

Good news. I hear the oligarchs are acting like these sanctions arent bothering them. I’m sure a few hundred billion should be no problem, right guys?
Germany is the fattest of the US colonies. But no matter how fat it is, the colony must follow the orders of the metropolis. Even if it is detrimental to the colony's economy.

Tssar Putin is correct. But USA controls the terrorist bandit regime in Ukraine.
Why is Putin missing the fact that countries with disputed territory (in this case Crimea) cannot be admitted to NATO? Do you anticipate some type of revision for NATO and its bylaws? Source please. I don’t understand why a NATO member isn’t speaking to the press about this “hidden” (not being discussed) but important factor. It brings Putin‘s posturing more to the light. Can Ukraine be admitted somehow on the sly on the global stage without following their own rules? Exceptionally doubtful that NATO is planning to give one country special treatment over any others.

Only honest dialogue can resolve territorial disputes and I support self-determination regardless of what either government wants. The people who live in these provinces should have the right to their own destiny.

Color me a supporter of human rights regardless of which dictator or polarized ruler one might live under.

I think that the chances are quite low. The main decisions in Nato must be taken by a consensus vote. And it is sufficient to have even one country to block the decision.

And that is pretty sure that Ukraine will be required to solve territorial disputes with its neighbours before joining (unless I am mistaken, such a clause exists in the Nato agreement). And that virtually halts any perspective for Ukraine, because it will have to recognize not only the Crimea, but also L/DNR in the borders of Lugansk and Donetsk oblasts.

Yes, they had such referendums. But questions about them are even more than about the Crimea's. They didn't have comprehensive lists of the voters, there wasn't anyone from 'outside' to monitor the voting and counting, quite limited number of the polling stations, insecure vote bulletins (in most examples they just were paper sheets of A4 format) etc.
Thank you for adding the voter information regarding Ukrainians. With knowing the little I do know about Ukraine, I figured it was a transparent election. Alas.

Forum List

Back