Germany Puts Hold On Nord Stream 2 Pipeline

If Europe would support their own environmental policies they like to tell US to do, they wouldn't have to rely on Russian oil. They could just put up solar panels and windmills. LOL!!!

Shutting down Nordstream 2 doesn't mean much. Germany will cheat. It always happens. Also, there are more pipelines. The sanctions won't cause excessive pain.

Shutting down Nordstream 2 doesn't mean much. Germany will cheat. It always happens. Also, there are more pipelines. The sanctions won't cause excessive pain.
And here I thought we didn't really need oil in the world. Funny how reality has a way of eclipsing the so-called environmental movement. Screw Germany and the rest of them. We should have followed Trump's energy policy and this debacle would never have happened.

And here I thought we didn't really need oil in the world. Funny how reality has a way of eclipsing the so-called environmental movement. Screw Germany and the rest of them. We should have followed Trump's energy policy and this debacle would never have happened.
That's true.

If Putin is, as stated, concerned about Ukraine gaining membership into NATO, can someone familiar with the particulars answer:

1. What are the chances that NATO will ever extend an invite to Ukraine?

Is this true or false: Ukraine is unlikely ever to be asked to join NATO. With Russia controlling Crimea, Ukraine’s borders are in dispute, making it ineligible by NATO’s own rules?

2. Did the people living in Donetsk (DRP) and Luhansk regions have a vote in 2014, to breakaway from Ukraine to become independent regions, or was it strictly the Ukrainian government’s decision? I have read differing interpretations, but was it strictly Ukrainian’s government (pro-Russia president in charge at the time) decision?

If anyone claims I’m pro-Russia I will say in advance that you are way off. I’m for self-determination mostly. I’m interested in specifics outside of all of the political posturing from umpteen sides spouting half truths.

Well…you are entitled to your delusions.

What's "delusional" is believing an old pervert with dementia and incontinence could actually run this country. He's way out of his league with Putin.

I'm not sure that the Russians will cheat. May be, they will even close NS-1 and Ukrainian pipeline, too. I'm almost sure, that the last straw that forced the Russians to forget about Minsk agreements and diplomatic solutions was Olaf Scholz's words that "genocide [of Russians] in Donbass" is "funny". They see it as a resurrection of the German Nazism and an existential threat. And they have pretty good reasons for that.

Latest from Kyiv Post:

“The best solution… would be if the current Kyiv authorities themselves refused to join NATO and maintained neutrality,” Putin said.” A lot more info in link. It’s interesting to see what Ukrainian’s media is telling its people.

So, is that even possible, due to NATO’s bylaws, that NATO can ask Ukraine to join due to disputed Russian control Crimnea, or is this statement reported by a few media outlets false?

On Tuesday, Germany announced they are revoking certification for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, a major project to import Russian gas into Europe, in retaliation for the Russian invasion of Ukraine — a move NATO has been threatening for weeks, and a serious threat to Russia's energy sector.

Good news. I hear the oligarchs are acting like these sanctions arent bothering them. I’m sure a few hundred billion should be no problem, right guys?
Joe will step up and stop Germany's action against Russia. while Biden swallows.

Latest from Kyiv Post:

“The best solution… would be if the current Kyiv authorities themselves refused to join NATO and maintained neutrality,” Putin said.”
Tssar Putin is correct. But USA controls the terrorist bandit regime in Ukraine.

If Putin is, as stated, concerned about Ukraine gaining membership into NATO, can someone familiar with the particulars answer:

1. What are the chances that NATO will ever extend an invite to Ukraine?

Is this true or false: Ukraine is unlikely ever to be asked to join NATO. With Russia controlling Crimea, Ukraine’s borders are in dispute, making it ineligible by NATO’s own rules?

2. Did the people living in Donetsk (DRP) and Luhansk regions have a vote in 2014, to breakaway from Ukraine to become independent regions, or was it strictly the Ukrainian government’s decision? I have read differing interpretations, but was it strictly Ukrainian’s government (pro-Russia president in charge at the time) decision?

If anyone claims I’m pro-Russia I will say in advance that you are way off. I’m for self-determination mostly. I’m interested in specifics outside of all of the political posturing from umpteen sides spouting half truths.
Been an issue before Clinton.

Been an issue before Clinton.
USA has been intending to use Ukraine as a launching point to invade Russia quickly and close with Russian defenses before they can effectively resist. Perhaps, Tsar Putin will end up disarming Gog and Magog monster/beast called America.

With Russia controlling Crimea, Ukraine’s borders are in dispute, making it ineligible by NATO’s own rules?
If You are correct ClaireH; You are a bit of a genius to figure that out. Thanks Mucho.

USA has been intending to use Ukraine as a launching point to invade Russia quickly and close with Russian defenses before they can effectively resist. Perhaps, Tsar Putin will end up disarming Gog and Magog monster/beast called America.
Dude, I think you got it wrong......most likely the people of Rosh......attack from the north. Russia just aligned with 'the Kings of the East'....Gog and Magog attack from the north.

At best, America might be the 'Young Lions of Tarshish'.

Conquering the Ukraine may fit the picture bigly.

What are the chances that NATO will ever extend an invite to Ukraine?

Is this true or false: Ukraine is unlikely ever to be asked to join NATO. With Russia controlling Crimea, Ukraine’s borders are in dispute, making it ineligible by NATO’s own rules
I think that the chances are quite low. The main decisions in Nato must be taken by a consensus vote. And it is sufficient to have even one country to block the decision.

And that is pretty sure that Ukraine will be required to solve territorial disputes with its neighbours before joining (unless I am mistaken, such a clause exists in the Nato agreement). And that virtually halts any perspective for Ukraine, because it will have to recognize not only the Crimea, but also L/DNR in the borders of Lugansk and Donetsk oblasts.

Did the people living in Donetsk (DRP) and Luhansk regions have a vote in 2014, to breakaway from Ukraine to become independent regions, or was it strictly the Ukrainian government’s decision? I have read differing interpretations, but was it strictly Ukrainian’s government (pro-Russia president in charge at the time) decision
Yes, they had such referendums. But questions about them are even more than about the Crimea's. They didn't have comprehensive lists of the voters, there wasn't anyone from 'outside' to monitor the voting and counting, quite limited number of the polling stations, insecure vote bulletins (in most examples they just were paper sheets of A4 format) etc.

On Tuesday, Germany announced they are revoking certification for the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, a major project to import Russian gas into Europe, in retaliation for the Russian invasion of Ukraine — a move NATO has been threatening for weeks, and a serious threat to Russia's energy sector.

Good news. I hear the oligarchs are acting like these sanctions arent bothering them. I’m sure a few hundred billion should be no problem, right guys?
That’s so smart!

Germany already shut down 3 of its nuclear reactors last year, and will shut down the remaining 3 by the end of 2022.

Now they are beholden to Russia gas for power, just like President Trump predicted.

LOL now they are “punishing” Russia by cutting off their own energy supply. Energy prices will skyrocket in Germany. But this of course is the plan, and always has been.
F7D55DA6-C5F8-4B6C-A8C1-76CDF756C2F1.jpeg

Forum List

Back