George Zimmerman

On one of take shows on CNN a caller ask the following: 'Why didn't Trayvon Martin simply disconnect the call from Rachel Jeantel and call 911 if he felt threaten?' The women host went to a commercial.

Because Sanford cops were either just as likely or more likely to blast Mr. Martin.

Look.. another blatant baseless racist assumption

not really, look at the facts with number of cops shooting unarmed black guys

my burning question--how do other posters find the time for intense discussions?

the mosquitoes are biting--had to cut the grass--may start raining again--food must be cooked, clothes washed, dishes done and about 10,000 other things.

I am coming to the point that the mention of Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman or anyone else associated with the case --provokes a negative response.

There is no Neighborhood Watch--nothing official--people try to be aware of what goes on. Our option is to call 911 or non-emergency number. That seems to be working.

Who might walk up and down the streets at any given time? Just about anybody. Walking and running are common here. People of all kinds. How embarassed I would be if I assumed that someone walking through--not as well lighted as it could be but sufficient to see something--was suspicious? Perhaps just very fortunate--crime has been an issue but LE has done some good work--that is about all I can say.

One Sunday morning during the holidays my next door neighbor's home was burglarized--houses are close together. Nobody saw anything. She later felt it was her exhusband.

Taking mail from the mailboxes--that is something we are working on at present. Identity theft--my mother had that happen to her. It seemed to be traced back to a check--maybe written at the grocery store. so many kinds of crime.

The loss of human life--not something I can take lightly. That's all I've got.

'one of those people'--I am--if an animal darts out in front of my car--the thought of hitting it disturbs me greatly.

Poor fellow. Now he is being threatened and harassed by Trayvon Martin supporters who are unable to figure it out that this Zimmerman spells his name Jorge, not George. Never the less, it seems they have the mentality like prosecution star witness Rachel Jeantel. This is clearly uncalled for and I hope Jorge takes action against these feral individuals.

E29C7A756675E7DD022CE49785147_h316_w628_m5_cuvcGPZhZ.jpg

Jorge Zimmerman, Rhode Island man, harassed after George Zimmerman verdict

Our feelings about George Zimmerman might vary, but we think we can all feel sorry for poor Jorge Zimmerman. The Rhode Island man has literally been chased off the Internet after his Facebook account was flooded with hate messages following the verdict of the other Zimmerman. "I didn't know who these people were," Jorge said. "I got messages like … watch your back, just watch yourself." Apparently these people were too angry to realize that this Zimmerman's first name was spelled differently, he doesn't live in Florida and he looks nothing like the man whose face has been broadcast nonstop for the past few weeks. "I had to deactivate my [Facebook] account," he said. "I just wanted to be left alone."

The girl is an idiot. But is it necessary to keep slandering this girl?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

It's not slander. For one, it's in print so it's libel. Two, libel/slander has to be untrue.

Of course, that doesn't mean anyone should attack the young woman. We should use this opportunity to help her not degrade her. What's the point?

Zimmerman never confronted Martin.

Oh for chrissake.....You were there?

I know you don't read anything except one-liners from this board, but I thought Charles Blow's Op/Ed pretty much filled in the gaps of the Neanderthal mindset about this whole thing:

""" The system began to fail Martin long before that night.

The system failed him when Florida’s self-defense laws were written, allowing an aggressor to claim self-defense in the middle of an altercation — and to use deadly force in that defense — with no culpability for his role in the events that led to that point.

The system failed him because of the disproportionate force that he and the neighborhood watchman could legally bring to the altercation — Zimmerman could legally carry a concealed firearm, while Martin, who was only 17, could not.

The system failed him when the neighborhood watchman grafted on stereotypes the moment he saw him, ascribing motive and behavior and intent and criminal history to a boy who was just walking home.

The system failed him when the bullet ripped through his chest, and the man who shot him said he mounted him and stretched his arms out wide, preventing him from even clutching the spot that hurt.

The system failed him in those moments just after he was shot when he was surely aware that he was about to die, but before life’s light fully passed from his body — and no one came to comfort him or try to save him.

The system failed him when the slapdash Sanford police did a horrible job of collecting and preserving evidence.

The system failed him when those officers apparently didn’t even value his dead body enough to adequately canvass the complex to make sure that no one was missing a teen.

The system failed him when he was labeled a John Doe and his lifeless body spent the night alone and unclaimed.

The system failed him when the man who the police found standing over the body of a dead teenager, a man who admitted to shooting him and still had the weapon, was taken in for questioning and then allowed to walk out of the precinct without an arrest or even a charge, to go home after taking a life and take to his bed.

The system failed him when it took more than 40 days and an outpouring of national outrage to get an arrest.

The system failed him when a strangely homogenous jury — who may well have been Zimmerman’s peers but were certainly not the peers of the teenager, who was in effect being tried in absentia — was seated.

The system failed him when the prosecution put on a case for the Martin family that many court-watchers found wanting.

The system failed him when the discussion about bias became so reductive as to be either-or rather than about situational fluidity and the possibility of varying responses to varying levels of perceived threat.

The system failed him when everyone in the courtroom raised racial bias in roundabout ways, but almost never directly — for example, when the defense held up a picture of a shirtless Martin and told the jurors that this was the person Zimmerman encountered the night he shot him. But in fact it was not the way Zimmerman had seen Martin. Consciously or subconsciously, the defense played on an old racial trope: asking the all-female jury — mostly white — to fear the image of the glistening black buck, as Zimmerman had.

This case is not about an extraordinary death of an extraordinary person. Unfortunately, in America, people are lost to gun violence every day. Many of them look like Martin and have parents who presumably grieve for them. This case is about extraordinary inequality in the presumption of innocence and the application of justice: why was Martin deemed suspicious and why was his killer allowed to go home?

Sometimes people just need a focal point. Sometimes that focal point becomes a breaking point. """

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/opinion/the-whole-system-failed.html?pagewanted=all

meh

tough luck s0n. Get over it.:2up:

ps........

She told Anderson Cooper: "Trayvon caused his own death"

This daughter of a redneck cracker was taught that black people must always back down when a white person smacks them.

Enter DOJ and Congress.

:(

George is white? George smacked Trayvon? Link?

DriveBy wouldn't know the truth if it landed on his head and shit in his hair. He lies about everything.
Perhaps that is why he is "in the red"!

What George Zimmerman did that night was patriotic. What he did was abide by the laws of this nation and exercised his 2nd Amendment right in order to defend himself.

so? it isn't white rage afterall...
links in article at site

SNIP:

posted at 2:01 pm on July 17, 2013 by Allahpundit

Significant, not only because it’s the first major poll of public opinion about the verdict but because Holder will think twice about bringing federal charges if he believes it’s a sure political loser for his boss.

We’ll need more polls before drawing hard conclusions but here’s data point number one:

Reactions to the jury decision in the shooting of Trayvon Martin vary sharply along racial lines.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of American Adults agree with the jury’s verdict that Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman is not guilty of murder in the shooting death of the black teenager. Thirty-four percent (34%) disagree with the Florida jury’s verdict. Eighteen percent (18%) are not sure.

all of it here
Rasmussen: Near-majority agrees with Zimmerman verdict, 48/34 « Hot Air

Niggas please. This shit isn't important. You live in a police state. You have much better things to be pissed off about. Oh for fuck sake.

Martins family already received more than a million from homeowners association
Who knew Martins family has received more than a million dollars in a settlement against the homeowners association and apparently looking for more. Who says bad parenting doesn't pay. Makes you wonder why the congressional black caucus hasn't bothered to mention this.

Trayvon Martin wrongful death claim more than $1 million - Orlando Sentinel

Forum List

Back