George W. Bush Said God Told Him To Invade Iraq

President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

BBC - Press Office - George Bush on Elusive Peace

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

"Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ." And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Palestinians are known proven lier's. Why would we believe a word they say? They are playing politics. Is any American saying this? NO! Did he tell Pat Robertson this? NO!

During the October 6, 2005 press briefing, White House spokesman Scott McClellan denied comments attributed to President Bush in the BBC television series. The Bush White House denies that God told Bush to invade Iraq.

The Bush White House also disputes Robertson no casualties comment. "The president never made such a comment," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said.

Last edited:
President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.

In Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, a major three-part series on BBC TWO (at 9.00pm on Monday 10, Monday 17 and Monday 24 October), Abu Mazen, Palestinian Prime Minister, and Nabil Shaath, his Foreign Minister, describe their first meeting with President Bush in June 2003.

"Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ." And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Palestinians are known proven lier's. Why would we believe a word they say? They are playing politics. Is any American saying this? NO! Did he tell Pat Robertson this? NO!

During the October 6, 2005 press briefing, White House spokesman Scott McClellan denied comments attributed to President Bush in the BBC television series. The Bush White House denies that God told Bush to invade Iraq.

The Bush White House also disputes Robertson no casualties comment. "The president never made such a comment," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said.

I think you're numb from the shoulders up. The Bush administration methodically lied to the American people, the congress, the U N, our allies etc. about weapons of mass destruction and never missed a beat. Colin Powell even presented pictures of a truck in which he said WMD's were loaded. He presented it to the UN and the world on TV. They had no shame and then tried for a year to find something after we were there and continued to lie through their teeth. Bush had been pissed off about Saddam Hussein trying to assassinate his daddy and the Republicans had been after him from the mid 90's. That's the facts.

I think you're numb from the shoulders up. The Bush administration methodically lied to the American people, the congress, the U N, our allies etc. about weapons of mass destruction and never missed a beat.

God are you fucking stupid....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwqh4wQPoQk]Democrats on Iraq + WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) - YouTube[/ame]

I think you're numb from the shoulders up. The Bush administration methodically lied to the American people, the congress, the U N, our allies etc. about weapons of mass destruction and never missed a beat.

God are you fucking stupid....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwqh4wQPoQk]Democrats on Iraq + WMD's (Weapons of Mass Destruction) - YouTube[/ame]

NO HE ISN'T ......BUT YOU FUCKING ARE YA FUCKING BAAATCH(just giving that poofter warrior a taste of his own medicine) the little SHIT.

theliq

SATURDAY SNEAK...BUSH LIES...Trailers Of Mass Destruction, Part Two..."You remember when [Secretary of State] Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons....They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two.* And we'll find more weapons as time goes on, But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong. We found them." (italics ours) --WP, "Bush: 'We Found' Banned Weapons. President Cites Trailers in Iraq as Proof, " May 31, 2003

*At the time of this statement, no such weapons were found, and no such weapons have been found to this day. On this point as well as the use of the captured trailers as biolabs, the WP said this in the above article: "U.S. authorities have to date made no claim of a confirmed finding of an actual nuclear, biological or chemical weapon. In the interview, Bush said weapons had been found, but in elaborating, he mentioned only the trailers, which the CIA has concluded were likely used for production of biological weapons." There was no statement of fact, there was no smoking gun. The CIA's finding was advanced as an opinion based on its own particular process of elimination, and it was immediately challenged by both U.S. and U.K. intelligence analysts who had seen the trailers. --Politex, 08.09.03 (italics ours)

Now comes this..."Engineering experts from the Defense Intelligence Agency have come to believe that the most likely use for two mysterious trailers found in Iraq was to produce hydrogen for weather balloons rather than to make biological weapons, government officials say.

The classified findings by a majority of the engineering experts differ from the view put forward in a white paper made public on May 28 by the C.I.A. and the Defense Intelligence Agency, which said that the trailers were ["likely used"] for making biological weapons....

The State Department's intelligence branch, which was not invited to take part in the initial review, disputed the findings in a memorandum on June 2. The fact that American and British intelligence analysts with direct access to the evidence were disputing the claims included in the C.I.A. white paper was first reported in June, along with the analysts' concern that the evaluation of the mobile units had been marred by a rush to judgment." --NYT, 08.09.03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't believe anyone that I know in the administration ever said that Iraq had nuclear weapons."
—Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, at a hearing of the Senate's appropriations subcommittee on defense, May 14, 2003

"We believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."
—Vice President Dick Cheney on NBC's Meet the Press, March 16, 2003

SATURDAY SNEAK...BUSH LIES...Trailers Of Mass Destruction, Part Two..."You remember when [Secretary of State] Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons....They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two.* And we'll find more weapons as time goes on, But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong. We found them." (italics ours) --WP, "Bush: 'We Found' Banned Weapons. President Cites Trailers in Iraq as Proof, " May 31, 2003

*At the time of this statement, no such weapons were found, and no such weapons have been found to this day. On this point as well as the use of the captured trailers as biolabs, the WP said this in the above article: "U.S. authorities have to date made no claim of a confirmed finding of an actual nuclear, biological or chemical weapon. In the interview, Bush said weapons had been found, but in elaborating, he mentioned only the trailers, which the CIA has concluded were likely used for production of biological weapons." There was no statement of fact, there was no smoking gun. The CIA's finding was advanced as an opinion based on its own particular process of elimination, and it was immediately challenged by both U.S. and U.K. intelligence analysts who had seen the trailers. --Politex, 08.09.03 (italics ours)

Now comes this..."Engineering experts from the Defense Intelligence Agency have come to believe that the most likely use for two mysterious trailers found in Iraq was to produce hydrogen for weather balloons rather than to make biological weapons, government officials say.

The classified findings by a majority of the engineering experts differ from the view put forward in a white paper made public on May 28 by the C.I.A. and the Defense Intelligence Agency, which said that the trailers were ["likely used"] for making biological weapons....

The State Department's intelligence branch, which was not invited to take part in the initial review, disputed the findings in a memorandum on June 2. The fact that American and British intelligence analysts with direct access to the evidence were disputing the claims included in the C.I.A. white paper was first reported in June, along with the analysts' concern that the evaluation of the mobile units had been marred by a rush to judgment." --NYT, 08.09.03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't believe anyone that I know in the administration ever said that Iraq had nuclear weapons."
—Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, at a hearing of the Senate's appropriations subcommittee on defense, May 14, 2003

"We believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."
—Vice President Dick Cheney on NBC's Meet the Press, March 16, 2003

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

The way obama got us out was wrong. He disregarded all the advice from all the military leaders because he's the dictator.

Now obama's behavior and policies have caused the dying in Afghanistan, including the deaths of Americans.

Ah..so how did Obama "dictate" the conditions for leaving?

And how do you think we should have left Iraq?

Goddam.......Bush wasn't around till 2001. Did you look at the date on the letter. The Republicans were ripe to strike Iraq from the mid 90's on.

The letter is on the Internet big time. I'm not going to do your searching for you.

Also Rumsfeld contacted his staff on 9-11 within 30 minutes after the plane struck the pentagon and asked them to come up with a plan for the invasion of Iraq. That's how they managed to tell a thousand lies to convince the congress and everybody else to invade.

Ok, Nummmmbskulllll, title your thread "The Republicans said God told them to Invade Iraq", then.

Stop being intentionally dishonest.
:eusa_liar:

Seriously. Your basing this on something that a foreign minister from "Palestine" said? Yessiree..spotless boys those Palestinians. They aren't known for ever lying. Nope.

You can trust every word they say..like Gospel I tells ya.

:lol:

You're seriously dredging up a letter from 12 years ago in reference to a war we've been in for ten years started by a past president who has been out of office for three years now? Who gives a shit?? This is all old new. You think nobody knows all of this?

You Obama lapdogs will try everything you can to distract from the fact that he is as much a failure as the man who preceded him.

Umm we are still paying big time for the stupidity of Bush and his supporters.

THAT is why.

And yes Obama is a third bush term, but that in no way erases the stupidity of The previous administration and it's supporters.
You are either with us or for the enemy!

Yes the supports of the war must pay
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8]Democrats before Iraq War started.... - YouTube[/ame]

You're seriously dredging up a letter from 12 years ago in reference to a war we've been in for ten years started by a past president who has been out of office for three years now? Who gives a shit?? This is all old new. You think nobody knows all of this?

You Obama lapdogs will try everything you can to distract from the fact that he is as much a failure as the man who preceded him.

THAT is why.

And yes Obama is a third bush term, but that in no way erases the stupidity of The previous administration and it's supporters.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8]Democrats before Iraq War started.... - YouTube[/ame]

Yep all those who supported the war and those who just went along out of fear of being called anti-american, unpatriotic, etc.
Should pay.
You have not figured out yet that I think dem politicians are scum as well as the rep ones?

THAT is why.

Yep all those who supported the war and those who just went along out of fear of being called anti-american, unpatriotic, etc.
Should pay.
You have not figured out yet that I think dem politicians are scum as well as the rep ones?

I'm just making sure that the supporters of the war get full credit and not get lost in the democratic twist and shuffle dance they do.

Who gives a shit??

About 4,500 American soldiers killed. Dead.

Over 32,300 American soldiers wounded and/or maimed, about 20% of which includes serious brain or spinal injuries.

Untold thousands of American soldiers suffering from a wide range of long-term psychological and/or emotional damage.

Untold thousands of young American families - wives and children - suffering from what has become of Dad.

Over $800 billion spent while our country rots.

As far as I know, you are under absolutely no obligation to "give a shit".

At least it's a good thing we were able to get in there and save the world from all those weapons of mass destruction, right?

Any thoughts on the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans killed, most of them innocent mind?

Who gives a shit??

About 4,500 American soldiers killed. Dead.

Over 32,300 American soldiers wounded and/or maimed, about 20% of which includes serious brain or spinal injuries.

Untold thousands of American soldiers suffering from a wide range of long-term psychological and/or emotional damage.

Untold thousands of young American families - wives and children - suffering from what has become of Dad.

Over $800 billion spent while our country rots.

As far as I know, you are under absolutely no obligation to "give a shit".

At least it's a good thing we were able to get in there and save the world from all those weapons of mass destruction, right?

Any thoughts on the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans killed, most of them innocent mind?

In Wikipedia they list various studies that estimated from 150,000 to more than 1,000,000 in Iraq. They also estimate as many as a million wounded. They know that when the suicide bombings started(first time in Iraq's history) that more than 2,000,000 fled their homes to Syria and Jordon. A real ClusterPhuck.

Last edited:
I say before we come to any final decision about that we need to look at how long the Republican party had been after Saddam Hussein:

January 26, 1998

The Honorable William J. Clinton
President of the United States
Washington, DC

Dear Mr. President:

We are writing you because we are convinced that current American policy toward Iraq is not succeeding, and that we may soon face a threat in the Middle East more serious than any we have known since the end of the Cold War. In your upcoming State of the Union Address, you have an opportunity to chart a clear and determined course for meeting this threat. We urge you to seize that opportunity, and to enunciate a new strategy that would secure the interests of the U.S. and our friends and allies around the world. That strategy should aim, above all, at the removal of Saddam Hussein’s regime from power. We stand ready to offer our full support in this difficult but necessary endeavor.

The policy of "containment" of Saddam Hussein has been steadily eroding over the past several months. As recent events have demonstrated, we can no longer depend on our partners in the Gulf War coalition to continue to uphold the sanctions or to punish Saddam when he blocks or evades UN inspections. Our ability to ensure that Saddam Hussein is not producing weapons of mass destruction, therefore, has substantially diminished. Even if full inspections were eventually to resume, which now seems highly unlikely, experience has shown that it is difficult if not impossible to monitor Iraq’s chemical and biological weapons production. The lengthy period during which the inspectors will have been unable to enter many Iraqi facilities has made it even less likely that they will be able to uncover all of Saddam’s secrets. As a result, in the not-too-distant future we will be unable to determine with any reasonable level of confidence whether Iraq does or does not possess such weapons.

Such uncertainty will, by itself, have a seriously destabilizing effect on the entire Middle East. It hardly needs to be added that if Saddam does acquire the capability to deliver weapons of mass destruction, as he is almost certain to do if we continue along the present course, the safety of American troops in the region, of our friends and allies like Israel and the moderate Arab states, and a significant portion of the world’s supply of oil will all be put at hazard. As you have rightly declared, Mr. President, the security of the world in the first part of the 21st century will be determined largely by how we handle this threat.

Given the magnitude of the threat, the current policy, which depends for its success upon the steadfastness of our coalition partners and upon the cooperation of Saddam Hussein, is dangerously inadequate. The only acceptable strategy is one that eliminates the possibility that Iraq will be able to use or threaten to use weapons of mass destruction. In the near term, this means a willingness to undertake military action as diplomacy is clearly failing. In the long term, it means removing Saddam Hussein and his regime from power. That now needs to become the aim of American foreign policy.

We urge you to articulate this aim, and to turn your Administration's attention to implementing a strategy for removing Saddam's regime from power. This will require a full complement of diplomatic, political and military efforts. Although we are fully aware of the dangers and difficulties in implementing this policy, we believe the dangers of failing to do so are far greater. We believe the U.S. has the authority under existing UN resolutions to take the necessary steps, including military steps, to protect our vital interests in the Gulf. In any case, American policy cannot continue to be crippled by a misguided insistence on unanimity in the UN Security Council.

We urge you to act decisively. If you act now to end the threat of weapons of mass destruction against the U.S. or its allies, you will be acting in the most fundamental national security interests of the country. If we accept a course of weakness and drift, we put our interests and our future at risk.

Sincerely,

Elliott Abrams Richard L. Armitage William J. Bennett

Jeffrey Bergner John Bolton Paula Dobriansky

Francis Fukuyama Robert Kagan Zalmay Khalilzad

William Kristol Richard Perle Peter W. Rodman

Donald Rumsfeld William Schneider, Jr. Vin Weber

Paul Wolfowitz R. James Woolsey Robert B. Zoellick

Ok.....
It's early and I haven't finished my first cup of coffee, but......

Where is Dubya's name in that post-with-no-link???
He was probably praying at the time Hortie.....just saying steven:cool:

Forum List

Back