George H. W. Bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by candycorn, Oct 10, 2012.

1. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,046
    Hello and good morning.

Just a thought appropos of nothing. He has entered his sunset years and while I certainly hope that the man lives as long as he wants; obviously that won't happen.

I am hopeful that perhaps we can try to remain civil if/when he passes. He was a great public servant who served with honor in various capacities. I disagreed with him on several things; pardoning most of the Iran Contra chief amonst these.

When a man passes; it's not the time to be critical of him; there'll be time later. So please, when it finally happens; remember how you'd like to be remembered and try to muster some class for this distinguished American.

2. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,908
    I am hopeful that perhaps we can try to remain civil, Allah willing Obama will go first and guide HW into the afterlife.

3. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Depends on how one looks at it. When Saddam Hussein tried to assassinate Bush41 in 1993 little did he know that he provided a reason for Bush's son to spend a trillion dollars and get over 4500 young Americans killed. That's the only reason we invaded iraq....Texas justice.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    We are each remembered for what we were and what we did.

For GHWB Iran Contra comes to mnd.

5. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73

And for Bill Clinton sticking cigars in Monica's private comes to mind!..Idiot!

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    only in the minds of Left wing partisan Hacks like yourself sweet heart.

7. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,352
    You are a dreamer. You believe this place will transform itself into a blissful state of tranquil serenity, candy? Lol

8. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,846
    LIAR!!! Are you EVER going to admit that the 1991 CEASE FIRE" meant ONLY "Stop firing"???
    And Saddam broke the CEASE FIRE dozens of times finally reaching a breaking point when Iraqis danced in the streets on 9/11/2001 gleeful that the 3,000 people died!
    And the Liberation was over on On May 1, 2003, BUT with TRAITORS like you and the below YOU encouraged the murders of 3,000 more troops, $600 billion more because YOU LOvED to hear these words from these traitors!!!
    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

Calling our troops cold blooded killers, civilian killers terrorists... GEEZ don't you honestly think the terrorists WERE HAPPY to hear what you and your fellow traitors did to recruit MORE TERRORISTS???

YOU to me and millions who hated these above statements and KNEW they were words of encouragement are totally disgusted by your ILK!

9. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,593
    Not for me. What does come to mind is wondering what the look was on Clinton's face when some aide had to tell him, "Ah, sir, about the blue dress. She never had it cleaned. Your cum stain is still on it and she's handed it over to them for DNA testing. Sir...sir...are you okay, sir?...Take a deep breath..."

10. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    That too! :D