Geologist predicted EPA would intentionally pollute Animas River to secure federal funding

This thread belongs in conspiracy theories. Too bad there isn't a "dumb as fuck" forum, because that would be even better.

The dude called this thing days before it happened, but you cant wrap your pea-brain around that so it must be a conspiracy theory, roflmao

Read this article:

The real culprit in Animas River spill - CNN.com

Now maybe you'll stifle some of your ignorant arrogant ad hominems.

That article is little more than pro-government propaganda.

The specific mine in questions was not leaking. The 'plug' was intact and the EPA dug into it without a back up plan for failure of the containment area.
So against the advice of an expert with experience instead of a phud, they dug in anyway and predictably enough their containment got breached and the toxic waters spilled into a beautiful river.

But that doesn't matter to ass hats like you because the only fact that is genuinely relevant to you is that this happened during the Obama Regime tenure. And so you will defend the government at every angle and opportunity you can with any lies or distortions you can invent or find.

So even though you ideological fanatics got a Reagan official to resign for carving something on a sandstone formation in a national park, you will cover for incompetent or corrupt Chicago machine goons that dumped millions of gallons of toxic water into a large river eco system.

Even though libtards hounded Nixon out of office essentially for lying under oath, you continue to defend the serial perjurer Bill Clinton.

Even though the Obama Regime fired Petreus for having an unsecured laptop in his home, you morons don't have a problem with Hillary Clinton running an unsecured private email server that had at least two top secret documents on it and estimated thousands of other classified documents, but she had pros wipe her server clean so no one is sure what was and was not on it now.

Even though you libtards run your mouths about gun control, when the Obama Regime mishandled a gun control effort that let thousands of guns into Mexico, you got no problem with that and blame George Bush.

You ideological liars and con artists are losing your ability to hood wink the American public. We are onto your lies and that of the GOP establishment also.

Change is coming, so store up your tissues, bitch.

I don't know if this was planned or not, but what a MESS!! The people who depend on those waters for a living are now starting to suffer.
shake%20head.gif
And for the EPA to be responsible? That's pretty bad.

And you think these Chicago Machine ideologues care for even a moment what happens to all those people? For an answer to that question just take a close look at Chicago whose crimes are so bad they don't even cooperate with FBI crime statistics last I saw. They get mayoral candidates pushed on them from outside and the locals don't even have a chance to pick someone who actually lived for years in Chicago as the law requires. A city where law abiding citizens are about the only people that don't go around able to defend themselves.

The EPA was warned about this, and the guy even predicted that this would happen for the reasons he gave.

But Dimbocrat ideologues will still defend Obamas EPA for this blunder because lying and spreading bullshit is all they do.

OMG, if this can be proven true, the EPA officials involved should go to jail for the rest of their lives. If not true, then how did this geologist PREDICT the disaster?
In any event, days before the incident, retired geologist Dave Taylor wrote to the editors of the Silverton Standard & the Miner newspaper that he believed there would be an intentional breach with ulterior motives behind it.

Planned 'accident'?

"Based on my 47 years of experience as a professional geologist," Taylor wrote, "it appears to me that the EPA is setting your town and the area up for a possible Superfund blitzkrieg."

Learn more: Geologist predicted EPA would intentionally pollute Animas River to secure federal funding - NaturalNews.com

The contractor and his EPA bosses should be in Gitmo

This thread belongs in conspiracy theories. Too bad there isn't a "dumb as fuck" forum, because that would be even better.

The dude called this thing days before it happened, but you cant wrap your pea-brain around that so it must be a conspiracy theory, roflmao

Read this article:

Now maybe you'll stifle some of your ignorant arrogant ad hominems.

That article is little more than pro-government propaganda.

The specific mine in questions was not leaking. The 'plug' was intact and the EPA dug into it without a back up plan for failure of the containment area.
So against the advice of an expert with experience instead of a phud, they dug in anyway and predictably enough their containment got breached and the toxic waters spilled into a beautiful river.

But that doesn't matter to ass hats like you because the only fact that is genuinely relevant to you is that this happened during the Obama Regime tenure. And so you will defend the government at every angle and opportunity you can with any lies or distortions you can invent or find.

So even though you ideological fanatics got a Reagan official to resign for carving something on a sandstone formation in a national park, you will cover for incompetent or corrupt Chicago machine goons that dumped millions of gallons of toxic water into a large river eco system.

Even though libtards hounded Nixon out of office essentially for lying under oath, you continue to defend the serial perjurer Bill Clinton.

Even though the Obama Regime fired Petreus for having an unsecured laptop in his home, you morons don't have a problem with Hillary Clinton running an unsecured private email server that had at least two top secret documents on it and estimated thousands of other classified documents, but she had pros wipe her server clean so no one is sure what was and was not on it now.

Even though you libtards run your mouths about gun control, when the Obama Regime mishandled a gun control effort that let thousands of guns into Mexico, you got no problem with that and blame George Bush.

You ideological liars and con artists are losing your ability to hood wink the American public. We are onto your lies and that of the GOP establishment also.

Change is coming, so store up your tissues, bitch.

Nice rant, typical of a punkass bully hiding behind a keyboard.

I don't know if this was planned or not, but what a MESS!! The people who depend on those waters for a living are now starting to suffer.
shake%20head.gif

Here's some facts which may answer your questions:

"A gold mine that has been inactive since 1920 spilled 3 million gallons of toxic mining waste into the Animas River in Colorado after contractors working for an Environmental Protection Agency cleanup team using heavy equipment accidentally sent it flowing into the waterway. The spill has spread from Colorado into New Mexico and now into Utah -- affecting over 100 river miles."

LINK for more info:

Why weren't they more careful? They are the EPA for heaven's sake. They should have had a backup plan in case something went wrong. WTH? This is inexcusable.

I really can't say that it was done on purpose, but it sure wouldn't be surprising. It's all about funding and washing one another's hands after all. Anyone who thinks these government agencies are on the up and up and are honest is just fooling themselves. This is just one reason why we need to streamline our governmental agencies . . . much easier to watch them when there are fewer. Such waste!!!

I really can't say that it was done on purpose, but it sure wouldn't be surprising. It's all about funding and washing one another's hands after all. Anyone who thinks these government agencies are on the up and up and are honest is just fooling themselves. This is just one reason why we need to streamline our governmental agencies . . . much easier to watch them when there are fewer. Such waste!!!

Someone has fooled you. Or maybe you've confused the greed and corruption in the private sector with government agencies?

Let's do this. You post credible evidence of what you believe, and I'll respond with ENRON, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, AIG, etc etc.

I'll even start:

10 White Collar Crime Cases That Made Headlines - Criminal Justice USA

And how about bribery:

Duke Cunningham - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Someone has fooled you. Or maybe you've confused the greed and corruption in the private sector with government agencies?

Let's do this. You post credible evidence of what you believe, and I'll respond with ENRON, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, AIG, etc etc.

I'll even start:

10 White Collar Crime Cases That Made Headlines - Criminal Justice USA

And how about bribery:

Err, I don't think so. I never said there was no corruption in the private sector, now did I? That does not mean that there isn't something up with this incident. They should definitely be held as accountable as any other private sector business would be. Why are you making excuses for government screw ups?

Wouldn't want Wry to carry those misconceptions about "a contractor did it".. EPA has said MANY TIMES that it was functionally IN CHARGE of operations at the site and was the On-Site management responsible for the work and the safety issues.

You don't blame the bulldozer driver for a mining accident. If you COULD --- a lot of miners would hire outside bulldozer operators.

shake%20head.gif

"A gold mine that has been inactive since 1920 spilled 3 million gallons of toxic mining waste into the Animas River in Colorado after contractors working for an Environmental Protection Agency cleanup team using heavy equipment accidentally sent it flowing into the waterway. The spill has spread from Colorado into New Mexico and now into Utah -- affecting over 100 river miles."

LINK for more info:

Why weren't they more careful? They are the EPA for heaven's sake. They should have had a backup plan in case something went wrong. WTH? This is inexcusable.

Because they are incompetent degreed experts who decide things by consensus rather than engineering and scientific facts.

Just look at the fact that a moderator moved this thread to the 'Conspiracy Theory' forum, lol.

'Why the river didn't get polluted, that is just a conspiracy theory, man!'

roflmao this message board is apparently an appendage to the Obama Regime CYA orgs, lol

Last edited:
Wouldn't want Wry to carry those misconceptions about "a contractor did it".. EPA has said MANY TIMES that it was functionally IN CHARGE of operations at the site and was the On-Site management responsible for the work and the safety issues.

You don't blame the bulldozer driver for a mining accident. If you COULD --- a lot of miners would hire outside bulldozer operators.

But in this case there was no need for a bulldozer to begin with. The mine 'plug' was fully functional and not leaking until the EPA dug into it.

But that's all just a conspiracy theory.

So, the EPA hired a Private Contractor to create a massive spill from a mess left by private sector minors to better their budget? Does that about sum it up?

From the article:
"Taylor references a June meeting between the newspaper's editors and a representative from the EPA, who reportedly told them "we don't have an agenda" – meaning the agency – a statement which Taylor described as "either ignorant naivety or an outright falsehood."

He went on to lay out "the scenario that will occur based on my experience," in which he says that, after the plugging of the breached dam, exfiltrating water will be retained behind the ramparts, "accumulating at a rate of approximately 500 gallons per minute."

In the long run, he believes the "grand experiment" of essentially putting a cork back in the bottle will "fail." Then, he believes, the EPA will come back and say that, since its plan failed, "we will have to build a treatment plant at a cost to taxpayers" of hundreds of millions of dollars.

"Reading between the lines, I believe that has been the EPA's plan all along," Taylor continued. The proposed plugging plan, he says, was EPA's way of getting its foot in the door "to justify their hidden agenda for construction of a treatment plant.

Silence is deafening

"After all," he continued, "with a budget of $8.2 billion and 17,000 employees, the EPA needs new, big projects to feed and justify their existence."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/050772_EPA_pollution_Animas_River_federal_funding.html#ixzz3ioRcUOQ3

Okay, so a single source makes an allegation which you feel is conclusive of the EPA's culpability. You're not a fan of the Federal Government, so your opinion is suspect. So, BTW, the single source may have a dislike of the Feds & the EPA too.

He called it ahead of time, so none of your bullshit holds any water, jack ass.

Of course you missed the point.

It is pathetic how utterly predictable you libtards are. Defending anyone in the government during a Democrat administration is such a deeply ingrained knee jerk that you just cant help yourselves, even if it the disaster was at the cost of the environment itself, which yo uwould normally prattle on about ad nauseum.

But no, nothing bad can happen during the Obama Regimes tenure or else it is a conservative conspiracy theory, roflmao.

Your conspiracy theory - like most - is too complicated. Applying Occam's Razor, the spill was most likely an accident.

You don't know what Occam's Razor is about, which is science, not Democrat Chicago Machine politics.

Occam s Razor

Now you do too (if you read the link and understand it that is).

A reference to an ENGLISH proff misusing it proves nothing. IT is used in science and in other fields like mathematics the same general principle is referred to with other names. Solomonoff's theory of inductive inference

Note that this wiki article lists the application of Occam's Razor and they all pertain to science..

Occam s razor - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And you misuse the principle anyway, because it does not prove anything or disprove anything but merely shifts the burden of proof in situation where all the evidence is otherwise equal.

In this case there is overwhelming evidence that the EPA was directly responsible and was adequately warned well ahead of time. The whistle blower even had a letter published days prior that predicted EXACTLY what happened, and so there is no counter evidence, and no occasion to misuse Occam's Razor, you bleeding hypocritical ideologue.

If the EPA wanted to know how much water was building up they should have installed a pressure gauge. Only a complete moron would remove a plug from a mine to see how much water was behind it.

It's starting to sound more like a deliberate disaster as the geologist Dave Taylor claimed the EPA was constructing way before they did it.

Taylor was also correct in noting that the EPA has been lobbying to designate the area as a recipient of federal SuperFund financing, but locals have resisted that request. It was reported in the Denver Post in April 2014. 3 months before the EPA disaster.

Last edited:
shake%20head.gif

LINK for more info:

Because they are incompetent degreed experts who decide things by consensus rather than engineering and scientific facts.

Just look at the fact that a moderator moved this thread to the 'Conspiracy Theory' forum, lol.

roflmao this message board is apparently an appendage to the Obama Regime CYA orgs, lol

The river was polluted is a fact. Your unproven allegation isn't even a theory, it's a conspiracy lacking even the credibility of a hypothesis.

The river was polluted is a fact. Your unproven allegation isn't even a theory, it's a conspiracy lacking even the credibility of a hypothesis.

That the contractor wrote a letter to a local paper telling what was and was about to happen EXACTLY AS IT DID INCT HAPPEN are also facts.

is explanation as to why the EPA did what it did is conjecture, but take your pick; either the EPA is so incompetent it drilled in a functioning plug without adequate backup due to complete incompetence and arrogance, OR they did it with knowledge of what would likely happen also and did it anyway making them criminally negligent in my opinion and of many others as well.
That you are a disgusting partisan kiss ass defending this ravage of a natural environment is telling as well.

shake%20head.gif

LINK for more info:

The vast majority of Big-Gov't types have never lived west of the Mississippi. They've just flown into Denver to buy their weed and didn't stay long..........:smoke:.

There is NO SUCH THING as a coincidence!

The New American ^ | August 14, 2015 | Alex Newman
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has made a major mess of the Animas River in Colorado and beyond, and now, some analysts are suggesting it may have even been a deliberate plot to bilk taxpayers and shut down mining in the region. Critics of the EPA are pointing to a letter by geologist Dave Taylor, published a week before the toxic spill, warning residents to protect themselves from the EPA and predicting a similar disaster in the same area purposely caused by the controversial agency. Now, almost as if on cue, the EPA is seeking more money and more power...
1XtegwT.jpg

Forum List

Back