Genesis and Reality can not coexist

The ClayTaurus said:
I think you just said Newton was smarter than Jesus.

I always wondered about that, do people think Jesus was really smart, or just really wise?

As a deity, it would be reasonable to believe that Jesus was infinitely intelligent. However, Jesus ministered to the poor and uneducated, so he never exhibited his intelligence as it wouldn't do any good and would probably alienate them. Therefore, he's known for being wise above all else. Newton, however, was smart for a living.

Powerman said:
Perhaps a curious lurker? Someone who has never thought of such things before and just assumed them to be true?

Who knows. I enjoy talking about it. This is a message forum. Get over it.

LOL, IMO there's a difference between "talking about it" and carry on about it as you do.

But there's nothing to get over. I just thought I'd draw attention again to your obsessive/compulsive habit on the topic. :D

GunnyL said:
LOL, IMO there's a difference between "talking about it" and carry on about it as you do.

But there's nothing to get over. I just thought I'd draw attention again to your obsessive/compulsive habit on the topic. :D
obsessive/compulsive habit on the topic. :D
No shit. For someone that doesn't 'believe' obsessive seems mild as an adjective.

manu1959 said:
possible.....what would it take for you to change your mind and belive in god?

I'm not sure. I guess if I ever do change my mind I'll let you know what happened. :)

Powerman said:
I'm not sure. I guess if I ever do change my mind I'll let you know what happened. :)

whenever you are extremely convicted about something......asking yourself...."what would it take for me to change my mind?"....will often lead you to confirm your belief or search further.....

Powerman said:
But these people lived during different times. I'm not so sure Newton would believe it now if he were alive.

He had more knowledge than most today do.

I actually think Newton was smarter than Jesus. Not so sure though, Jesus never attempted to hone his "scientific" mind.

Powerman said:
Perhaps a curious lurker? Someone who has never thought of such things before and just assumed them to be true?

Who knows. I enjoy talking about it. This is a message forum. Get over it.

No, you enjoy venting about it.

LuvRPgrl said:
He had more knowledge than most today do.

I actually think Newton was smarter than Jesus. Not so sure though, Jesus never attempted to hone his "scientific" mind.

Had more knowledge? Probably not. More intelligent? Definitely. Some of his theories have already been obsoleted by Einstein in 1915. So how would you gather that he has more knowledge? Certainly he was a brilliant mind but I wouldn't say that he has more knowledge than the average physicist today. He would certainly be mistaken on many things compared to modern phycisits.

Forum List

Back