Gender X

What does my opinion have to do with what's written on a DMV form? 🤔

Maybe you're not reading it correctly ... does it say "sex" or "gender" ... because words have gender ... and the gender for driver's license is feminine ...

Obviously ... the "X" means neuter ... learn to speak Spanish and you'll understand ... or French or German or Italian ... I don't know about the Slavic languages ...

So I got my renewal form for my license in the mail yesterday. Where is asks you for your gender it has 3 choices. M/F/X
Does anyone know what the X stands for?
Generally doesn't 'X' represent an unknown, or at least in algebra it does.

Also X is legally accepted in place of a signature if a person is illiterate.

Or it could simply mean 'neither choice' (neither male or female which could translate to non-binary?)

Maybe you could search the website for the state agency that issued your license and see if they have information there. I'm just guessing.

Or it could simply mean 'neither choice' (neither male or female which could translate to non-binary?)

Maybe you could search the website for the state agency that issued your license and see if they have information there. I'm just guessing.
Thank you for actually addressing the topic.

I checked the state website and I found this:
To change the gender marker on your ID, the DMV does not ask for any documentation. Just submit an application form with the updated information. Vermont now allows three gender marker options on state IDs: Male (“M”), Female (“F”), or Other (“X”).

"X" is the Greek letter chi ... the hyperbolic cosine integral ... I used to know what that is, but not anymore ha ha ha ...

It's also used for "Christ" ... which is even more difficult to understand than hyperbolic cosine functions ...

They do have gender; neuter.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-eee99d9b0409dde9c5aba6b21b368ef1-c

Forum List

Back