Geezus.....worried about climate? Forget it..... micro-plastics far more dangerous

True, and to tell the truth, I have seen this or an article like this a month or two ago or more. I also think they showed a similar alarming picture, and yes, I did mention to PJ, explaining what I had read, and asking should we be chugging down so much bottle water. If there are actually micro particles of nano-plastics in my Aqaufina from Sam's Club, it would be disquieting. I remember seeing picture of the particles, but do not remember whether it was naked eye/magnifying glass or a significantly high-powered microscope. I suspect maybe the latter, as it jumped out at me the OP linked article.

OK, so here is where I am on the danger to me. I plan to act as if it is negligible danger.

Lets face it. I did drugs that were supposed kill me and did not. I have drank southern illegal moonshine out of cleaned out plastic milk jugs. I have drank water (intentionally or unintentional) from everywhere from mountain streams to swamps (treating when I could), even drinking from streams that ran through military bases, figuring I was probably a couple of km away where some private was pissing in the stream or worse. Running out of water in my canteen, I have literally parted green scum on top of remaining water in a tank track and drank, knowing in 90+ degrees it was safer to drink the undoubtedly bad water in the field, taking my chances on fuel, or microbes, or possible chemicals in water known to be considered non-potable and lived to get back to base, instead of going into heat prostration or heat stroke, figuring if I got sick in a few hours, but made it back, the medics or hospital would get me through, and I was correct.

At almost 70, I am pretty sure nano-plastics from bottled water, plastic straws, throwaway fountain drinks, etc are not what will do me in at my age. So, I figure I will continue on as I have, even since plastics were said to be a danger to me. But, that is just me.:dunno:
Sample of one.

This will get us long before climate does.

I've been following this theme for the past year. It's a subtle health catastrophe far worse and far more immediate that CO2 ppm.

1713551564880.png

Forum List

Back