Gee, Christie; when WILL you learn

Some Republicans have figured out how to divide the North East vote, and thus remove Romney from his perpetual seat at the top of the ticket - that is by running another North Easterner against him like Christy. Perry is chomping at the bit hoping Christy runs.

Just so I'm clear. The problem is that he didn't let the correct authorities know he was leaving the state (for whatever reason). I could see how that might be a security problem in case, perish the thought, that he got hurt.

Whether that needs to be "public" or not seems a non-issue to me. And "secret meetings"? Since when does a private meeting become a "secret" meeting? Is there magic language involved or just when it pisses someone off?

(BTW, I could never drink decaf. EVER.)

I think it's when public representatives of "we the people" attend meetings that nobody knows about, and the press isn't welcome. I'm pretty sure that's the criteria.

Maybe he's got himself one of those Argentinian tootsies?

Just so I'm clear. The problem is that he didn't let the correct authorities know he was leaving the state (for whatever reason). I could see how that might be a security problem in case, perish the thought, that he got hurt.

Whether that needs to be "public" or not seems a non-issue to me. And "secret meetings"? Since when does a private meeting become a "secret" meeting? Is there magic language involved or just when it pisses someone off?

I think it's when public representatives of "we the people" attend meetings that nobody knows about, and the press isn't welcome. I'm pretty sure that's the criteria.
So, you were obviously outraged when Obama held all those "secret meetings" before the Bin Laden raid, because the press wasn't present, and nobody knew about it, eh?

Christ, liberals are fuckin' idiots!:cuckoo:

Fauxtrageous...

Simply fauxtrageous...

Yup. Considering the OP seems to only view it as an issue when it's GOP. Partisan whining from the left. We don't see that often. :lol:
No shit!

They can get back to us when they find Christie sat in the pews of a racist church for over twenty friggin' years, was involved in a fraudulent real estate deal with a convicted felon, or launched his political career in the home of a terrorist.

The New Jersey Republican committee paid $63,000 for a chartered jet to fly Christie to a closed-door seminar June 26 near Vail, Colorado, public election records show. The event was sponsored by David andCharles Koch, the billionaire oilmen, and Christie’s participation became public only when the magazine Mother Jones posted a secret recording of his speech to its website Sept. 7.

From the same article. If it's all so public, why did nobody know until MJ ran the story three months later.

Because they were too lazy to go look it up.

Oh, and thanks for another dazzling tard thread.

Somebody give me the last piece of the puzzle.

Why are these meetings so secretive? Hmmm?

Christie Comes Clean on Trips as N.J. Governor Seeks Donations - Bloomberg

what part of public, as in public schedule, do you find baffling?

What part of “The governor needs to recognize that he has a responsibility to the people of New Jersey to at least assure for the orderly transfer of power if he does decide to leave the state,” do YOU find baffling - and again. What's with all the secrecy?? They are the leaders of the free world. What is with these Koch meetings. The press is not welcome. What's up with that.

I'm sure the NJ constitution provides for the transfer of power if the governor is incapacitated or unavailable. If not, that state as a whole is dumber than I thought.

So, you were obviously outraged when Obama held all those "secret meetings" before the Bin Laden raid, because the press wasn't present, and nobody knew about it, eh?

You're actually using meetings with national security implications as a counter example?

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s bid to raise money nationwide for Republicans as he considers a presidential run is forcing him to divulge details on out-of- state trips that he had previously kept secret.

Christie, 49, has made at least 35 political appearances outside New Jersey since he took office in January 2010, according to a review of his public schedule, published reports and Republican State Committee finance records filed with the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.

Those trips became a political issue after Christie’s June attendance at a private Colorado gathering hosted by the Tea- Party-backing Koch brothers came to light. Christie, who pledged a “new era of transparency” in his inaugural address, didn’t notify the public or legislative leaders that he left the state that day. New Jersey has no formal notification process for when a governor travels.

“The governor needs to recognize that he has a responsibility to the people of New Jersey to at least assure for the orderly transfer of power if he does decide to leave the state,” said state Senator Loretta Weinberg, a Democrat from Teaneck who ran unsuccessfully for lieutenant governor as Jon Corzine’s running mate in the 2009 election won by Christie.

Somebody give me the last piece of the puzzle.

Why are these meetings so secretive? Hmmm?

Christie Comes Clean on Trips as N.J. Governor Seeks Donations - Bloomberg
Yet you do not have a problem with obamaturds records and his campaign contributions being secret do you? Idiot.
Owned:)

Sorry. I usually like what you have to say, but I can't agree with you on this one. Public officials can hold private meetings. If you don't like the result of what goes on in the meeting (i.e. influence over public money) then vote the guy out.

from the OP...

Those trips became a political issue after Christie’s June attendance at a private Colorado gathering hosted by the Tea- Party-backing Koch brothers came to light. Christie, who pledged a “new era of transparency” in his inaugural address, didn’t notify the public or legislative leaders that he left the state that day. New Jersey has no formal notification process for when a governor travels.

So, BDStoop is all in a tizzy because Christie didn't notify anyone he had left the state, like he's not required to.

You're actually using meetings with national security implications as a counter example?

Yes, he actually is. Too funny.

When it's a Republican holding/attending it.

Perhaps we should put a camera in their bathroom so we can make sure they are attending to real bathroom business and not just playing with themselves too. :rolleyes:

Sorry. I usually like what you have to say, but I can't agree with you on this one. Public officials can hold private meetings. If you don't like the result of what goes on in the meeting (i.e. influence over public money) then vote the guy out.

The public officials weren't holding the meetings. The Koch Brothers were, and they are working on taking over the government.

The public officials weren't holding the meetings. The Koch Brothers were, and they are working on taking over the government.

And? A public official can attend a private meeting. You're still not explaining what's so wrong about that. Convince me.

Just like soros is backing dimwits to destabilize our gov't.

New Topics

Forum List

Back