Gay's Adopting Children

Grace, there is absolutely no study that proves that gay people don't abuse kids.

None. If you believe there is, then you believe that being gay makes people somehow better than the rest of humans on earth.

And that would be incredibly silly.

lol. You guys! I don't know if there is such a study nor how it could be done correctly if there were. It was just a question someone asked.
And I think I have said a few times that it matters not to me the sexual preference of the adoptees. What matters is if they are capable, able to, can, willing, and nurturing to the child in question. Gay OR hetero. But in this topic, it's for gays. I am for allowing them to adopt IF they go through the same steps heteros do.

YOU are Solomon. What is your decree in this case?

One day two women came before the King. They carried with them a little baby, which was set down on the floor, at the foot of Solomon’s throne
“O my lord,” said one of the women, “five days ago I gave birth to a child. This woman and I live in the same house, and three days later she also gave birth, but that same night her child died, and at midnight she arose and, while I was sleeping, took my son away from me, and laid her dead child in its place. When I awoke in the morning I thought at first that my son was dead, until I realised that it was not my child.”
“No,” interrupted the second woman, “she lies, my lord, she lies! The living child is mine and the dead is hers!”
“No,” cried the first woman, wildly. “No, the dead child is yours, and the living child is mine.”
King Solomon raised his hand for silence.
“One of you says ‘my child lives and yours is dead ’, and the other says ‘your child is dead and my child lives’: there is a simple way to resolve the matter. Bring me a sword.”
A sword was brought, and the assembly waited to see how the King would proceed.
“Very well,” he said, “ cut the child in two, and give half to one mother, and half to the other.”
The first woman turned pale.
“O my lord,” she said in a faltering voice. “Pray, give her the child. I beg you, do not kill it.”
But the other woman’s face remained hard.
“Let it be neither mine nor yours,” she said, “divide it as the King has ordained.”

I'm thinking that since no husbands are mentioned, the king should decree that the two women raise the child together as a loving lesbian couple.

Let's play a scenario, Tank.
Hetero couple has a baby. They don't want it, nor care about it. They abuse the child but keep it because they get extra perks having a child dependent.
Gay couple want the baby. WANT is the key word. They will care for the child, love it, do the best they can. Are not recieving any aid from the government and have plenty of money they earned.
Which one would you want that child to go to if you were a judge deciding the case.
With your lopsided scenario, I would choose the homosexual couple for the child.

Let's play a scenario, Grace

Both couples being equal in everyway except one is homosexual and the other is hetrosexual.

Who do you think should get the child?

I dunno, Joe. The one woman seems pretty mean. She would rather the kid be cut in half than let it go to someone else. And the other woman would rather it go to the meanie than see it die.
I'm glad I was not Solomon.

Let's play a scenario, Tank.
Hetero couple has a baby. They don't want it, nor care about it. They abuse the child but keep it because they get extra perks having a child dependent.
Gay couple want the baby. WANT is the key word. They will care for the child, love it, do the best they can. Are not recieving any aid from the government and have plenty of money they earned.
Which one would you want that child to go to if you were a judge deciding the case.
With your lopsided scenario, I would choose the homosexual couple for the child.

Let's play a scenario, Grace

Both couples being equal in everyway except one is homosexual and the other is hetrosexual.

Who do you think should get the child?

I'd have to go with hetero if they were both equal in love, caring, nurturing, ability, financially stable, etc. Why? Because even though I am for gays adopting, I also think the opposite sex is needed somewhere in the childs life. Hell, even Elton John said that himself. Their child will need a female presence in his life as he grows. Most gays agree with that.

I dunno, Joe. The one woman seems pretty mean. She would rather the kid be cut in half than let it go to someone else. And the other woman would rather it go to the meanie than see it die.
I'm glad I was not Solomon.

They balance each other - takes a wise king to bring balance from conflict.

This can also be applied to single mother who chooses to adopt and raise a child without a spouse. Is the child missing anything NOT having a father? Should she be allowed to adopt?

These scenarios are tending to pit two couples against each other, mud-wrestling over the last child up for adoption ever.

I get the impression that what the adoption world needs is more qualified parents, not more kids. Ending the automatic disqualification that comes with being gay would result in more stability for more kids, no?

This can also be applied to single mother who chooses to adopt and raise a child without a spouse. Is the child missing anything NOT having a father? Should she be allowed to adopt?

If she has the money to feed the adopted kid, yes, she should be allowed to adopt the kid.
Otherwise no, there are already too many single moms out there who live on social paycheck by productive majority.
The kid should be given to a mother who can afford it, or to a straight couple who can afford the child.

Don't attack me on this one, but wasn't there a study that said gay couples adopt older children more often? Due to the fact heteros are the preferred couple. I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that a year ago. Something about how they are adopting the children, people don't want.

The high rates of sexual diseases and the low life expectancy of homosexuals can't be good for children.

Don't attack me on this one, but wasn't there a study that said gay couples adopt older children more often? Due to the fact heteros are the preferred couple. I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that a year ago. Something about how they are adopting the children, people don't want.

Most that adopt want new born or babies. Not older children. I don't know if there was a study though, but I do recall tv shows about it. Like 20/20 and 60 Minutes, etc.

The high rates of sexual diseases and the low life expectancy of homosexuals can't be good for children.

You can say the same thing about men in general, should we not allow men to have children?
Men don't live as long, and have a greater chance of getting an STD. I guess we should take away their rights.

You surely do disappoint me, Tank.
Are there any stats that can back that up that more gays have sexual diseases than heteros?

You don't make children from apple-juice. Off course men (straight) should be allowed to have children as many as they want.

You can say the same thing about men in general, should we not allow men to have children?
Men don't live as long, and have a greater chance of getting an STD. I guess we should take away their rights.

Good point.

The rates for homosexuals are far greater

The OP is fucking bullshit. To say you support gays adopting is bullshit, just like saying good parents shouldn't be allowed to adopt because of their sexuality.

All that matters is their ability to provide a good home and upbringing. The OP doesn't even bother with this.

I call bullshit on all such threads.

You surely do disappoint me, Tank.
Are there any stats that can back that up that more gays have sexual diseases than heteros?

The problem with those stats, is it involves men. Men have a greater chance to have STD, because they are more likely to have more partners in general. When you get two men together............. you do the math. It has nothing to do with them being gay, and everything to do with them being men and human nature.

Forum List

Back