Gay Teacher Promotes Homosexuality to Little 3rd Graders, Says He Didn’t Care What Parents Thought

Did you even read the article? The gay teacher was all over the place,there was an effeminate kid in the class room,there was bullying,he remembered being bullied because he was black and a homo.
Sounds to me like he jumped at the opportunity to spread the gay agenda to a bunch of third graders...whatever the truth might be.

Feel free to quote from the article- nothing about an effeminate kid- nor that the teacher read the book because he is gay. You just made it up.

That decision in April ignited a public outcry from some parents in the rural hamlet of Efland, North Carolina, resulting in Currie's resignation this week from a job he loved. The assistant principal who loaned Currie her copy of "King & King" has also resigned, and outraged parents are pressuring administrators at the Orange County Schools to ban the book.

"When I read the story, the reaction of parents didn't come into my mind," Currie, 25, said Tuesday. "In that moment, it just seemed natural to me to read the book and have a conversation about treating people with respect. My focus then was on the child, and helping the child."

Currie knows firsthand what it is like to be bullied. Growing up gay and black in a small town in the eastern part of the state, his memories of middle school are of being a frequent target for teasing and slurs.

As a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Currie entered a teaching fellows program with the intent of helping young people. He was first introduced to "King & King" during an education course that included strategies for introducing topics involving diversity in the classroom.

After graduation, Currie became a teacher at nearby Efland-Cheeks Elementary School. Though only about 15 miles west of Chapel Hill, a college town considered among the most liberal enclaves in the state, Efland is a socially conservative community of about 750 people where churches line the highway through town.

Within hours after reading the book to his students, Currie said he got a call from the school's principal requesting a meeting in her office for the following morning. The parents of three children soon filed written complaints to a school review committee, which twice upheld the use of the book after heated public meetings. But the school's principal also issued a new directive that teachers must submit an advance list of all books they intend to read with students to their parents.

"King & King" has been a subject of controversy before. In 2006, the parents of a Massachusetts second-grader sued after the book was read in their child's class. A federal judge later ruled against them, saying the rights of parents to exercise their religious and moral beliefs are not violated when children are exposed to differing ideas in public school.

In his two years at Efland elementary, Currie said his sexual orientation had never been an issue. His co-workers, and some parents, knew he lives with his male partner.

But at the committee meetings to discuss Currie's use of the book, some parents whose children were not in his class made their attacks personal, telling him he would die young and spend eternity in hell. He also began receiving hate-filled letters and emails, including one copied to other teachers at the school, described homosexuality as a "birth defect" while accusing Currie of trying to "indoctrinate" children through "psycho-emotional rape."

Was it the spelling that threw you off. Just so you know "effeminate" and "feminine" mean the same thing.

"Currie said that he was inspired to teach the little kids about two men “hooking up” because a boy in his class acted a little "feminine".

Until you learn some reading comprehension I'm going to ignore you.

Note they didn't use quotation marks about Currie saying this.

Since I am used to Conservatives posting BS, I went to the article that Vigilante posted- which is this article
thepcmdgazette.com ^ | july 8, 2015

Then- in that article- I went to the actual news article that they got their information from.

The PCM Gazette lied.

They lied about the teacher saying the boy acted a little 'feminine' and they lied when they said the book was about 'hooking up'

The PCM Gazette posted the link to the article that they got their info from- and then lied about what the article said.

And you never bothered to check.

Because you believe any Conservative crap thrown your way.

So he did read a homo fairy tale for no other reason than he's a homo himself?
Make up your fucking mind..

So you are just making up crap again.

You're the one who keeps changing the story.
Fact of he matter is he shouldnt have been reading homo fairy tales to em period.

Feel free to quote from the article- nothing about an effeminate kid- nor that the teacher read the book because he is gay. You just made it up.

That decision in April ignited a public outcry from some parents in the rural hamlet of Efland, North Carolina, resulting in Currie's resignation this week from a job he loved. The assistant principal who loaned Currie her copy of "King & King" has also resigned, and outraged parents are pressuring administrators at the Orange County Schools to ban the book.

"When I read the story, the reaction of parents didn't come into my mind," Currie, 25, said Tuesday. "In that moment, it just seemed natural to me to read the book and have a conversation about treating people with respect. My focus then was on the child, and helping the child."

Currie knows firsthand what it is like to be bullied. Growing up gay and black in a small town in the eastern part of the state, his memories of middle school are of being a frequent target for teasing and slurs.

As a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Currie entered a teaching fellows program with the intent of helping young people. He was first introduced to "King & King" during an education course that included strategies for introducing topics involving diversity in the classroom.

After graduation, Currie became a teacher at nearby Efland-Cheeks Elementary School. Though only about 15 miles west of Chapel Hill, a college town considered among the most liberal enclaves in the state, Efland is a socially conservative community of about 750 people where churches line the highway through town.

Within hours after reading the book to his students, Currie said he got a call from the school's principal requesting a meeting in her office for the following morning. The parents of three children soon filed written complaints to a school review committee, which twice upheld the use of the book after heated public meetings. But the school's principal also issued a new directive that teachers must submit an advance list of all books they intend to read with students to their parents.

"King & King" has been a subject of controversy before. In 2006, the parents of a Massachusetts second-grader sued after the book was read in their child's class. A federal judge later ruled against them, saying the rights of parents to exercise their religious and moral beliefs are not violated when children are exposed to differing ideas in public school.

In his two years at Efland elementary, Currie said his sexual orientation had never been an issue. His co-workers, and some parents, knew he lives with his male partner.

But at the committee meetings to discuss Currie's use of the book, some parents whose children were not in his class made their attacks personal, telling him he would die young and spend eternity in hell. He also began receiving hate-filled letters and emails, including one copied to other teachers at the school, described homosexuality as a "birth defect" while accusing Currie of trying to "indoctrinate" children through "psycho-emotional rape."

Was it the spelling that threw you off. Just so you know "effeminate" and "feminine" mean the same thing.

"Currie said that he was inspired to teach the little kids about two men “hooking up” because a boy in his class acted a little "feminine".

Since I am used to Conservatives posting BS, I went to the article that Vigilante posted- which is this article

Then- in that article- I went to the actual news article that they got their information from.

The PCM Gazette lied.

They lied about the teacher saying the boy acted a little 'feminine' and they lied when they said the book was about 'hooking up'

The PCM Gazette posted the link to the article that they got their info from- and then lied about what the article said.

Fact of he matter is he shouldnt have been reading homo fairy tales to em period.

Fact is you just keep making crap up- but this time its only your opinion.

We've OPENED the door, now the REAL PERVERSION will pour through! Thanks SCOTUS for fucking up our decades old culture!

A North Carolina elementary school teacher has resigned after his decision to read a gay-themed children’s book to his third-grade class led to controversy in the small town of Efland. Omar Currie said he read his students the book “King and King,” a fairy tale about two princes having a “love” encounter, after he perceived negative gay stereotyping in his class. Currie said that he was inspired to teach the little kids about two men “hooking up” because a boy in his class acted a little feminine. “When I read the story, the reaction of parents didn’t come into my mind,”Currie, 25, said...

If his 3rd graders usually got relationship-oriented stories or lessons, it's prejudicial to exclude homosexual versions. If they don't get that sort of thing it was inappropriate. See the nip it in the bud arguement, but it isn't time for that in our culture.

The PCM Gazette lied.

So you condone homos indoctrinating 3rd graders?
Thats all I really need to know.

The PCM Gazette lied.

Why is it important to you that the teacher is a homosexual?

You really need to know lots of stuff- but I suspect that you never will.

So yet again you condone homos teaching 3rd graders about being homos.
Thats enough to get your teeth kicked in...ya fucken homo.

And you condone teaching 3rd graders to be homophobic bullies. Which is worse?

Neither is acceptable you idiot bodecca

Here's a snippet or two from the OP link:

The thought that the child just acted feminine could have just stayed as it is. A thought. Some kids act different than others. But this teacher overstepped his bounds and pushed an idea into the under-aged child’s mind. Some could call it “turning out” the child and other impressionable children in the class...the school’s principal also issued a new directive that teachers must submit an advance list of all books they intend to read with students to their parents.....Currie has resigned from Efland-Cheeks Elementary School “because he felt administrators did not support his decision to influence little impressionable children” with homosexual propaganda....

How many of you are ok with "Beauty and the Beast"? Beastiality ok?

I see you are not familiar with the story. A romance between a girl and a cursed man has little connection with the act of fucking goats and sheep.

And liberals say being a homo isnt a mental illness.
Fuck you, homosexuality is not a illness, people like you are the reason the LGBT community continually struggles.

You go ahead and try and teach my kids the homo lifestyle....i'll make you so ill you'll wish you were dead.
And thats a promise.
You make sure your kids are bigots, you're harming them more then acceptance of other human beings "harms" them.

And you condone teaching 3rd graders to be homophobic bullies. Which is worse?

Keep your homo opinions to yourself and you have nothing to worry about.

You make sure your kids are bigots, you're harming them more then acceptance of other human beings "harms" them.

Tolerance is required for civilization, but all things are not by default accepted, or acceptable.

And liberals say being a homo isnt a mental illness.
Fuck you, homosexuality is not a illness, people like you are the reason the LGBT community continually struggles.

You go ahead and try and teach my kids the homo lifestyle....i'll make you so ill you'll wish you were dead.
And thats a promise.

Fuck off you faggot. You try and influence my kid to be a homo and i'll kill you with zero compunction.

Forum List

Back