Gay statists strike again...you will submit!!!!

Who said anything about going out of business? If you don't want to rent your home, don't include it in the business model. The could remodel the inside of a barn for reception, they could limit events to outside only and errect tents if weather will be bad.

No one said they would be "put out of business".

>>>>

or gay people can man the fuck up and stop trying to get people to accept their lifestyle and just tolerate it.

none of these things are public accommodations. Public accommodation is when you walk into a store to buy something, or stay at a hotel, or get on a mode of transport. A small business that is contracted out on a per use basis is not publicly accommodating anything.

What truly galls me is that this wasn't an outright denial, but a condition and still these assholes sued these people because their FEEEWINGS were hurt.

Just like the bakers and photographers...they could have gone somewhere else...but as long as there is one person who does not agree with their lifestyle on religious grounds...they will not stop...and they will punish them....like us or pay the consequences...

Either we have equal rights for all in this country or we should quit saying we do. Whether it's gays, blacks, women, or some religious group if you get turned away because of who you are, what you are, or how you worship you're gonna raise a stink about it. And rightly so.

Either we have equal rights for all in this country or we should quit saying we do. Whether it's gays, blacks, women, or some religious group if you get turned away because of who you are, what you are, or how you worship you're gonna raise a stink about it. And rightly so.

The government, and companies that do business with the government should be equal in all matters. People, especially people who provide services that are not necessities, and are contracted out should be able to refuse anyone they want to. The state is basically enforcing morality here, and its a morality that isn't agreed upon with an overriding majority.

The only resulting harm to the aggrieved parties is having to find another place to patronize and their feewings being injured. This isn't the South before the 60's where whole towns were divided, where separate was 100% unequal, and where government was enforcing the separation.

or gay people can man the fuck up and stop trying to get people to accept their lifestyle and just tolerate it.

none of these things are public accommodations. Public accommodation is when you walk into a store to buy something, or stay at a hotel, or get on a mode of transport. A small business that is contracted out on a per use basis is not publicly accommodating anything.

What truly galls me is that this wasn't an outright denial, but a condition and still these assholes sued these people because their FEEEWINGS were hurt.

Um...they were not sued. Nice try.

Um...they were not sued. Nice try.

The petitioned the commission, and they are getting compensated, That's suing, and the use of semantics does nothing to hide that fact.

They got the State to sue FOR them, which is even worse.

The government, and companies that do business with the government should be equal in all matters. People, especially people who provide services that are not necessities, and are contracted out should be able to refuse anyone they want to. The state is basically enforcing morality here, and its a morality that isn't agreed upon with an overriding majority.

The only resulting harm to the aggrieved parties is having to find another place to patronize and their feewings being injured. This isn't the South before the 60's where whole towns were divided, where separate was 100% unequal, and where government was enforcing the separation.

Let's use me as an example. I'm a private citizen, not a business owner of any sort. Two or three times every week I bake cookies and cupcakes for the apt community (we're a round building and facing inwards my unit and everyone else's feels very much like an enclosed micro-community with all the rec stuff on the interior like pool, tennis courts, etc.) I try to give em out to everyone who wants one, and have never said no if asked for one. But I don't offer them to everyone. Some people don't need any more cookies or cupcakes shall we say. :) But because I'm not selling them, nor operating a home-run business I can offer them or withhold them at will. I'd never say no though even to fat people (they know they're fat, it's their call.) But I"m fully within my rights to do so.

But if I ran a business, had a business license, was subject to health inspections and codes and laws, I'd expect to be fully under obligation to sell them to everyone regardless. If part of this business was a store I wouldn't be able to refuse service to people I didn't like if doing so violated their civil rights. As it is though, here in Missouri there are no equal rights for LGBT so presumedly I could. But if a state has such equality then you can't. Without looking I'm gonna assume New York state has such equality. So if you're running an actual business, your services or goods or accomodations must be available for everyone, simple as that. You want the tax breaks and all that goodies that goes with owening a legal business you gotta play by the state's rules.

The petitioned the commission, and they are getting compensated, That's suing, and the use of semantics does nothing to hide that fact.

They got the State to sue FOR them, which is even worse.
Nope....they were fined for breaking a state law. The couple did not sue them....they reported them. Do you have a problem with someone reporting a law being broken?

Nope....they were fined for breaking a state law. The couple did not sue them....they reported them. Do you have a problem with someone reporting a law being broken?

Its the same thing and you know it. They could have been gracious and just went somewhere else, but again, you want acceptance not tolerance.

Let's use me as an example. I'm a private citizen, not a business owner of any sort. Two or three times every week I bake cookies and cupcakes for the apt community (we're a round building and facing inwards my unit and everyone else's feels very much like an enclosed micro-community with all the rec stuff on the interior like pool, tennis courts, etc.) I try to give em out to everyone who wants one, and have never said no if asked for one. But I don't offer them to everyone. Some people don't need any more cookies or cupcakes shall we say. :) But because I'm not selling them, nor operating a home-run business I can offer them or withhold them at will. I'd never say no though even to fat people (they know they're fat, it's their call.) But I"m fully within my rights to do so.

But if I ran a business, had a business license, was subject to health inspections and codes and laws, I'd expect to be fully under obligation to sell them to everyone regardless. If part of this business was a store I wouldn't be able to refuse service to people I didn't like if doing so violated their civil rights. As it is though, here in Missouri there are no equal rights for LGBT so presumedly I could. But if a state has such equality then you can't. Without looking I'm gonna assume New York state has such equality. So if you're running an actual business, your services or goods or accomodations must be available for everyone, simple as that. You want the tax breaks and all that goodies that goes with owening a legal business you gotta play by the state's rules.

This boils down to:

Vee haff vays of making you comply!!!! SHUUUULTTTZ!!!!!

Again, unless the government is involved, people shouldn't be forced to accommodate anyone they don't want to. The only caveat I would add is they have to state this up front or in their advertising. Let the market settle it, not the government.

Since when is a publicly advertised wedding venue not "public"?

Its the same thing and you know it. They could have been gracious and just went somewhere else, but again, you want acceptance not tolerance.

No it is not the same thing. If the couple sued...they get a lawyer and they go to civil court. In this case, they went to the state and reported that a business was breaking a business law. Then it was up to the state to deal with it....which the state did. So there is proof right there that a law was broken. You don't have a problem with laws being broken?

This boils down to:

Vee haff vays of making you comply!!!! SHUUUULTTTZ!!!!!

Again, unless the government is involved, people shouldn't be forced to accommodate anyone they don't want to. The only caveat I would add is they have to state this up front or in their advertising. Let the market settle it, not the government.
What have you done to eliminate public accomodation laws? Besides whining, that is.

From their website:

Do you need help planning your wedding? We have taken the leg work out of the planning process. Let us relieve the stress of arranging your wedding day. Choose the venue, catering package and floral option, right here on the farm with one of our wedding coordinators

Our experienced team is ready to help you create a memorable experience for both you and your guests. Call XXX-XXX-XXXX to reserve your date now, or contact us.

Still wanna claim this isn't a "public business"?

Since when is a publicly advertised wedding venue not "public"?

Can you just walk in, or do you need an invitation to attend?

A grocery store is a public accommodation, a hotel is a public accommodation, someone offering services on their property under contract, or their own services under contract is a public accommodation only in the minds of people who want to use government to gain forced acceptance.

Can you just walk in, or do you need an invitation to attend?

A grocery store is a public accommodation, a hotel is a public accommodation, someone offering services on their property under contract, or their own services under contract is a public accommodation only in the minds of people who want to use government to gain forced acceptance.

if you hold yourself open to the public, then you are public.

From their website:

Still wanna claim this isn't a "public business"?

by your definition any business is a public one. The laws were intended to prevent discrimination in access to necessary services, not to force people to participate in social events like weddings against their will.

Forum List

Back