Gay statists strike again...you will submit!!!!

They should, but marriage only applies to one man and one woman. Simple, biologically correct, and historically accurate.

I want you and your partner to have the same rights and priviledges as a married man and woman. But your union is not a marriage no matter how many times you try to make that claim.

Must be something in the constitution that I overlooked....

Nope, gay marriage is not in it anywhere. Neither are gay rights, bigamy, polygamy, or anal sex. Maybe you should start a campaign to add those things to the bill or rights. :finger3:
Straight marriage isn't there either. Guess straight people aren't "REALLY" married after all. :D

That's why Windsor Declared that the definition of marriage has always been up to the discreet communities of the states, and not the fed.

No. That's not why the Court in Windsor declared that, Silhouette. First, it's not true. Second, it could never be true. Third, whether the intent of the Court is to stop the advance of the "homo-marriage" agenda as you assert or not, in a rather convoluted manner, it sure went about that in a funny way by opening the door to the illegitimacy of government redefining marriage in the first place and by striking down Section Three of DOMA that had stood for more than a decade and, accordingly, had underscored the federal government's preeminent role in upholding the underlying principle of liberty. The federal government is the only entity that can universally uphold the natural law of this nation's founding. The only reason that many of you cannot follow me on this is because you do not have an adequate background in the sociopolitical ethos of your nation's founding and, therefore, a sufficient grasp on the realities regarding the prerequisites of limited republican government that can withstand the destructive assaults of judicial oligarchy or of the mobocracy of majoritarianism.

God have mercy.

The Revolutionary Founders of America and the subsequent Framers of the Constitution would be appalled by the notion that (1) government at any level of the Republic would attempt to redefine marriage, as no government can legitimately do that, by the notion that (2) the states regulatory power over marriage was synonymous with the power to redefine marriage and by the notion that (3) the states had the power to then impose that redefinition on the federal government of all the people in terms of federal laws, programs and benefits, even if, as you contend, Silhouette, this means that other states cannot tell other states what their marital laws will be with regard to sexual orientation.

I apologize for the difficult reading in the above post upon first posting. Apparently, the forum doesn't like [ s ] with no spaces sometimes as it through lines in my text the first time below it. Just so you know, prohibits should be prohibit[ s ] in the quote from Pac. Gas & Elec. Co. v. Pub. Utilities Commission in the above. It took several minutes to fix by copying and pasting those portions into my Google search box and back again, rather than retyping it all again. It's legible now, World Watcher. Hope the post in the above answers your concern.

And through should be threw. LOL!

FYI - for 90 minutes after a post we have edit capability. The "Edit" link appears on the left side now below you Avatar/Information box next to the "Report" link.

>>>>

I apologize for the difficult reading in the above post upon first posting. Apparently, the forum doesn't like [ s ] with no spaces sometimes as it through lines in my text the first time below it. Just so you know, prohibits should be prohibit[ s ] in the quote from Pac. Gas & Elec. Co. v. Pub. Utilities Commission in the above. It took several minutes to fix by copying and pasting those portions into my Google search box and back again, rather than retyping it all again. It's legible now, World Watcher. Hope the post in the above answers your concern.

And through should be threw. LOL!

FYI - for 90 minutes after a post we have edit capability. The "Edit" link appears on the left side now below you Avatar/Information box next to the "Report" link.

>>>>

I know that. I just happened to see that after 90.

Forum List

Back