Gay Gene Found?

So because you willingly made a choice to be gay you are angry that someone tricked you into believing being gay was not determined by some combination of genes and or factors outside your control?

No, I am disgusted that people would demean my personal choices by insisting that I didn't have a choice. All my choices were mine, even the bad ones, and they all make me who I am.

Some things you do not have a choice in. You may have made a choice to practise being homosexual but even if you engaged in a heterosexual lifestyle you would still be gay. For example you had no choice in being whatever ethnicity you are but you can run around and claim you are something else. See how easy your logic is debunked?

Newsflash, oh ass priest who believes in a science that doesn't exist in the real world, my ethnicity is my choice. Ethnic means pertaining to or characteristic of a people, especially a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like. You might not chose those things, but everyone else on the planet is free to do so, within certain parameters, which explains why some people actually identify themselves as being Klingon.

But, please, keep educating me in how stupid and ignorant it is possible for someone who follows science to be.

My background is in engineering. I definitely believe in science. What makes you think Black people were born on Mars?

If you believe in science you should be able to explain why you think that it is still impossible to build the pyramids today and that somehow proves that Atlantis is real.

Who told you that one? Is this your attempt to avoid refuting by smashing of your choice theory? :lol:

Its not working clown.

That was you, until I proved that you were wrong using real science, then you tried to pretend someone hacked your account.

No, I am disgusted that people would demean my personal choices by insisting that I didn't have a choice. All my choices were mine, even the bad ones, and they all make me who I am.

Some things you do not have a choice in. You may have made a choice to practise being homosexual but even if you engaged in a heterosexual lifestyle you would still be gay. For example you had no choice in being whatever ethnicity you are but you can run around and claim you are something else. See how easy your logic is debunked?

Newsflash, oh ass priest who believes in a science that doesn't exist in the real world, my ethnicity is my choice. Ethnic means pertaining to or characteristic of a people, especially a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like. You might not chose those things, but everyone else on the planet is free to do so, within certain parameters, which explains why some people actually identify themselves as being Klingon.

But, please, keep educating me in how stupid and ignorant it is possible for someone who follows science to be.

From your link dumbass :lol:

ethnic or ethnical (ˈɛθnɪk)

— adj
1. relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common

You are not free to choose your "race". It is determined genetically. Goddamn you are a simpleton!

Last edited:
If you believe in science you should be able to explain why you think that it is still impossible to build the pyramids today and that somehow proves that Atlantis is real.

Who told you that one? Is this your attempt to avoid refuting by smashing of your choice theory? :lol:

Its not working clown.

That was you, until I proved that you were wrong using real science, then you tried to pretend someone hacked your account.

Your diversionary tactics are simply puerile. You only proved you are dishonest and desperate as show above. :lol:

From your link dumbass :lol:

ethnic or ethnical (ˈɛθnɪk)

— adj
1. relating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common
You are not free to choose your "race". It is determined genetically. Goddamn you are a simpleton!

From your post, oh he of everlasting stupidity.

elating to or characteristic of a human group having racial, religious, linguistic, and certain other traits in common

Its not working clown.

Your diversionary tactics are simply puerile. You only proved you are dishonest and desperate as show above. :lol:

Are you claiming now that your account wasn't hacked? Because I can show you the thread were you tried to tell me that, even using modern techniques, it is impossible to build the pyramids, and that proved that the blacks had a advanced civilization that spanned the world, but left absolutely no evidence behind.

I get it now, you aren't saying they came from Mars, you are saying they moved there. Did I get it right? Or was it Venus?

Are you claiming now that your account wasn't hacked? Because I can show you the thread were you tried to tell me that, even using modern techniques, it is impossible to build the pyramids, and that proved that the blacks had a advanced civilization that spanned the world, but left absolutely no evidence behind.

I get it now, you aren't saying they came from Mars, you are saying they moved there. Did I get it right? Or was it Venus?

Please stop trying to take the focus off your retarded blunder. Your desperation is hilarious. You are making me laugh. :lol: You talk about science and you totally ignore you cant chose your "race"? Your kind of stupidity deserves a medal.:rofl:

Last edited:
there is no gay gene.

The fear exhibited by you and others on the right that homosexuality might be genetically predetermined is palpable and telling, as you perceive such evidence as destroying your last, desperate attempts to deny gay Americans their civil liberties.

But fear not, rightists, whether one is gay as a consequence of genetics or choice is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant, the Fifth Amendment’s Liberty Clause guarantees every citizen the right to self-determination, to make decisions concerning his personal life free from interference by the state.

Negged for being stupid enough to post this crap.

Unless your one of those dumb fucks that thinks homosexuality is a choice, then you have to admit that people are born that way. If youre born that way, then its clearly biological. If its biological, then why cant it be gene related? What is your fucking problem? Dont be an asshole.

Ok, so you are obviously CONVINCED that it isnt gene related, so tell us, if its not in the genes, what is it? You better have a fucking answer or ill neg YOU.

Feel free to neg me for not having every answer in the universe. Unlike you, I have never claimed to know everything, or to never be wrong. All I can do is examine the evidence and form a rational conclusion based on that evidence. Until you, personally, can explain how sexual preference is genetic and also explain the fact that monozygotic twins can have different hardwired responses you have no business demanding I come up with explanations for anything.

Everything everyone does is a choice, the fact that you don't accept that does not make me stupid. Especially when I can cite conclusive scientific proof that backs my position up, and all you can do is point to anecdotal evidence.

Youre talking shit and neg repping people for thinking homosexuality might be genetic. Youre being an asshole. You say you dont have the answer? Then why the fuck are you so god damn sure it isnt gentic?

I fully support gay marriage and I stand behind the gay community 100%, but dont tell me sexuality is a choice. I would literally rather take a bullet to the head than have gay sex. The thought of it makes me cringe. It has that effect on hetrosexuals. I cant suddenly decide to be sexually attracted to men. Its impossible. It isnt a choice.

Last edited:
Scientists have found evidence to support the existence of a male genome which may influence homosexuality.

Dr Michael Bailey, from Northwestern University, studied*400 sets of twins to determine if some men are genetically inclined to be gay.

Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

Interesting.

Link didn't go to article. Script issue maybe. This did though:
Gay Gene Discovery Suggests Sexual Orientation Not a Choice

"While the findings revealed genetics accounted for around 30% to 40% of a man's sexuality, the rest was based on social and environmental factors."

'Genes influence,' like I've figured all along. No gene is going to override will and make you go either way.

It's interesting stuff, but even if genes influenced us 51% or more, every step we take is ultimately the result of choice. Sex is about pleasure, and if ya close your eyes, males or females feel exactly the same (well ok, two-thirds the same...) :) But the preference we may exhibit is entirely psychological, not tactile.

Gay Gene Discovery Suggests Sexual Orientation Not a Choice

"While the findings revealed genetics accounted for around 30% to 40% of a man's sexuality, the rest was based on social and environmental factors."

What I now wonder is is homophobia genetic? You'd think, that just as bigotry is often learned in the home, so would homophobia. But many animals including humans have pre-set evolutionary fears to certain things. Watching America's Funniest Home Videos the other day, one clip showed a toddler crying in response to its own shadow. Surely that couldn't have been a learned response? And other fears from our tree-dwelling ancestral history has us all fairly fearful of snakes and spiders. So could fear or aversion to same-sex sexuality and our biological imperative to reproduce be something natural as well?

So now we have more evidence that being gay is completely natural. This is a good thing.

Its pretty stupid to believe being Gay has nothing to do with genes and bio-chemistry.

Last edited:
To be gay is just that. Whether it's genetic, partially genetic, or just choice, it is what it is. Though I am somewhat on the conservative side one's sexual orientation, even if it's just their S.O. du jour, is their business until they start messing in my business.

To be angry over being gay and dumping that anger on others?

Now that suggests a psychiatric issue that might actually be treatable.

Read up, my scientifically deficient friends.

KNOXVILLE – Epigenetics - how gene expression is regulated by temporary switches, called epi-marks - appears to be a critical and overlooked factor contributing to the long-standing puzzle of why homosexuality occurs.

According to the study, published online today in The Quarterly Review of Biology, sex-specific epi-marks, which normally do not pass between generations and are thus "erased," can lead to homosexuality when they escape erasure and are transmitted from father to daughter or mother to son.

From an evolutionary standpoint, homosexuality is a trait that would not be expected to develop and persist in the face of Darwinian natural selection. Homosexuality is nevertheless common for men and women in most cultures. Previous studies have shown that homosexuality runs in families, leading most researchers to presume a genetic underpinning of sexual preference. However, no major gene for homosexuality has been found despite numerous studies searching for a genetic connection.

In the current study, researchers from the Working Group on Intragenomic Conflict at the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS) integrated evolutionary theory with recent advances in the molecular regulation of gene expression and androgen-dependent sexual development to produce a biological and mathematical model that delineates the role of epigenetics in homosexuality.

Study Finds Epigenetics, Not Genetics, Underlies Homosexuality

And do you know what that means, kids? Homosexuality is not a natural part of human evolution, nor is it genetic.

The NIMBioS study only involves mathematical studies, not genetic or biological.

So because you willingly made a choice to be gay you are angry that someone tricked you into believing being gay was not determined by some combination of genes and or factors outside your control?

So you choose to hang out around public restrooms and stick your weenie through glory holes rather than accept your fabulousness?

Forum List

Back