“Gay” cowboy BANNED by the USDA

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
The left has opened Pandora's Box with this political correct BS. This is past insane

“Gay” cowboy BANNED by the USDA.

Ok, so just in case you were having ANY doubt that political correctness and the liberal agenda have truly reached outrageous levels of insanity in our nation, we present this story.

Ready?

A Georgia cattle rancher’s application for a special interstate transport license was turned down by the U.S. Department of Agriculture because his address contained “a banned word.”

The banned word was the name of his city: GAY.

According to Fox 5 Atlanta, “earlier this month, rancher Gene King applied for a special ID through the USDA called a Premises Number. That allows him to buy and sell cattle across state lines. He completed the form and called to check on his status.

“She said it’s kicking it out saying that’s an offensive word and won’t accept your application,” King said.

What could be so offensive? The holdup, according to a government email about Gene’s application: “city contains a banned word.”

The USDA emailed back with a work-around. Change Gene’s hometown on the application from Gay… to Bay.

In a statement, the USDA said they created a database of words with “bad connotations” because they worried people would try to sabotage an earlier animal ID registration system. That was in 2004. They promise a future upgrade will ensure that “this will no longer be an issue.”

"Gay" cowboy BANNED by the USDA. - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Next thing ya know, I wont' be able to watch some of my favorite movies, unless I acquire them from underground sources...

The Gay Falcon,
(Watched it last night)

The Gay Divorcee

The Gay Nineties
(and I so love Abbot and Costello movies)

The Gay Caballero
(kind of fitting, the lead actually was gay)

Zorro, the Gay Blade

The Gay Sisters

Woe is me....

Ridiculous at its finest, and symptomatic of the very essence of our fed govt.

I think the most idtoic aspect of this story is that you need a permit from the government to buy and sell cattle across state lines.

From the article:
"The premises identification allocator was originally developed in the early 2000s for the National Animal Identification System, using the technology available at the time. The program was very contentious and IT developers were concerned about the possibility of people attempting to create “bad” premises IDs to prove there was a problem with the program or its IT systems. They created a database of words with bad connotations that would not be allowed in the system."

USDA Bans Gay, Georgia

I would love to see what other words are on this list. lol

Marvin GAYe! Oh noesssss!!!!1!!!!!

I think the most idtoic aspect of this story is that you need a permit from the government to buy and sell cattle across state lines.

From the article:
"The premises identification allocator was originally developed in the early 2000s for the National Animal Identification System, using the technology available at the time. The program was very contentious and IT developers were concerned about the possibility of people attempting to create “bad” premises IDs to prove there was a problem with the program or its IT systems. They created a database of words with bad connotations that would not be allowed in the system."

USDA Bans Gay, Georgia

May go back to the days of anthrax and other diseases spread by cattle being moved from their home range.

Next thing ya know, I wont' be able to watch some of my favorite movies, unless I acquire them from underground sources...

The Gay Falcon,
(Watched it last night)

The Gay Divorcee

The Gay Nineties

The Gay Caballero

Zorro, the Gay Blade

The Gay Sisters

Woe is me....

Ha -- watch this:

Can someone explain the major issue here....

A piece of software has a small bug... This is not even considered a mjor bug.

From the article:

USDA Bans Gay, Georgia

May go back to the days of anthrax and other diseases spread by cattle being moved from their home range.

I'll need to do a little more homework about this program but I have a sneaking suspicion that this is just another bullshit layer of bureaucratic nonsense.

What the OP neglects to mention, of course, is that the application was eventually processed as Gay, Georgia and that the program that caused the initial rejection is currently under revision to eliminate such occurrences in the future.

IOW, more RWnut hysteria about nothing.

Can someone explain the major issue here....

A piece of software has a small bug... This is not even considered a mjor bug.

That's all it is. But it's Allan West. He's still pissed about losing and is desperate for attention.

The Gay Falcon,
(Watched it last night)

The Gay Divorcee

The Gay Nineties

The Gay Caballero

Zorro, the Gay Blade

The Gay Sisters

Woe is me....

Ha -- watch this:

I remember Gaylord.

One of my cousins had one.

Forum List

Back