Gay conversion therapy ... is it any different than "White Male privilege"

I would like to understand why "gay conversion therapy" is wrong
'Boy Erased' steps up battle against gay conversion therapy
... while college courses are training people that "White Males" are a problem.
Sensitivity training - Wikipedia
Fighting My White Male Privilegeā€”A Confession
Addressing white male privilege strengthens anti-oppressive practicesā€”I hope

So it is wrong to re-educate a person who primarily acts gay because of behavior and not because there is a "gay gene" and training people that "White males" are inherently intolerant, racists, and misogynists?

What is the difference?
This OP literally made me laugh out loud. How clueless and out of touch some people are really does blow my mind, but Iā€™ll give a serious and honest response a shot.

White privilege describes the result of how our culture has evolved over centuries of history. Slavery was real, Jim Crow was real, segregation and oppression were real, these things over generations had an impact on the education, wealth, and prosperity of generations of black people. Weā€™ve made great progress over the past several decades, that should be acknowledged, but we still have a ways to go.

Now for conversion therapy... our society has, for generations, taught and promoted heterosexuality. In fact I donā€™t know of any societies pre-twenty first century that has openly accepted homosexuality in all of human history. Guess what, it hasnā€™t worked, gay people have always existed and will continue to exist because thatā€™s how they are born. Conversion therapy has been abused by parents who try and force their children to be something other than they are. It shames people and makes them feel alienated. There is a reason why the suicide rate is so high amongst the LBGT community and CT is amongst the thought process that has contributed to that. Plus the fact that it goes directly against the American Value of Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Bottom line is, White privilege and Conversion Therapy are polar opposites to compare. One is historical and deals with racism and inequalities in our society while the other is shaming and trying to force a people to change who they are attracted to. Both WP and CT are products of hate and bigotry so I guess you found a link there.

You use that old "I've got to be" gene excuse when you wrote:"how they are born"

Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth? - Born Gay? - ProCon.org

And surprisingly I believe there is. But it is NOT the dominant reason there are now a higher percent of gays than there were 100s of years ago.
Society has accepted gay behavior. And in reality most men don't really care who they climax with because it is the climax and not the partner!
So consequently having sex with another man is much more societally accepted and therefore men who would have been frustrated sexually are
finding relief now. Which again proves it is NOT genetically driving but simple availability.

Now as for women.... a pregnancy has much more complications than for a man obviously.
So again women have historically been more monogamously oriented and women historically depended on males.
But with today economic freedoms for women...hey there is no need for men and the risks of getting pregnant.

Hence the growth of homosexuality and lesbianism.

Both of which are LEARNED behavior and again in most cases NOT genetically driven.
Some will dispute that but the very premise of how your genes get passed on i.e. your only link to immortality is by heterosexual activities.
As a result it is proven that a " I've gotta be me" gene has that inherent brake on being passed on. Sex with the same sex sure doesn't promote births!
What a idiot! :laugh:

Anyone with a brain can figure out that being gay is genetically determined and the product of nature creating a natural birth control system.

The important thing to note about GCT is that is always VOLUNTARILY, and requested by the subject. NOBODY imposes GCT on anyone.

Our society is FULL of people who have sexual attraction to inappropriate object-people. There are men who are attracted to little girls and/or boys, but NEVER act on that attraction because they have trained themselves to control their desires. There are men who would LOVE to fuck "their neighbor's wife," and occasionally the wife is willing, but it doesn't happen because the men and women control their animal impulses for the good of themselves, their families and the overall society.

There is no God-given right to copulate with the object of your passion. Most of the time and for most of the male population, these desires and impulses are a constant in life, and yet we somehow manage to remain faithful husbands and "boyfriends."

If a "gay" person wants help in overcoming his natural desires so that he can live a more normal, conventional life, there is nothing wrong with that. The fact that those urges may never go away completely does not change the fact that the attempt is commendable and the result beneficial.

The Gay Community abhors GCT because they FEAR that it may be successful on occasion. They believe, as a matter of faith, that homosexuality is innate and not a "choice." If it is shown to be a choice in some instances, their whole argument goes up in smoke.

So it is wrong to re-educate a person who primarily acts gay because of behavior and not because there is a "gay gene" and training people that "White males" are inherently intolerant, racists, and misogynists?

What is the difference?
This OP literally made me laugh out loud. How clueless and out of touch some people are really does blow my mind, but Iā€™ll give a serious and honest response a shot.

White privilege describes the result of how our culture has evolved over centuries of history. Slavery was real, Jim Crow was real, segregation and oppression were real, these things over generations had an impact on the education, wealth, and prosperity of generations of black people. Weā€™ve made great progress over the past several decades, that should be acknowledged, but we still have a ways to go.

Now for conversion therapy... our society has, for generations, taught and promoted heterosexuality. In fact I donā€™t know of any societies pre-twenty first century that has openly accepted homosexuality in all of human history. Guess what, it hasnā€™t worked, gay people have always existed and will continue to exist because thatā€™s how they are born. Conversion therapy has been abused by parents who try and force their children to be something other than they are. It shames people and makes them feel alienated. There is a reason why the suicide rate is so high amongst the LBGT community and CT is amongst the thought process that has contributed to that. Plus the fact that it goes directly against the American Value of Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Bottom line is, White privilege and Conversion Therapy are polar opposites to compare. One is historical and deals with racism and inequalities in our society while the other is shaming and trying to force a people to change who they are attracted to. Both WP and CT are products of hate and bigotry so I guess you found a link there.

You use that old "I've got to be" gene excuse when you wrote:"how they are born"

And surprisingly I believe there is. But it is NOT the dominant reason there are now a higher percent of gays than there were 100s of years ago.
Society has accepted gay behavior. And in reality most men don't really care who they climax with because it is the climax and not the partner!
So consequently having sex with another man is much more societally accepted and therefore men who would have been frustrated sexually are
finding relief now. Which again proves it is NOT genetically driving but simple availability.

Now as for women.... a pregnancy has much more complications than for a man obviously.
So again women have historically been more monogamously oriented and women historically depended on males.
But with today economic freedoms for women...hey there is no need for men and the risks of getting pregnant.

Both of which are LEARNED behavior and again in most cases NOT genetically driven.
Some will dispute that but the very premise of how your genes get passed on i.e. your only link to immortality is by heterosexual activities.
As a result it is proven that a " I've gotta be me" gene has that inherent brake on being passed on. Sex with the same sex sure doesn't promote births!

Anyone with a brain can figure out that being gay is genetically determined and the product of nature creating a natural birth control system.
Apparently Healthmyth thinks that everything we like is determined by social engineering so if we donā€™t want gays then we can just eradicate them through therapy. I wonder then healthmyths do you also support Racism Conversion therapy? It seems like racism is more likely to be a product of social engineering, why not focus on fixing that issue?

The important thing to note about GCT is that is always VOLUNTARILY, and requested by the subject. NOBODY imposes GCT on anyone.

Our society is FULL of people who have sexual attraction to inappropriate object-people. There are men who are attracted to little girls and/or boys, but NEVER act on that attraction because they have trained themselves to control their desires. There are men who would LOVE to fuck "their neighbor's wife," and occasionally the wife is willing, but it doesn't happen because the men and women control their animal impulses for the good of themselves, their families and the overall society.

There is no God-given right to copulate with the object of your passion. Most of the time and for most of the male population, these desires and impulses are a constant in life, and yet we somehow manage to remain faithful husbands and "boyfriends."

If a "gay" person wants help in overcoming his natural desires so that he can live a more normal, conventional life, there is nothing wrong with that. The fact that those urges may never go away completely does not change the fact that the attempt is commendable and the result beneficial.

The Gay Community abhors GCT because they FEAR that it may be successful on occasion. They believe, as a matter of faith, that homosexuality is innate and not a "choice." If it is shown to be a choice in some instances, their whole argument goes up in smoke.

For another, less extreme example, how about the many women who go to counseling and therapy to learn to stop picking crappy men? Does anyone think a woman should continue being attracted to men who abuse her, or cheat on her, or whatever after she decides that's not what she wants in her life, simply because that's what she's attracted to?

If someone who is attracted to the same sex decides that that is not going to give them the life they want and make them happy - for WHATEVER reason - then what the hell business is it of anyone else to tell them they can't try to make their lives what they want them to be?

What is the difference?

Apparently Healthmyth thinks that everything we like is determined by social engineering so if we donā€™t want gays then we can just eradicate them through therapy. I wonder then healthmyths do you also support Racism Conversion therapy? It seems like racism is more likely to be a product of social engineering, why not focus on fixing that issue?

There IS racism conversion therapy and it's practice by idiots like you, thinking YOU are so superior to others and the best illustration is what is
happening in Fl with the black governor candidate. He is no more qualified then Obama was when he ran for President but idiots like you think
that just because the guy is black and deserves because he is black and MOST importantly so you won't appear "racist" to your other non-thinkers
you support people like that.
Even though there have been more qualified blacks i.e. Dr. Carson brain surgeon, Herman Caine entrepreneur that were treated with "uncle tomisms"
when they announced their interest but because they were conservatives you called them Uncle Toms... House n******... etc.
So please don't act so pompous about racism because of people like you that were so afraid that you'd be called "racist" we had a truly incompetent president under Obama.

I donā€™t care if people wish to piss away their money on junk science. Itā€™s none of my business.

What is the difference?

There IS racism conversion therapy and it's practice by idiots like you, thinking YOU are so superior to others and the best illustration is what is
happening in Fl with the black governor candidate. He is no more qualified then Obama was when he ran for President but idiots like you think
that just because the guy is black and deserves because he is black and MOST importantly so you won't appear "racist" to your other non-thinkers
you support people like that.
Even though there have been more qualified blacks i.e. Dr. Carson brain surgeon, Herman Caine entrepreneur that were treated with "uncle tomisms"
when they announced their interest but because they were conservatives you called them Uncle Toms... House n******... etc.
So please don't act so pompous about racism because of people like you that were so afraid that you'd be called "racist" we had a truly incompetent president under Obama.
Haha. You want gay conversion therapy but call those who practice racism conversion therapy idiots. Nice buddy

Forum List

Back