Gay conversion therapy ... is it any different than "White Male privilege"

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I would like to understand why "gay conversion therapy" is wrong
'Boy Erased' steps up battle against gay conversion therapy
... while college courses are training people that "White Males" are a problem.
Sensitivity training - Wikipedia
Fighting My White Male Privilegeā€”A Confession
Addressing white male privilege strengthens anti-oppressive practicesā€”I hope

So it is wrong to re-educate a person who primarily acts gay because of behavior and not because there is a "gay gene" and training people that "White males" are inherently intolerant, racists, and misogynists?

What is the difference?

So it is wrong to re-educate a person who primarily acts gay because of behavior and not because there is a "gay gene" and training people that "White males" are inherently intolerant, racists, and misogynists?

What is the difference?
Are these elective or selective college classes?

What is the difference?
It wasn't wrong for catholic priests and nuns to smack the hands of students who wrote with their left hands, was it?

What about gay white males?

What is the difference?

Does it matter? Liberal college systems are progressive practice institutions. By offering these classes they send the message the white man is evil, everyone else has free reign because they've been declared victims.

SMH what progressives are doing to our society. Anyone with a clear head recognizes this is consistent with Orwell's 1984. They're dumbing us down with their twist on reality and decorating everything as a demonstration of racial division.

What is the difference?

Is someone forcing homosexuals into gay conversion therapy at gunpoint? If so, shouldn't that be on the news? If not, then THAT is elective, as well, isn't it?

What is the difference?
Its totally different. From what I understand re-educating a gay person neglects the fact that sexual preference is the strongest drive on the planet and something someone is born with. Racist, intolerant, and misogynistic behavior is learned.

What is the difference?

Is someone forcing homosexuals into gay conversion therapy at gunpoint? If so, shouldn't that be on the news? If not, then THAT is elective, as well, isn't it?
You dont have to force anyone to do anything if you can control their mind and convince them that something is wrong with them. They will do it themselves. So yeah its elective but its only because they have been brainwashed by people around them.

What is the difference?

First of all the reader needs to understand the Human Genome, and below is a primer on the initial premise of this thread:

What do the new ā€˜gay genesā€™ tell us about sexual orientation?

What is the difference?

Q. What is the difference
A. One is environmental and the other biological.

What is the difference?
One will take this country into a Marxist/Communist direction where immoral actions are the new norms(men porking another man's butt) while the other, will bring even the lowest poverty stricken person through his God given gifts to excel in America which keeps people free from tyrannical government control...Which do you think the radical leftist will endorse?

My black friends and I have used white privilege to bring ourselves into the top 10% with our business practices, which employ others and help them out of liberal victimhood and poverty. We laugh at liberals who sit there complaining how unfair life is, because some Liberal took their chance at the Pursuit of Happiness away...

Gay Conversion Therapists Claim Most Patients Fully Straight By The Time They Commit Suicide
https://www.theonion.com/gay-conversion-therapists-claim-most-patients-fully-str-1819577679

:lol:
Yeah, like most liberals, once they find out their whole lives have been a lie, the homosexuals who have become so miserable with their immoral existence, finally kill themselves, as other mentally ill people do. Just natures way of removing sick people...

When Homosexuality Stopped Being a Mental Disorder
In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) asked all members attending its convention to vote on whether they believed homosexuality to be a mental disorder. 5,854 psychiatrists voted to remove homosexuality from the DSM, and 3,810 to retain it.

The APA then compromised, removing homosexuality from the DSM but replacing it, in effect, with "sexual orientation disturbance" for people "in conflict with" their sexual orientation. Not until 1987 did homosexuality completely fall out of the DSM.
If it wasn't for the elites of Hollywood, like Rock Hudson coming forward, then people like Barney Frankfurter eater wouldn't of pushed for such actions of the APA.

What is the difference?
This OP literally made me laugh out loud. How clueless and out of touch some people are really does blow my mind, but Iā€™ll give a serious and honest response a shot.

White privilege describes the result of how our culture has evolved over centuries of history. Slavery was real, Jim Crow was real, segregation and oppression were real, these things over generations had an impact on the education, wealth, and prosperity of generations of black people. Weā€™ve made great progress over the past several decades, that should be acknowledged, but we still have a ways to go.

Now for conversion therapy... our society has, for generations, taught and promoted heterosexuality. In fact I donā€™t know of any societies pre-twenty first century that has openly accepted homosexuality in all of human history. Guess what, it hasnā€™t worked, gay people have always existed and will continue to exist because thatā€™s how they are born. Conversion therapy has been abused by parents who try and force their children to be something other than they are. It shames people and makes them feel alienated. There is a reason why the suicide rate is so high amongst the LBGT community and CT is amongst the thought process that has contributed to that. Plus the fact that it goes directly against the American Value of Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Bottom line is, White privilege and Conversion Therapy are polar opposites to compare. One is historical and deals with racism and inequalities in our society while the other is shaming and trying to force a people to change who they are attracted to. Both WP and CT are products of hate and bigotry so I guess you found a link there.

What is the difference?
I neither support gay conversion therapy nor anyone who proclaims that all whites are devils.

You seem to be propounding a false dichotomy.

It's not news that there are retards at both ends of the socio-political spectrum.

Gay Conversion Therapists Claim Most Patients Fully Straight By The Time They Commit Suicide
https://www.theonion.com/gay-conversion-therapists-claim-most-patients-fully-str-1819577679

Yeah, like most liberals, once they find out their whole lives have been a lie, the homosexuals who have become so miserable with their immoral existence, finally kill themselves, as other mentally ill people do. Just natures way of removing sick people...

In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) asked all members attending its convention to vote on whether they believed homosexuality to be a mental disorder. 5,854 psychiatrists voted to remove homosexuality from the DSM, and 3,810 to retain it.

The APA then compromised, removing homosexuality from the DSM but replacing it, in effect, with "sexual orientation disturbance" for people "in conflict with" their sexual orientation. Not until 1987 did homosexuality completely fall out of the DSM.
If it wasn't for the elites of Hollywood, like Rock Hudson coming forward, then people like Barney Frankfurter eater wouldn't of pushed for such actions of the APA.

That's pretty rich coming from one of the most miserable twats on this forum. All you do is constantly piss and moan.

What is the difference?
This OP literally made me laugh out loud. How clueless and out of touch some people are really does blow my mind, but Iā€™ll give a serious and honest response a shot.

White privilege describes the result of how our culture has evolved over centuries of history. Slavery was real, Jim Crow was real, segregation and oppression were real, these things over generations had an impact on the education, wealth, and prosperity of generations of black people. Weā€™ve made great progress over the past several decades, that should be acknowledged, but we still have a ways to go.

Now for conversion therapy... our society has, for generations, taught and promoted heterosexuality. In fact I donā€™t know of any societies pre-twenty first century that has openly accepted homosexuality in all of human history. Guess what, it hasnā€™t worked, gay people have always existed and will continue to exist because thatā€™s how they are born. Conversion therapy has been abused by parents who try and force their children to be something other than they are. It shames people and makes them feel alienated. There is a reason why the suicide rate is so high amongst the LBGT community and CT is amongst the thought process that has contributed to that. Plus the fact that it goes directly against the American Value of Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Bottom line is, White privilege and Conversion Therapy are polar opposites to compare. One is historical and deals with racism and inequalities in our society while the other is shaming and trying to force a people to change who they are attracted to. Both WP and CT are products of hate and bigotry so I guess you found a link there.

You use that old "I've got to be" gene excuse when you wrote:"how they are born"

Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth? - Born Gay? - ProCon.org

And surprisingly I believe there is. But it is NOT the dominant reason there are now a higher percent of gays than there were 100s of years ago.
Society has accepted gay behavior. And in reality most men don't really care who they climax with because it is the climax and not the partner!
So consequently having sex with another man is much more societally accepted and therefore men who would have been frustrated sexually are
finding relief now. Which again proves it is NOT genetically driving but simple availability.

Now as for women.... a pregnancy has much more complications than for a man obviously.
So again women have historically been more monogamously oriented and women historically depended on males.
But with today economic freedoms for women...hey there is no need for men and the risks of getting pregnant.

Hence the growth of homosexuality and lesbianism.

Both of which are LEARNED behavior and again in most cases NOT genetically driven.
Some will dispute that but the very premise of how your genes get passed on i.e. your only link to immortality is by heterosexual activities.
As a result it is proven that a " I've gotta be me" gene has that inherent brake on being passed on. Sex with the same sex sure doesn't promote births!

That's pretty rich coming from one of the most miserable twats on this forum. All you do is constantly piss and moan.
From the guy who when another man's dick is in his ass, pisses and moans....If you know what I mean...

What is the difference?

You use that old "I've got to be" gene excuse when you wrote:"how they are born"

Is Sexual Orientation Determined at Birth? - Born Gay? - ProCon.org

And surprisingly I believe there is. But it is NOT the dominant reason there are now a higher percent of gays than there were 100s of years ago.
Society has accepted gay behavior. And in reality most men don't really care who they climax with because it is the climax and not the partner!
So consequently having sex with another man is much more societally accepted and therefore men who would have been frustrated sexually are
finding relief now. Which again proves it is NOT genetically driving but simple availability.

Now as for women.... a pregnancy has much more complications than for a man obviously.
So again women have historically been more monogamously oriented and women historically depended on males.
But with today economic freedoms for women...hey there is no need for men and the risks of getting pregnant.

Hence the growth of homosexuality and lesbianism.

Both of which are LEARNED behavior and again in most cases NOT genetically driven.
Some will dispute that but the very premise of how your genes get passed on i.e. your only link to immortality is by heterosexual activities.
As a result it is proven that a " I've gotta be me" gene has that inherent brake on being passed on. Sex with the same sex sure doesn't promote births!
Wow, interesting so if it is just about the climax why donā€™t you give it a shot and go see how it feels? or have you already tried a gay sexual encounter?

Also where do you get your stats about the increase of gays? Which poll are you trusting as accurate from the past where gays where scared were much more intimidated of admitting they were gay

Forum List

Back