Gay Bar Owner Shows Intolerance

I think he's showing intolerance, bigotry, and he is obviously sexist. I wonder if he has the same policy for Bachelor partys?

So a bar owner can't decide whether to accept large parties or not?

could I refuse to serve large parties of homos? while permitting large parties of heteros? would that be ok with you?

Is that bar owner refusing large parties of heteros? Link that info, plz.

If you had bothered to read the story, women are allowed in the bar....just bachelorette parties are not allowed. That requires reservations for large numbers. BTW...it has been a rage lately....something about drunk straight women googling, fondling, and harrassing the gay men. (Safe, I guess). I know several gay men that have become annoyed by such harassment in their own bars.

I know you meant ogle... :eusa_angel:

If you had bothered to read the story, women are allowed in the bar....just bachelorette parties are not allowed. That requires reservations for large numbers. BTW...it has been a rage lately....something about drunk straight women googling, fondling, and harrassing the gay men. (Safe, I guess). I know several gay men that have become annoyed by such harassment in their own bars.

I know you meant ogle... :eusa_angel:

Thanks....you are correct.

I can't believe that it's not legal to segregate blacks but it's ok if a gay bar owner decides what to do with his own business. Damn hypocrites! Get your hands off my freedoms!!

I think they are a private organization who can admit who ever they want.

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

A gay bar is a perfect place. The women can party without fear of being hit on.

Not sure if this bar has male dancers. There's mega gay bar in DC, that does, and from a Post article, these bachelorette parties can get a bit out of hand.

As for the discrimination POV, that's total bullshit. This guy didn't say no women allowed, he's just saying that his bar doesn't allow certain types of functions. His rationale is pretty reasonable as well.

Cooley, who owns The Abbey in West Hollywood, a bar often frequented by Elizabeth Taylor, said seeing the bachelorettes was “kind of a slap in my face that I couldn’t have that same experience ... so I thought that I would put a ban on bachelorette parties until every person will have the right to have a marriage and be able to marry their loved one.”

Has this bar put up a "No heterosexuals allowed" sign?

Of course not. Just more faux-outrage from the wingnut brigade.

When your pals get caught in the middle of bigotry and discrimination it's called "faux-outrage from the wingnut brigade".

When you see a homosexual being denied marriage because it's been against the law in this nation for over 200 years, it's called "hateful bigotry".

Hypocrites.

:rofl:

you're giving stupid a bad name, pal.

So a bar owner can't decide whether to accept large parties or not?

could I refuse to serve large parties of homos? while permitting large parties of heteros? would that be ok with you?

Nice dodge. Or are you just challenged when it comes to reading comprehension?
If so, let me point out that, in my hypothetical, i was referring to myself, not the bar owner in question. Proceed.

When your pals get caught in the middle of bigotry and discrimination it's called "faux-outrage from the wingnut brigade".

When you see a homosexual being denied marriage because it's been against the law in this nation for over 200 years, it's called "hateful bigotry".

Hypocrites.

Show us those 200 year old laws, my friend.

Show me two homosexuals getting married in the first 200 years of our history as a nation.

Hypocrites.

Link to those laws.

Gay marriage has never been legal in this nation until recently. You're missing the point here. The point is your double standard, hypocrisy, and bigotry.

Hypocrites.

Naw, we both know that isn't true. We both also know that the gays here will insult anyone who exposes their hypocritical acts.

Hypocrites.

Naw, we both know that isn't true. We both also know that the gays here will insult anyone who exposes their hypocritical acts.

unless you've got a mouse in your pocket, there's no 'we' here, bub.

carry on

carry on

You and I. We.

I will carry on. You know I'm right and there is not a damn thing you're gonna do about it. Now who is stupid? You got all pissy when you saw a homo getting called on his bigotry and hypocrisy, the very thing you rail against, so you thought you'd lob an insult at me. That's all you have and we both know it. Now go back to whatever it was you were doing before you got your little hissy prissy fit.

Last edited:

carry on

You and I. We.

I will carry on. You know I'm right and there is not a damn thing you're gonna do about it. Now who is stupid?

you're still pretty much in the lead.

:thup:

nice work

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

A gay bar is a perfect place. The women can party without fear of being hit on.

Not sure if this bar has male dancers. There's mega gay bar in DC, that does, and from a Post article, these bachelorette parties can get a bit out of hand.

As for the discrimination POV, that's total bullshit. This guy didn't say no women allowed, he's just saying that his bar doesn't allow certain types of functions. His rationale is pretty reasonable as well.

Cooley, who owns The Abbey in West Hollywood, a bar often frequented by Elizabeth Taylor, said seeing the bachelorettes was “kind of a slap in my face that I couldn’t have that same experience ... so I thought that I would put a ban on bachelorette parties until every person will have the right to have a marriage and be able to marry their loved one.”

he's saying he won't tolerate celebrations of heterosexual marriage.So okay,, then he needen't get his nose out of joint because some don't celebrate gay marriage.. kinda tit for tat and all dat.

what the hell do you think "banning bachelorette" parties mean dude?

That he's refusing to allow certain events in his establishment. Most Knights of Columbus posts rent out their halls for things like wedding receptions. Suppose they banned same sex wedding receptions. You'd be turning on a dime defending their right to be homophobes.

OE: This post was neg repped by WillowTree

Last edited:

what the hell do you think "banning bachelorette" parties mean dude?

That he's refusing to allow certain events in his establishment. Most Knights of Columbus posts rent out their halls for things like wedding receptions. Suppose they banned same sex wedding receptions. You'd be turning on a dime defending their right to be homophobes.

well if the gay guy can refuse then why can't the hetero? we'll wait!

If so, let me point out that, in my hypothetical, i was referring to myself, not the bar owner in question. Proceed.

It's in the op stupid.

Forum List

Back