Gay Bar Owner Shows Intolerance

I think they are a private organization who can admit who ever they want.

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

I agree with Don't Taz Me Bro but also know that Cecilie is correct under our current laws.

This buisiness can be sued for discrimination just like business that refuse to serve gays, whites, or women could be sued....errr i meant blacks, oh what is the difference ;)

They aren't refusing to serve them, they are refusing to host bachelorette parties.

Sorry, Chuckles, but if hosting parties is one of the services his bar offers - and every bar I've ever heard of does - then he can't refuse to offer it to ALL his customers.

Don't be such a fucking hypocrite. You don't think any other business in the nation should have any freedom to say how it's run, but talk about a gay bar, and it's suddenly "private and nobody else's business".

Every time I see you post, I think, "My God, I'd be ashamed to exist if I were you."

I agree with Don't Taz Me Bro but also know that Cecilie is correct under our current laws.

This buisiness can be sued for discrimination just like business that refuse to serve gays, whites, or women could be sued....errr i meant blacks, oh what is the difference ;)

They aren't refusing to serve them, they are refusing to host bachelorette parties.

Sorry, Chuckles, but if hosting parties is one of the services his bar offers - and every bar I've ever heard of does - then he can't refuse to offer it to ALL his customers.

It's a gay male bar. It's "all inclusive" that he won't be hosting bachelorette parties.

Don't be such a fucking hypocrite. You don't think any other business in the nation should have any freedom to say how it's run, but talk about a gay bar, and it's suddenly "private and nobody else's business".

Maybe you can find a post where I said a private business shouldn't have "any freedom" to say how it is run.

Every time I see you post, I think, "My God, I'd be ashamed to exist if I were you."

Awww...and now I won't be able to sleep because some anonymous douche bag on the Internet thinks I shouldn't exist. :lol:

Now this is very revealing. What do you think?

'Best Gay Bar' Bans Bachelorette Parties

It's a stupid idea.

Not if you read the reason for doing it.

The Abbey is following the lead of gay bars in Chicago; in March of 2009, the Chicago Tribune reported that gay bars had already started banning bachelorette parties two years before. Speaking of the gay bar Cocktail, the Tribune noted that the owner “stopped hosting bachelorette parties a couple of years ago when he noticed his gay patrons weren't just complaining about the women being minor irritants but about them "flaunting" their right to marry. So Zaharakis hung a sign on the front door of his establishment that says, "Bachelorette Parties Are Not Allowed.”

Let's put it in context before we let Brietbart.com get our undies in a bunch, shall we?

Cooley, who owns The Abbey in West Hollywood, a bar often frequented by Elizabeth Taylor, said seeing the bachelorettes was “kind of a slap in my face that I couldn’t have that same experience ... so I thought that I would put a ban on bachelorette parties until every person will have the right to have a marriage and be able to marry their loved one.”

1. He's not banning females; he's banning bacheloette parties.

2. He's doing so as a form of protest against people who want to deny him the opportunity to marry a person of the same sex.

Carry on.

Now this is very revealing. What do you think?

'Best Gay Bar' Bans Bachelorette Parties

It's a stupid idea.

The Abbey is following the lead of gay bars in Chicago; in March of 2009, the Chicago Tribune reported that gay bars had already started banning bachelorette parties two years before. Speaking of the gay bar Cocktail, the Tribune noted that the owner “stopped hosting bachelorette parties a couple of years ago when he noticed his gay patrons weren't just complaining about the women being minor irritants but about them "flaunting" their right to marry. So Zaharakis hung a sign on the front door of his establishment that says, "Bachelorette Parties Are Not Allowed.”

How about a bar that states "No Gay Engagement Parties because we are tired of homos flaunting their gayness in our faces". Same exact thing. The intolerance by those who demand tolerance. Funny stuff.

Just watch the commotion if a bar that hosts events declared "No Gay engagement parties".

Well, what are you waiting for? Get out there and demand equal treatment for all people no matter their sexual orientation.

Let's put it in context before we let Brietbart.com get our undies in a bunch, shall we?

Cooley, who owns The Abbey in West Hollywood, a bar often frequented by Elizabeth Taylor, said seeing the bachelorettes was “kind of a slap in my face that I couldn’t have that same experience ... so I thought that I would put a ban on bachelorette parties until every person will have the right to have a marriage and be able to marry their loved one.”

1. He's not banning females; he's banning bacheloette parties.

2. He's doing so as a form of protest against people who want to deny him the opportunity to marry a person of the same sex.

Carry on.

How does he know they want to deny him the opportunity to marry a person of the same sex? Does he ask every female who enters his bar? Wouldn't that be discrimination?

I think they are a private organization who can admit who ever they want.

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

A gay bar is a perfect place. The women can party without fear of being hit on.

I don't "fear" being hit on. And I thought women at bachelorette parties - other than the bride herself, presumably - LIKED the idea of getting all wild and naughty. I thought that was actually the POINT of the whole thing, to be honest.

It's a stupid idea.

How about a bar that states "No Gay Engagement Parties because we are tired of homos flaunting their gayness in our faces". Same exact thing. The intolerance by those who demand tolerance. Funny stuff.

The anti-choice by those who demand their freedoms. Good stuff.

A gay bar is a perfect place. The women can party without fear of being hit on.

I don't "fear" being hit on. And I thought women at bachelorette parties - other than the bride herself, presumably - LIKED the idea of getting all wild and naughty. I thought that was actually the POINT of the whole thing, to be honest.

Perhaps not everyone thinks like you do.

Just watch the commotion if a bar that hosts events declared "No Gay engagement parties".

Well, what are you waiting for? Get out there and demand equal treatment for all people no matter their sexual orientation.

I don't have to. Everyone is treated equally under the law.

No, they're not. Gay people can't legally marry in most states. That's the point the bar owner is making. But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your phony outrage. Need a tissue? It might make the crocodile tears appear more authentic.

The anti-choice by those who demand their freedoms. Good stuff.

I have no idea what that means. Could you explain that to me? Thanks.

A Bachelorette Party would be a private affair, from which the owner's regular clientele would be prohibited. That would be wrong to impose on the owner.

Clearly, you know NOTHING about bachelorette parties, OR running a bar. You're just pulling shit out of your ass to try to defend the left's right to behave like hypocritical, whining shitheads.

I don't have to. Everyone is treated equally under the law.

No, they're not. Gay people can't legally marry in most states. That's the point the bar owner is making. But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your phony outrage. Need a tissue? It might make the crocodile tears appear more authentic.

Then go to a state where it's legal. Many people go to Vegas, Reno, or even Mexico to get married and divorced. I never heard any of them complain about it. Talk about crocodile tears.....LOL. "Waaaaa, I'm gay and I can't get married.........waaaaaa"

Last edited:

It's a gay male bar. It's "all inclusive" that he won't be hosting bachelorette parties.

Maybe you can find a post where I said a private business shouldn't have "any freedom" to say how it is run.

Awww...and now I won't be able to sleep because some anonymous douche bag on the Internet thinks I shouldn't exist. :lol:

There's no such thing as a "gay male bar". Know why? Because it's illegal to refuse customers based on sex. And obviously, it's NOT "all-inclusive", because he's BEEN hosting them, and sniveling and pouting about it the whole time. This is a NEW decision in his policy.

And honey, don't even TRY to pretend you've been all about the freedom of businesses to run as they see fit without government interference all this time. No one's going to buy it, and I'm not even going to dignify such an outrageous lie by wasting my time on it.

Epic fail.

Forum List

Back