Gay Bar Owner Shows Intolerance

what the hell do you think "banning bachelorette" parties mean dude?

That he's refusing to allow certain events in his establishment. Most Knights of Columbus posts rent out their halls for things like wedding receptions. Suppose they banned same sex wedding receptions. You'd be turning on a dime defending their right to be homophobes.

well if the gay guy can refuse then why can't the hetero? we'll wait!

If he was banning this type of function because they were heteros, you'd have a point. He's not, so as usual, you don't.

That he's refusing to allow certain events in his establishment. Most Knights of Columbus posts rent out their halls for things like wedding receptions. Suppose they banned same sex wedding receptions. You'd be turning on a dime defending their right to be homophobes.

well if the gay guy can refuse then why can't the hetero? we'll wait!

If he was banning this type of function because they were heteros, you'd have a point. He's not, so as usual, you don't.

Banning the parties, Cooley stated, was “a sign of solidarity until marriage is legal everywhere for everyone,” because he feels the parties celebrate an “offensive heterosexual tradition [that] flaunts marriage inequality in the face of gays and lesbians.”

so now you can eat you some shit.

Nice dodge. Or are you just challenged when it comes to reading comprehension?
If so, let me point out that, in my hypothetical, i was referring to myself, not the bar owner in question. Proceed.

Is that bar owner refusing large parties of heteros? Link that info, plz.

It's in the op stupid.

Liar. He's only banning a specific type of function, bachelorette parties. Why do you make shit like this up?

unless you've got a mouse in your pocket, there's no 'we' here, bub.

carry on

You and I. We.

I will carry on. You know I'm right and there is not a damn thing you're gonna do about it. Now who is stupid?

you're still pretty much in the lead.

:thup:

nice work

According to some miscreant troll. This is about it for you. You see something that offends your miscreant iintellect so you hop up and shout....."You're stupid" and then slink back into the darkness until you see something else that offends you. Sensitive little fellar.

Last edited:
I think they are a private organization who can admit who ever they want.

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Sure they can. It's discrimination based on sexual orientation, not gender...which is perfectly legal in a number of states.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

Because that's where the best music is...and it's full of good looking men that aren't going to hit on you.

While it’s true businesses are prohibited from engaging in discrimination concerning public accommodations, in this case an event or practice is being ended, heterosexual women are still allowed to access the bar, thus no discrimination is taking place.

OE: This post was neg repped by WillowTree

You're defending this guy's right to be a heterophobe. What's the difference?

OE: This post was neg repped by WillowTree

Big fat assed whiner

I agree with Don't Taz Me Bro but also know that Cecilie is correct under our current laws.

This buisiness can be sued for discrimination just like business that refuse to serve gays, whites, or women could be sued....errr i meant blacks, oh what is the difference ;)

They aren't refusing to serve them, they are refusing to host bachelorette parties.

which isnt discrimination, its just not catering a certain service. Or we all going to go down to the local wendy's and demand they cater to our want of
these type of parties?

Is he going to ban homosexual bachelor parties?

Banning the parties, Cooley stated, was “a sign of solidarity until marriage is legal everywhere for everyone,” because he feels the parties celebrate an “offensive heterosexual tradition [that] flaunts marriage inequality in the face of gays and lesbians.”

Nice dodge. Or are you just challenged when it comes to reading comprehension?
If so, let me point out that, in my hypothetical, i was referring to myself, not the bar owner in question. Proceed.

did I ever state that the bar owner was acting so? link that assertion, plz.

When your pals get caught in the middle of bigotry and discrimination it's called "faux-outrage from the wingnut brigade".

When you see a homosexual being denied marriage because it's been against the law in this nation for over 200 years, it's called "hateful bigotry".

Hypocrites.

Link to those laws.

Gay marriage has never been legal in this nation until recently. You're missing the point here. The point is your double standard, hypocrisy, and bigotry.

So, you CAN'T cite a 200 yr old US law banning gay marriage. Then why did you bring it up? :eusa_whistle:

A lie of omission is still a lie. He's only banninig bachelorette parties, and since you already know that, you're a liar.

Liar. He's only banning a specific type of function, bachelorette parties. Why do you make shit like this up?

It's not my fault you're stupid and brain dead.

You're the one who chose to be a liar and claim something is in the OP article that's not. But that's what you do, pea brain.

It's a stupid idea.

Not if you read the reason for doing it.

The Abbey is following the lead of gay bars in Chicago; in March of 2009, the Chicago Tribune reported that gay bars had already started banning bachelorette parties two years before. Speaking of the gay bar Cocktail, the Tribune noted that the owner “stopped hosting bachelorette parties a couple of years ago when he noticed his gay patrons weren't just complaining about the women being minor irritants but about them "flaunting" their right to marry. So Zaharakis hung a sign on the front door of his establishment that says, "Bachelorette Parties Are Not Allowed.”

Which is another way of saying, "The women weren't doing anything that isn't done by everyone in bars, but the gays were being self-absorbed, whining douches and thinking that the celebration was all about making them feel bad."

Maybe gay people, like all other liberals, should consider the possibility that the world doesn't revolve around them, and the vast majority of people are not planning their entire lives around "How can I upset the homosexuals?" Most people just don't think about them - or anyone else - at all.

Or is THAT what they're so upset about: not being the center of existence for everyone?

There are gay conservatives, whether you believe it or not.

Gays aren’t seeking any attention, they want equal access to the law, just like every other American.

A lie of omission is still a lie. He's only banninig bachelorette parties, and since you already know that, you're a liar.

ha ha ha,, bachelorette parties and heterosexuals are what he's banning it's a slap in his gay face. he said it not I.

Forum List

Back