Gay Bar Owner Shows Intolerance

I don't have to. Everyone is treated equally under the law.

No, they're not. Gay people can't legally marry in most states. That's the point the bar owner is making. But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your phony outrage. Need a tissue? It might make the crocodile tears appear more authentic.

Then go to a state where it's legal. Many people go to Vegas, Reno, or even Mexico to get married and divorced. I never heard any of them complain about it. Talk about crocodile tears.....LOL. "Waaaaa, I'm gay and I can't get married.........waaaaaa"

1. You're a moron.

2. Gay people should not have to move out of fucking state in order to get married. It should -- and will be -- legal in every state. It's called freedom. This country was founded on it. Get a clue.

I think they are a private organization who can admit who ever they want.

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

If you had bothered to read the story, women are allowed in the bar....just bachelorette parties are not allowed. That requires reservations for large numbers. BTW...it has been a rage lately....something about drunk straight women googling, fondling, and harrassing the gay men. (Safe, I guess). I know several gay men that have become annoyed by such harassment in their own bars.

Now this is very revealing. What do you think?

'Best Gay Bar' Bans Bachelorette Parties

It's a stupid idea.

Not if you read the reason for doing it.

The Abbey is following the lead of gay bars in Chicago; in March of 2009, the Chicago Tribune reported that gay bars had already started banning bachelorette parties two years before. Speaking of the gay bar Cocktail, the Tribune noted that the owner “stopped hosting bachelorette parties a couple of years ago when he noticed his gay patrons weren't just complaining about the women being minor irritants but about them "flaunting" their right to marry. So Zaharakis hung a sign on the front door of his establishment that says, "Bachelorette Parties Are Not Allowed.”

Which is another way of saying, "The women weren't doing anything that isn't done by everyone in bars, but the gays were being self-absorbed, whining douches and thinking that the celebration was all about making them feel bad."

Maybe gay people, like all other liberals, should consider the possibility that the world doesn't revolve around them, and the vast majority of people are not planning their entire lives around "How can I upset the homosexuals?" Most people just don't think about them - or anyone else - at all.

Or is THAT what they're so upset about: not being the center of existence for everyone?

Last time I checked, businesses are prohibited by law from discriminating based on race, sex, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc. As the law stands right now, they can no more refuse to do business with women having bachelorette parties than they can refuse to do business with black people.

Sure they can. It's discrimination based on sexual orientation, not gender...which is perfectly legal in a number of states.

Mind you, I have to wonder why women would WANT to have bachelorette parties in a gay bar, but that's their issue, not mine.

Because that's where the best music is...and it's full of good looking men that aren't going to hit on you.

So let's see a bar put up a sign saying, "No homosexuals allowed", and see how long THAT lasts before there are lawsuits and protests and whatever.

And actually, btw, they're just ASSUMING those parties are for hetero women. What if a lesbian couple is getting married, and one of them decides to have HER bachelorette party there?

Why does this whining dipshit bar owner think he's "excluded from the experience", anyway? Who the fuck is stopping him from having a wedding with all the trappings, including parties beforehand, if that's what he wants to do? Does he really need that piece of paper - and public approbation - so badly that he lets it stop him from living his life?

Has this bar put up a "No heterosexuals allowed" sign?

I wonder if, at my restaurant, I can simultaneously permit males to host men's club meetings, while denying members of NOW a weekly table? And the big question is, could I do so without the progressive fucktwits in this country protesting the bigotry with which I run my business?

Sure they can. It's discrimination based on sexual orientation, not gender...which is perfectly legal in a number of states.

Because that's where the best music is...and it's full of good looking men that aren't going to hit on you.

So let's see a bar put up a sign saying, "No homosexuals allowed", and see how long THAT lasts before there are lawsuits and protests and whatever.

And actually, btw, they're just ASSUMING those parties are for hetero women. What if a lesbian couple is getting married, and one of them decides to have HER bachelorette party there?

Why does this whining dipshit bar owner think he's "excluded from the experience", anyway? Who the fuck is stopping him from having a wedding with all the trappings, including parties beforehand, if that's what he wants to do? Does he really need that piece of paper - and public approbation - so badly that he lets it stop him from living his life?

Of course not. Just more faux-outrage from the wingnut brigade.

A Bachelorette Party would be a private affair, from which the owner's regular clientele would be prohibited. That would be wrong to impose on the owner.

Clearly, you know NOTHING about bachelorette parties, OR running a bar. You're just pulling shit out of your ass to try to defend the left's right to behave like hypocritical, whining shitheads.

Considering this thread, that's some really Ironic Gold right there.

Let's put it in context before we let Brietbart.com get our undies in a bunch, shall we?

Cooley, who owns The Abbey in West Hollywood, a bar often frequented by Elizabeth Taylor, said seeing the bachelorettes was “kind of a slap in my face that I couldn’t have that same experience ... so I thought that I would put a ban on bachelorette parties until every person will have the right to have a marriage and be able to marry their loved one.”

1. He's not banning females; he's banning bacheloette parties.

2. He's doing so as a form of protest against people who want to deny him the opportunity to marry a person of the same sex.

Carry on.

1. Can I put up a sign in a restaurant saying that blacks can buy dinner, but not dessert? Discrimination is discrimination; doesn't matter if it's discriminating in just one service you offer.

2. Pretty sure anti-discrimination laws don't include an "unless you're doing it as a protest" clause.

I should point out that bachelorette parties are rarely organized things where space is reserved ahead of time or separate from the rest of the bar. Usually, the group of women just shows up somewhere, sits together, and gets drunk and acts silly, like most bar patrons.

When your pals get caught in the middle of bigotry and discrimination it's called "faux-outrage from the wingnut brigade".

When you see a homosexual being denied marriage because it's been against the law in this nation for over 200 years, it's called "hateful bigotry".

Hypocrites.

Let's put it in context before we let Brietbart.com get our undies in a bunch, shall we?

Cooley, who owns The Abbey in West Hollywood, a bar often frequented by Elizabeth Taylor, said seeing the bachelorettes was “kind of a slap in my face that I couldn’t have that same experience ... so I thought that I would put a ban on bachelorette parties until every person will have the right to have a marriage and be able to marry their loved one.”

1. He's not banning females; he's banning bacheloette parties.

2. He's doing so as a form of protest against people who want to deny him the opportunity to marry a person of the same sex.

Carry on.

1. Can I put up a sign in a restaurant saying that blacks can buy dinner, but not dessert? Discrimination is discrimination; doesn't matter if it's discriminating in just one service you offer.

2. Pretty sure anti-discrimination laws don't include an "unless you're doing it as a protest" clause.

I should point out that bachelorette parties are rarely organized things where space is reserved ahead of time or separate from the rest of the bar. Usually, the group of women just shows up somewhere, sits together, and gets drunk and acts silly, like most bar patrons.

Now bachelorette parties = blacks.

You guys crack me up. :lol::lol::lol:

When your pals get caught in the middle of bigotry and discrimination it's called "faux-outrage from the wingnut brigade".

When you see a homosexual being denied marriage because it's been against the law in this nation for over 200 years, it's called "hateful bigotry".

Hypocrites.

Show us those 200 year old laws, my friend.

Are you saying he doesn't have the right to run his own business as he sees fit?

I think he's showing intolerance, bigotry, and he is obviously sexist. I wonder if he has the same policy for Bachelor partys?

So a bar owner can't decide whether to accept large parties or not?

could I refuse to serve large parties of homos? while permitting large parties of heteros? would that be ok with you?

Hypocrites.

Link to those laws.

Forum List

Back