Gators Guard Birds That Nest Nearby

xeinenth

Jun 7, 2015
Turns out the gators near bird colonies were 13 percent fatter. Which means this unusual arrangement may be mutually beneficial. The birds get protection. And the alligators? They feast on any chicks that get kicked out of the nest, as well as on the rest of the extra-productive swamp life, fertilized by all that guano.

If we truly lived in a cat and mouse world [for us] whereby dinosaurs roamed the land then, we may had practiced differing survival tactics. In such a state the organismal ultimatium can be quite harsh, even while combined together as a single force. There would be a clearly evident selective inclination for either smarter neural anatomy or more robust physical brawniness. All the same, it'd be far easier should lightsaber weaponry have been technologically manifested due to the intellectual contributions from that of the former group. In the case of a ten-foot, four-armed, three-legged gigantic beastlike human outlier among the latter bracket; they'd not cozily triumph over the oncoming cerberus tyrannosaur [when there is one]. We could have taken to living within caves, as a safe haven against such ferocious creatures of the said huge terrifying dimension. For all we know mating customs ought have seen further excess to boot in being popularly embraced and of a quickened duration. This also hints at less individual parental attention and maybe impels caretaking guardians to the end that they abhorrently sacrifice offspring to the now endlessly fossilized monstrosity from yore.

Added Note: This is meant to be a cynically derived exposition of a hypothetical origination. I have tried to offer some satirical thoughts on this newly published adaptive relationship and any evolutionary implications connected with it. I am sorry had it come across as being somewhat offensive in any way. I may have hinted at the corresponding ramifications to the extent that it is perceptively disturbing. If you indeed relate to the underlying analogy I'd hope it had been of use to you.

See link: http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/gators-guard-birds-that-nest-nearby/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back