Gary Johnson would not close Guantanamo Bay

The detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba must be closed after all detainees have been tried by courts that presume innocence before guilt.

Foreign Policy

This strikes me as a flip flop. If this was his position then why didn't he make it clear in the interview with the Judge?

He DID. He said on the Judge's program that they needed to be held "somewhere." If you take that, plus the position at his website, and put it all into context, it makes sense.

Last edited:
He DID. He said on the Judge's program that they needed to be held "somewhere." If you take that, plus the position at his website, and put it all into context, it makes sense.

The fact that he didn't state that his ultimate goal was to close Gitmo on Freedom Watch, like he does now on his website, makes me think this is merely political opportunism. It's good that he changed his position, but let's not be blind to the fact that he clearly changed his position.

The fact that he didn't state that his ultimate goal was to close Gitmo on Freedom Watch, like he does now on his website, makes me think this is merely political opportunism. It's good that he changed his position, but let's not be blind to the fact that he clearly changed his position.

He's trying to figure out which way the gay Christian stoner libertarian vote will go.

Forum List

Back