Johnson Gary Johnson Message to the Bernsters..

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
It's a little disappointing that he didn't hit this harder. ESPECIALLY on items like ending Corporate welfare that have been LP trademarks for decades. And ELABORATE on prison and criminal reform and talk about Asset Forfeiture and abusing warrants, using dubious "witnesses", etc.

But here is the flirt for the disenchanted Bernie fans.

bernie's message to his gary johnson fans:

13626510_1125122240864219_4259263065503926928_n.jpg

bernie's message to his gary johnson fans:

C'mon Val. That's an hour long. Did he flirt with us Liberarians for a FULL HOUR? Or did he just blow us a kiss?

We agree with about 1./2 of what Bernie was prescribing. Things like foreign policy and govt/corporate collusion are COMMITMENTS from either candidate.

So narrow down the time code for me so I can skip to the GOOD part. :biggrin:

It's a little disappointing that he didn't hit this harder. ESPECIALLY on items like ending Corporate welfare that have been LP trademarks for decades. And ELABORATE on prison and criminal reform and talk about Asset Forfeiture and abusing warrants, using dubious "witnesses", etc.

What he says makes a lot of sense.

But watch the video. He does NOT blink. A sure sign of a mental disorder. Which explains why he is so beloved by the kid who posed for Obama's propaganda photo. Still, the existence of an alternative does suggest a flock of young hippies will vote for the first time. On the other hand, if he can get his message across, at least 10 U.S. based couch manufacturers will see their pre-November sales plummet.

What he says makes a lot of sense.

But watch the video. He does NOT blink. A sure sign of a mental disorder. Which explains why he is so beloved by the kid who posed for Obama's propaganda photo. Still, the existence of an alternative does suggest a flock of young hippies will vote for the first time. On the other hand, if he can get his message across, at least 10 U.S. based couch manufacturers will see their pre-November sales plummet.

I have no idea why couch sales would plummet. Unless of course, the whiny "never voted" folks get off their asses and work for REAL change.

"Young hippies"?? Is there a resurgence in black light posters and bell bottoms? There's a stock tip..
Our foreign policy has been CHRONICALLY wrong from BOTH parties. Clinton bombed Iraq for 8 years almost daily, starved and sickened damn near EVERY Iraqi with the "Containment". The Bushs account for 4 MORE years of failed policy. We've left 4 or 5 MidEast countries bombed out and festering with terrorists among voids of power and govt. We ATTACK 4 or 6 countries A YEAR.. And watching the GOP debate -- MOST people on that stage now want to CARPET BOMB what's left.

Hippies my ass. We're reaping the blowback of our 2 parties with INDISTINGUISHABLE differences in using USA power abroad. We've been RIGHT on that for 30 years and we've been RIGHT on social and economic issues as well..

Just a note, not worthy of its own thread, Johnson appeared on HBO's Bill Maher show a couple of weeks ago, it's being replayed currently. Short interview, but interesting. It was done in the opening, not towards the end. Jim Gaffigan was also a guest...

Gary "Stoner" Johnson's message to the mindless zombies that voted for Bernie:
"Hey dudes and dudettes!! Let's all smoke some ganja and then you can vote for me and stuff.!! I'm not really a Libertarian and I don't really have or even tout libertarian views or policies (well, except for weed bruh! smoke the ganja!!! Yeah!! ) .... but I am playing as a Libertarian/Rastafarian for this election.cycle...... So why not get really, like, totally stoned and, like, vote for me? I mean, if you can. like, remember and stuff....."

Bernie's message to the mindless zombies (AKA "the free shit army") that voted for him -
"Forget everything I said I believed in. Forget I was even in the race! Vote for the corporate c#nt hiLIARy."

Just a note, not worthy of its own thread, Johnson appeared on HBO's Bill Maher show a couple of weeks ago, it's being replayed currently. Short interview, but interesting. It was done in the opening, not towards the end. Jim Gaffigan was also a guest...

Tried to watch Bill for 4 minutes last week. He lied 7 times in 3 minutes. I don't waste time on fictional stuff.. Tried to paint a rosy picture for California and far leftist leadership. Among the whoppers he reeled off was that Cali had one of the three LOWEST electric rates in the country. It's actually in the 5 highest. He's a worthless snip of foreskin.

"Hey dudes and dudettes!! Let's all smoke some ganja and then you can vote for me and stuff.!! I'm not really a Libertarian and I don't really have or even tout libertarian views or policies (well, except for weed bruh! smoke the ganja!!! Yeah!! ) .... but I am playing as a Libertarian/Rastafarian for this election.cycle...... So why not get really, like, totally stoned and, like, vote for me? I mean, if you can. like, remember and stuff....."

Bernie's message to the mindless zombies (AKA "the free shit army") that voted for him -
"Forget everything I said I believed in. Forget I was even in the race! Vote for the corporate c#nt hiLIARy."

Thanks for your caricature. The guy was chief exec of New Mexico. Elected twice. Broke his back and several ribs in a hang gliding accident and used marijuana for the pain for 3 or 4 years. He's a tri-athlete and mountain climber. Not a pothead couch potato -- and our POLICIES have been 30 years AHEAD of public opinion since we started. We've never changed. Thanks for playing -- now scram..

Thanks for your caricature. The guy was chief exec of New Mexico. Elected twice. Broke his back and several ribs in a hang gliding accident and used marijuana for the pain for 3 or 4 years. He's a tri-athlete and mountain climber. Not a pothead couch potato -- and our POLICIES have been 30 years AHEAD of public opinion since we started. We've never changed. Thanks for playing -- now scram..

He's not a Libertarian. He's a Republican that smokes pot. There is a difference. But I'll play along.

Here is a chart that shows the growth of New Mexico's government spending in 5 areas...

akcs-www

Here is a chart of the gross public debt growth under Johnson

akcs-www

This is "Libertarian"?

:rofl:

He's not a Libertarian. He's a Republican that smokes pot. There is a difference. But I'll play along.

Here is a chart that shows the growth of New Mexico's government spending in 5 areas...

akcs-www

akcs-www

This is "Libertarian"?

If you actually could READ charts -- the top one shows relatively FLAT spending in all areas except HealthCare and Education. Now that spending INCLUDES FEDERAL grants and $$ that bloomed over that period and did NOT come from the pockets of New Mexico voters. Or as put in this NReview OpEd ---

Correcting the Record on Gary Johnson’s Fiscal Legacy

One problem is that Spiller “credits” Johnson with spending money he had little control over. His spending numbers include federal dollars that flow into the state for everything from Medicaid to education. Including just the General Fund that the legislature and governor must agree to each year, Johnson’s first budget was $2.7 billion and his final budget, eight years later, was $3.9 billion (an increase of about 41 percent). Thus, under Johnson, New Mexico’s General Fund spending grew by 4.67 percent annually, not the outrageous 7.29 percent rate cited by Spiller. Once you factor in inflation and New Mexico being a relatively fast-growing Western state (population growth in the Land of Enchantment has stagnated since the late 2000’s economic crisis), Johnson’s spending record looks much better.

Richardson succeeded where Johnson failed in cutting taxes in large part because during Johnson’s tenure the New Mexico legislature was controlled entirely by Democrats. These were no razor-thin margins either: Democrats held approximately 60 percent of all legislative seats.
With so many Democrats in the legislature, Johnson’s main impact was in vetoing an astonishing 739 bills over his eight years in office.

He was RE-ELECTED in a Blue State BECAUSE of his fiscal restraint and liberal social views.

Gary Johnson's plate of choice cuts

Before he was termed out as governor, Johnson was proud of his record number of vetoes. He attributes his 1998 re-election in a heavily Democratic state to New Mexico voters' appreciation of his "good stewardship of tax dollars." In what must be music to some Tea Party movement followers' ears, Johnson told me that he believes he could have cut "a third of state government and no one would have noticed the difference.

And he's expressed similar beliefs about WIDE SPREAD cutting of the Fed Bureaucracy that he knows 1st hand as a Governor -- was not at ALL helpful to the folks of his state when it came to mandates and grants with strings and restrictions on innovation by the 50 state governors and legislators.

In a time of low inflation, with a 60% opposition majority in his State House, he USED that Veto power to control the RAMPANT increases in Pensions and Bond Issues that has put MANY other states like Illinois and Cali on the brink of existence. Getting help from both Reps and Dems -- just involves some general truth telling. THings that neither side mentions to the public. Like WHY GE pays no corporate taxes. (corporate handouts for stuff they already make) Or how SSecurity went bankrupt 12 years ahead of schedule and is now a MAJOR source of Fed Deficit. (Because there is nothing of VALUE in the "trust fund" to pay out the shortfall in revenues.)

You need REAL outsiders to explain the myriad of things that are kept silent by collusion of the 2 parties. And that's why REAL outsides should be given an opportunity.

akcs-www

akcs-www

This is "Libertarian"?

If you actually could READ charts -- the top one shows relatively FLAT spending in all areas except HealthCare and Education. Now that spending INCLUDES FEDERAL grants and $$ that bloomed over that period and did NOT come from the pockets of New Mexico voters. Or as put in this NReview OpEd ---

One problem is that Spiller “credits” Johnson with spending money he had little control over. His spending numbers include federal dollars that flow into the state for everything from Medicaid to education. Including just the General Fund that the legislature and governor must agree to each year, Johnson’s first budget was $2.7 billion and his final budget, eight years later, was $3.9 billion (an increase of about 41 percent). Thus, under Johnson, New Mexico’s General Fund spending grew by 4.67 percent annually, not the outrageous 7.29 percent rate cited by Spiller. Once you factor in inflation and New Mexico being a relatively fast-growing Western state (population growth in the Land of Enchantment has stagnated since the late 2000’s economic crisis), Johnson’s spending record looks much better.

Richardson succeeded where Johnson failed in cutting taxes in large part because during Johnson’s tenure the New Mexico legislature was controlled entirely by Democrats. These were no razor-thin margins either: Democrats held approximately 60 percent of all legislative seats.
With so many Democrats in the legislature, Johnson’s main impact was in vetoing an astonishing 739 bills over his eight years in office.

He was RE-ELECTED in a Blue State BECAUSE of his fiscal restraint and liberal social views.

Before he was termed out as governor, Johnson was proud of his record number of vetoes. He attributes his 1998 re-election in a heavily Democratic state to New Mexico voters' appreciation of his "good stewardship of tax dollars." In what must be music to some Tea Party movement followers' ears, Johnson told me that he believes he could have cut "a third of state government and no one would have noticed the difference.

And he's expressed similar beliefs about WIDE SPREAD cutting of the Fed Bureaucracy that he knows 1st hand as a Governor -- was not at ALL helpful to the folks of his state when it came to mandates and grants with strings and restrictions on innovation by the 50 state governors and legislators.

In a time of low inflation, with a 60% opposition majority in his State House, he USED that Veto power to control the RAMPANT increases in Pensions and Bond Issues that has put MANY other states like Illinois and Cali on the brink of existence. Getting help from both Reps and Dems -- just involves some general truth telling. THings that neither side mentions to the public. Like WHY GE pays no corporate taxes. (corporate handouts for stuff they already make) Or how SSecurity went bankrupt 12 years ahead of schedule and is now a MAJOR source of Fed Deficit. (Because there is nothing of VALUE in the "trust fund" to pay out the shortfall in revenues.)

You need REAL outsiders to explain the myriad of things that are kept silent by collusion of the 2 parties. And that's why REAL outsides should be given an opportunity.

"Stoner" Johnson is confused and doesn't know what a libertarian is. . He believes that a "Libertarian" is a mix of fiscal conservative and socially liberal. :rofl:

Being socially "liberal" and fiscally "Conservative" is not libertarian. The role of a libertarian in politics is to maximize freedom and minimize government. Here is a link and excerpt to an excellent article that lays out the case against Johnson quite succinctly:

As to his fiscal record of failure - whether the spending increase was 5% or 7% - the bottom line is simple - Johnson is not a real libertarian, nor is his running mate and fellow Republican, Bill Weld. They are both moderate republicans who believe that holding a few socially "liberal" positions qualifies them as "libertarians. It's comically misguided and a complete lack of understanding of the philosophy.

"Stoner" Johnson more than doubled the public debt in New Mexico in 8 short years. He also increased the size and scope of government every single year of his tenure.

:thup:

Zander while i concur with the assessment that Johnson is Libertarian lite. For Con/Rep super-lite look at the Bushes. For Soc/Com lite look at Obama or the Clintons for super lite.

akcs-www

akcs-www

This is "Libertarian"?

"Stoner" Johnson is confused and doesn't know what a libertarian is. . He believes that a "Libertarian" is a mix of fiscal conservative and socially liberal. :rofl:

Being socially "liberal" and fiscally "Conservative" is not libertarian. The role of a libertarian in politics is to maximize freedom and minimize government. Here is a link and excerpt to an excellent article that lays out the case against Johnson quite succinctly:

As to his fiscal record of failure - whether the spending increase was 5% or 7% - the bottom line is simple - Johnson is not a real libertarian, nor is his running mate and fellow Republican, Bill Weld. They are both moderate republicans who believe that holding a few socially "liberal" positions qualifies them as "libertarians. It's comically misguided and a complete lack of understanding of the philosophy.

"Stoner" Johnson more than doubled the public debt in New Mexico in 8 short years. He also increased the size and scope of government every single year of his tenure.

You've just misrepresented the position on the ONLY LP policy you seem to be aware of.

We are not PRO drug. We are anti-Drug War. And the policy there is LARGER than marijuana. It's ending asset forfeiture laws, no-knock searches based on incarcerated snitches. making the "WAR" about medical and solutions other than incarceration that don't work. Realizing how much of a problem PRESCRIPTION drugs are and balancing proper access to the UNDER-medicated and stopping access to illegal use. Prison and justice reform. Too many non-violent drug offenders on sentences that are too long. Federal or State.

You also misrepresented the position on cake baking. Or for that matter "bathroom selection". The latter being TOTALLY a medical/psych world declaration and not a simple personal declaration,. The FORMER being something govt should NEVER be involved in.

And if you can find a Johnson position on guns that favors any NEW gun control -- I'll refrain from calling this shitpile what it is..

As for your 2nd chart of "public debt" in NMex -- like most ALL states -- the General Fund is ALWAYS balanced. Leaving no "public debt" other than "off-budget" items like pensions and Bonds. Part of those massive vetos exercised were on those topics. And that period from 98 to 2008 saw an ASTRONOMICAL GROWTH in nearly every state over State pension funds. Because of unsupportable deals that had been cut decades before. That growth in off-budget items is far less than other Blue states governed by Republicans..

akcs-www

akcs-www

This is "Libertarian"?

You've just misrepresented the position on the ONLY LP policy you seem to be aware of.

We are not PRO drug. We are anti-Drug War. And the policy there is LARGER than marijuana. It's ending asset forfeiture laws, no-knock searches based on incarcerated snitches. making the "WAR" about medical and solutions other than incarceration that don't work. Realizing how much of a problem PRESCRIPTION drugs are and balancing proper access to the UNDER-medicated and stopping access to illegal use. Prison and justice reform. Too many non-violent drug offenders on sentences that are too long. Federal or State.

You also misrepresented the position on cake baking. Or for that matter "bathroom selection". The latter being TOTALLY a medical/psych world declaration and not a simple personal declaration,. The FORMER being something govt should NEVER be involved in.

And if you can find a Johnson position on guns that favors any NEW gun control -- I'll refrain from calling this shitpile what it is..

As for your 2nd chart of "public debt" in NMex -- like most ALL states -- the General Fund is ALWAYS balanced. Leaving no "public debt" other than "off-budget" items like pensions and Bonds. Part of those massive vetos exercised were on those topics. And that period from 98 to 2008 saw an ASTRONOMICAL GROWTH in nearly every state over State pension funds. Because of unsupportable deals that had been cut decades before. That growth in off-budget items is far less than other Blue states governed by Republicans..

Excuses are easy to make.But the facts are the facts and Johnson's record is his record. He more than doubled the public debt during his 8 years after promising to cut spending and cut debt, He did neither, he increased spending and increased debt. He never passed a single "libertarian" bill or initiative. He failed to make the people of New Mexico any "freer", instead he put them deeper and deeper in debt.

He is just another big government "moderate" Republican who holds liberal social views on abortion and marijuana. He actually believe a Libertarian is "a fiscal conservative and social liberal".

I do give him credit for talking a good game, but he gets almost no credit for the "doing" part. It's easy to talk....

Bottom line - Gary "stoner" Johnson,and his running mate, the equally squishy fellow moderate Republican, William Weld, will be lucky to get 1% of the vote and will not garner a single vote in the Electoral College. Rendering them irrelevant.....

Forum List

Back