Garrison Keillor now goes down

Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This is amazing

Garrison Keillor, the former host of "A Prairie Home Companion," says he's been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over allegations of improper behavior.

Keillor told The Associated Press of his firing in an email. In a follow-up statement, he says he was fired over "a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard."

He didn't give details of the allegation. Minnesota Public Radio didn't immediately respond to messages.
Garrison Keillor says fired over alleged improper behavior

I read a column of his today about being careful about judging the past by today's standards.

He must have had a premonition that something heavy was rolling down the hill.

but but lake woebegone ....say it aint so...
I hope he writes a column about it, as only he can, and that the papers will publish it. He could do that in a discrete way.

Search Results
Bill O'Reilly May Be Heading Back On Air, Via Sinclair Broadcasting ...
deadline.com/.../bill-oreilly-sinclar-broadcasting-back-on-air-harassment-settlement-1...
Oct 25, 2017 - Bill O'Reilly has been holding talks to host a TV program on Sinclair ... Bill O'Reilly May Be Heading Back On Air, Via Sinclair Broadcasting Stations: Report ... of settlement money Sinclair can afford to pay if they hire this guy?

who is next bob ross?
This is from EvilEyeFleegle's thread on the same topic:

Garrison Keillor Says He Has Been Fired Over Allegations of Improper Conduct

The real shocker---MPR says they are going to change the name of the Prairie Home Companion!

"Minnesota Public Radio said it would also cut off all business relationships with Mr. Keillor’s media companies, including ending distribution and broadcast of “The Writer’s Almanac” and rebroadcasts of “The Best of A Prairie Home Companion hosted by Garrison Keillor.”

It will also change the name of American Public Media’s weekly music and variety program hosted by Chris Thile, who took over “A Prairie Home Companion” in October 2016, after Mr. Keillor retired."

Boycott, bones!

Forum List

Back