GAO: HHS Already Rationing Enrollment in Obamacare’s Pre-Existing Condition Plan

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well well..people warned of this didn't they?
link from GAO in article at site

SNIP:
May 31, 2013 - 1:10 PM

(CNSNews.com) – A pre-existing condition health insurance program established by Obamacare is already straining its own budget and, to control costs, the administration’s Health and Human Services Department (HHS) has stopped enrolling any new people in the program, according to an audit by the General Accountability Office (GAO).

In addition, to further control spending, HHS has directed the program to shift more of the costs onto the current enrollees, thus raising the out-of-pocket health care expenses for the people with pre-existing conditions.

“Finally, due to growing concerns about the rate of PCIP [Pre-existing Condition Insurance Program] spending, in February 2013, CCIIO [under HHS] suspended PCIP enrollment to ensure the appropriated funding would be sufficient to cover claims for current enrollees through the end of the program,” states the GAO report, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Enrollment and Spending in the Early Retiree Reinsurance and Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan Programs.

The rationing or denial of health care coverage in the marketplace for people with pre-existing conditions, or insurers charging higher premiums to people with pre-existing conditions were among the reasons cited by President Barack Obama and most congressional Democrats for implementing Obamacare, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

all of it here
GAO: HHS Already Rationing Enrollment in Obamacare?s Pre-Existing Condition Plan | CNS News

I heard about this back in March

the libs planned poorly, shocking, I know, and now they are out of money and won't be able to keep their promises, another shock, sorry

so you may want to take a breather for this next one

obama care is going to cost far more than expected and not deliver the level of service they claimed.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

SNIP:

(CNSNews.com) – A pre-existing condition health insurance program established by Obamacare is already straining its own budget and, to control costs, the administration’s Health and Human Services Department (HHS) has stopped enrolling any new people in the program, according to an audit by the General Accountability Office (GAO).

In addition, to further control spending, HHS has directed the program to shift more of the costs onto the current enrollees, thus raising the out-of-pocket health care expenses for the people with pre-existing conditions.

“Finally, due to growing concerns about the rate of PCIP [Pre-existing Condition Insurance Program] spending, in February 2013, CCIIO [under HHS] suspended PCIP enrollment to ensure the appropriated funding would be sufficient to cover claims for current enrollees through the end of the program,” states the GAO report, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Enrollment and Spending in the Early Retiree Reinsurance and Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan Programs.

The rationing or denial of health care coverage in the marketplace for people with pre-existing conditions, or insurers charging higher premiums to people with pre-existing conditions were among the reasons cited by President Barack Obama and most congressional Democrats for implementing Obamacare, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

all of it here
GAO: HHS Already Rationing Enrollment in Obamacare?s Pre-Existing Condition Plan | CNS News

The reason they are not accepting anymore applicants is that this program ends at the end of the year. Everyone in it will have to purchase insurance through their state's exchange. Now it is true that costs have been higher than expected, but that is mostly due to the fact that those who did enroll have very high medical costs. Many with pre-existing conditions that were easily manageable chose not to enroll because they didn't want to pay, so it hurt revenues. I am one who enrolled and have a pre-existing condition but my costs were minimal. Mutual of Ohio made plenty of money off of me as the only thing they paid for was a couple of doctor visits per year. Everything else fell within my deductible.

I was talking to my insurance agent who handles my sons' policies, and he told me that one of the big reasons many did not enroll is because the insurance companies were still trying to pawn off their own indemnity plans which have very minimal coverage and high premiums. They are a big money maker for the insurance companies, so this is what they were pushing. Many people with pre-existing conditions were not aware of the program, but that really is their own fault. It just goes to show how uninformed most people are.

Libs love to pull numbers out of their ass.....

Just watch Al Sharpton some time.I gave up.Can't take his yelling any more.

Anyway this is his favorite thing to do.Discuss polling numbers...

Here's Al.

The President's approval rating this month is.

47% approve
48% disapprove
5 % undecided.

Of the 47% that approve,37% really approve,14% somewhat approve while 17% approve approve with 12% of those approve sometimes and 27% approve most of the time and 15% of those...

At this point I only have myself to blame for watching this fool....

Libs love to pull numbers out of their ass.....

Just watch Al Sharpton some time.I gave up.Can't take his yelling any more.

Anyway this is his favorite thing to do.Discuss polling numbers...

Here's Al.

The President's approval rating this month is.

47% approve
48% disapprove
5 % undecided.

Of the 47% that approve,37% really approve,14% somewhat approve while 17% approve approve with 12% of those approve sometimes and 27% approve most of the time and 15% of those...

At this point I only have myself to blame for watching this fool....

I can't watch ANY of them..
you were brave I'd say....lol

SNIP:

all of it here

The reason they are not accepting anymore applicants is that this program ends at the end of the year. Everyone in it will have to purchase insurance through their state's exchange. Now it is true that costs have been higher than expected, but that is mostly due to the fact that those who did enroll have very high medical costs. Many with pre-existing conditions that were easily manageable chose not to enroll because they didn't want to pay, so it hurt revenues. I am one who enrolled and have a pre-existing condition but my costs were minimal. Mutual of Ohio made plenty of money off of me as the only thing they paid for was a couple of doctor visits per year. Everything else fell within my deductible.

I was talking to my insurance agent who handles my sons' policies, and he told me that one of the big reasons many did not enroll is because the insurance companies were still trying to pawn off their own indemnity plans which have very minimal coverage and high premiums. They are a big money maker for the insurance companies, so this is what they were pushing. Many people with pre-existing conditions were not aware of the program, but that really is their own fault. It just goes to show how uninformed most people are.

So what you are saying is that the dems didn't not think ahead.

Do you now understand that this is not nearly the first time?

Forum List

Back