Gang violence about to escalate in Japan?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Hmmmm....this split among the Yakuza has been in the works for the last year or more...will it mean violence?

Ex-Kobe Yamaguchi-gumi members may have launched new syndicate

kobe

Former members of the Kobe Yamaguchi-gumi, a yakuza gang which split from the Yamaguchi-gumi in August 2015, may have launched a new crime syndicate after gathering in Hyogo Prefecture on Sunday.

Police said on Sunday afternoon, former leaders of the Kobe Yamaguchi-gumi were seen after congregating at an office in Amagasaki City, Hyogo Prefecture, Fuji TV reported. A police spokesman said the meeting was most likely held to form a new breakaway group from the Kobe Yamaguchi-gumi syndicate.

According to investigators, Yoshinori Oda (real name Yoshinori Kin), is said to have informed police of his withdrawal from the Kobe Yamaguchi-gumi. Police believe he will be the de facto boss of the new underground criminal group.

Police said they will strengthen vigilance in anticipation of further conflict among yakuza factions.

I follow some VLOGers in South Korea and Japan, and my favorite VLOGer in Japan is Unrested aka Scott Ackerman:

He's lived in Japan for almost 10 years, and he's married with kids now. He's made a few interesting videos about the Yakuza. Obviously, he's not an expert on the Yakuza, but it's interesting to hear his take on the Yakuza.

I have no idea if this last story is true, but it's an awesome comic book style video about running into the Yakuza lol:

Forum List

Back