Game of Thrones

2886A7D2-A773-42E9-965A-430D7D00398D_jpeg-952159.JPG

Yeah, just like the Roman Republic ensured there would never be hereditary emperors....oh, wait.
Their emperors had ambition
Bran does not

Bran won't live forever, bub.

And that is where having a popularly elected leader will come in
Bran will set the example of how a new king acts
In reality, Tyrion will run the day to day issues of the kingdom

It is Sansa who will screw up...she always does

Judging from her mindset in the books, it's really only a matter of time til she's swept off her feet by some handsome suitor and becomes just a figurehead ruler.
Nothing keeping her from marrying Tyrion again.
NOTHING? Are you sure about that? :laugh:

So, Tyrion will run things and Bran will take the credit.

Sounds like same old same old.

Sansa has actually grown into a strong, competent woman. She'll do well.
Tyrion will run the day to day government
Bran seems to be the one to make the major decisions

Bran sees the past. There is nothing in his history so far that shows he knows how to make effective policy decisions for millions of people.
He has seen ALL of the past. He knows everything that ever happened, so he can see what went wrong. He knows the trickle down effect of every good and bad decision ever made and how it effected every individual person in the realm. Id say that qualifies him more than anyone.

That doesn't make him prescient.

Bran sees the past. There is nothing in his history so far that shows he knows how to make effective policy decisions for millions of people.
And Dragon Lady Does?
I’ll take a Three Eyed Raven any day

I was never a Daenarys fan. Her tyrant tendencies were apparent early on.

Making this about specific people and personalities is flawed. Unless Westeros develops a constitution-bill of rights with a limited government based on the consent of the governed, the tendency of corrupt people to be the ones who crave power the most will just result in a new Game of Thrones tournament.

Yeah, just like the Roman Republic ensured there would never be hereditary emperors....oh, wait.
Their emperors had ambition
Bran does not

Judging from her mindset in the books, it's really only a matter of time til she's swept off her feet by some handsome suitor and becomes just a figurehead ruler.
Nothing keeping her from marrying Tyrion again.

They are technically still married.

He has seen ALL of the past. He knows everything that ever happened, so he can see what went wrong. He knows the trickle down effect of every good and bad decision ever made and how it effected every individual person in the realm. Id say that qualifies him more than anyone.

That doesn't make him prescient.
He can see the future as well.

Apparently the dragon felt pretty much the same as me about Danny T: she looks good enough to eat.

Who is feeding all these soldiers? Dothraki's, Unsullied? Where do they poop?

WHo provided Danny with the fresh set of clothes for the pre-coronation activities? Obviously custom-made.

How did everybody know that Jon knifed Danny? Why wouldn't he just tell everyone that she took off with the dragon for who knows where?

How is Arya going to survive in the wilderness? Fruits and berries? Is she knocked up?

Who arranged the chairs for the final summit meeting?

Who re-built the fucking wall? Wasn't it sort-of destroyed by the zombie dragon a few weeks ago?

Was Jon violating his orders when he went north of the wall with the savages?

What is the point of the wall when there are no more enemies up there? Doesn't that make the Night Watch sort of superfluous?

Is Winter really coming? How would we know?

Why do they assume Bran can't reproduce? His legs are inoperative, but maybe his repro organs are still fine.

If I didn't know better I'd think this is just a stupid, made-up story.

Who is feeding all these soldiers? Dothraki's, Unsullied? Where do they poop?

WHo provided Danny with the fresh set of clothes for the pre-coronation activities? Obviously custom-made.

How did everybody know that Jon knifed Danny? Why wouldn't he just tell everyone that she took off with the dragon for who knows where?

How is Arya going to survive in the wilderness? Fruits and berries? Is she knocked up?

Who arranged the chairs for the final summit meeting?

Who re-built the fucking wall? Wasn't it sort-of destroyed by the zombie dragon a few weeks ago?

Was Jon violating his orders when he went north of the wall with the savages?

What is the point of the wall when there are no more enemies up there? Doesn't that make the Night Watch sort of superfluous?

Why do they assume Bran can't reproduce? His legs are inoperative, but maybe his repro organs are still fine.

If I didn't know better I'd think this is just a stupid, made-up story.
1) Dothraki are expert hunters.

2) Maybe she already had it made months ago?

3) because you KNOW that boyscout Jon Snow immediately told the truth like a dummy.

4) Arya isnt in the wilderness; shes on a ship heading west.

5) i have no idea.

6) That wall scene at the end was at "Castle Black", which is very far from the "Eastwatch" section that came down.

7) Yes.

8) I wondered the same thing myself.

9) I assume that the normal weather cycles in Westeros will resume now that the Night King is dead.

10) Might be tough to get a boner with no feeling down there.

I thought only 2 or 3 Dothraki returned from the ill conceived attack on the Army of the Dead? WTF
I know, and there were a lot more unsullied than i expected too. There were only 10,000 of them in the beginning and theyve fought MANY battles. Many died when the masters turned the populous against them, let alone in the battle against the white walkers.

was anyone not entertained?

all in all, the show is superb in its entirety and way better than most series today and I would probably have given it a solid ten out of ten had the ending not been so rushed.

p.s. Daenerys Targaryen becoming a white walker and marrying their king would have been quite an ending:19:

The amount of complaining about the final season is laughable.

For 7 seasons there were twists and turns. In 6 episodes all those varied story lines had to be completed.

GoT is still, hands down, my favorite TV series. Epics in scale, and beautifully shot.

In the final shots they showed a sprig of grass growing north of the wall so I think that was the signal that winter was over.

Isn't the lore that the NK brought the long winters?

While I hated how rushed the final season, I thought they nailed the ending

Dany and Jon sharing leadership would have been a happily ever after ending....lame
Sansa is a snotty little bitch and would be just as bad
Arya deserved it but can’t stay in one place
Cersei winning in the end would have caused outrage
Tyrion ends up running things after all

Creepy Bran was a good choice

Dany and Jon sharing leadership would have been a happily ever after ending....lame

All of this smells of them bringing some of it back in 5 years or so. I know they are going to do prequels, But I can see a 5 episode limited series (like they are doing with Chernobyl) catching up on Westeros 5-10 years later.

Jon with a wilding family north of the wall to keep the Targaryen line going
Sansa in Winterfell dealing with the Ironborn (we all know they will go back to reaving)
The Imp dealing with petty Westeros politics (and probably Dorne wanting to split off)
Arya returning from the West.

I am making my prediction now, if this does happen, something will cause them to seek out Jon North of the Wall and ask him back for some great fight/battle.

All of this smells of them bringing some of it back in 5 years or so. I know they are going to do prequels, But I can see a 5 episode limited series (like they are doing with Chernobyl) catching up on Westeros 5-10 years later.

Jon with a wilding family north of the wall to keep the Targaryen line going
Sansa in Winterfell dealing with the Ironborn (we all know they will go back to reaving)
The Imp dealing with petty Westeros politics (and probably Dorne wanting to split off)
Arya returning from the West.

I am making my prediction now, if this does happen, something will cause them to seek out Jon North of the Wall and ask him back for some great fight/battle.

Supposedly they are looking at one prequel set a thousand years before and a bunch of sequels

Arya playing Marco Polo looks good

Forum List

Back