4K TVs

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Does anyone have one of these?

I'm looking at buying a Samsung QLED. The guy at Best Buy said yesterday that you only get the clarity of the high resolution if the channels broadcast in 4K. That's fine, but I'm worried about what the non-4K channels look like. For example, when HDTV came out, the regular channels looked awful.

I'm wanting to know if the non-4K channels on a 4K TV suck, or if they look like HDTV? They showed me a picture that was run in on a coaxial cable, and it didn't look all that bad. But before I lay out several thousand dollars on this thing, I want to know that it doesn't suck.

I'm looking at buying a Samsung QLED. The guy at Best Buy said yesterday that you only get the clarity of the high resolution if the channels broadcast in 4K. That's fine, but I'm worried about what the non-4K channels look like. For example, when HDTV came out, the regular channels looked awful.

I'm wanting to know if the non-4K channels on a 4K TV suck, or if they look like HDTV? They showed me a picture that was run in on a coaxial cable, and it didn't look all that bad. But before I lay out several thousand dollars on this thing, I want to know that it doesn't suck.
i just bought a TCL Roku 4K HDR 55"......i havent had the 4K activated yet...several thousand dollars?.....are you investing in the company or just buying a TV?....

You can go to the Salvation Army and pick up any old piece of junk and hook it up to make you dumb.

What the hell. .. .

4K is just for 4K discs and a few streaming movies. Regular TV doesn’t broadcast in 4K.

But you can tell the difference.

4K is just for 4K discs and a few streaming movies. Regular TV doesn’t broadcast in 4K.

But you can tell the difference.
And you’ll need to buy a 4K DVD player. Not just one that increases resolution to 4K, but a player that plays 4K movies.

As bad as some of these TV personalities look in HD, I would hate to think how wretched they would appear in 4K

Forum List

Back