Game of the Thrones disappointment: Two stabs with a dagger and it's all over...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...the whole "Song of Fire & Ice" thing ended in disappointment.

All it took was one stab of a dagger and the entire undead army fell apart.

All it took was one stab of a dagger and Dani's entire army fell apart.

Makes you wonder, after eight years of death and destruction, why no one thought to do this before it all even started.

Makes you wonder, after eight years of death and destruction, why no one thought to do this before it all even started.

There's an interesting if not seriously annoying carryover trope at play here from modern zombie fiction. It's the theme that the shambling dead can never be as dangerous to mankind as man is to himself. Unfortunately, GoT followed this disappointing genre trope to a T. IMHO the white walkers should have been the greatest threat to the world of men. Instead, they turned out to be mere window dressing.

Everyone was trying to kill Daenerys since she was a little girl.... and you rooted against them... now you're all grumpy and want to lash out...

Last edited:
Yeah, I often wondered why the Hawk army didn't just fly Frodo all the way from the Shire over the Pit of Mt. Doom and save us the entire three novels and after, the three movies. . .

. . . or in the first Star Wars. . . why did the Death Star wait to round Yavin to try to blow up the moon? Why not just demolish Yavin, and then the moon?

No more rebels, no more rebellion. End of series.

The writers on these things just make it all up as they go along, seriously.

There's an interesting if not seriously annoying carryover trope at play here from modern zombie fiction. It's the theme that the shambling dead can never be as dangerous to mankind as man is to himself. Unfortunately, GoT followed this disappointing genre trope to a T. IMHO the white walkers should have been the greatest threat to the world of men. Instead, they turned out to be mere window dressing.

I don't know... To me, while the white Walkers were always a big danger, the show was about the fighting between the people. The white walkers were always a secondary threat to me for the show, more to advance the plot than to be the center of it. You don't feel anything about the white walkers. That's why it's less satisfying and makes for a lesser primary enemy.

As for the show ending too quickly. I guess. It was funny how 6 seasons in everyone was joking that Khaleesi would never cross the sea... Then when the pace picks up for the final year, people don't like that either.

Forum List

Back