Gallup has McCain up by 3

Guess nobody wants to touch this?

I'm waiting until the final numbers come out tomorrow before I state anything on this matter.

CNN still has Obama up by a point in their poll of polls (including the Gallup).

I'm waiting until the final numbers come out tomorrow before I state anything on this matter.

CNN still has Obama up by a point in their poll of polls (including the Gallup).

Why are you waiting until tomorrow to comment on today's numbers ?

Why are you waiting until tomorrow to comment on today's numbers ?

Well if I were to comment on these numbers, it's purely a convention bump.

I want to see a few weeks from now when the glow is off Sarah Palin and it's buckled down to the issues.

The debates just that got more bigger on both sides.

If you had bothered to finish reading the post and actually look at the link, you would have seen that I posted a spread (poll of polls). Gallup ahs McCain up by 3.

I have a feeling that you won't want to touch this tomorrow either. They are only going to get worse for you. Two points in one day over a spread is huge.

I want to see a few weeks from now when the glow is off Sarah Palin and it's buckled down to the issues.

wait until the election---things really heat up when it's for all the marbles.

I remember that Democrats were pretty stoked about that 3 point bounce that Obama got. McCain already has that.

If you had bothered to finish reading the post and actually look at the link, you would have seen that I posted a spread (poll of polls). Gallup ahs McCain up by 3.

I have a feeling that you won't want to touch this tomorrow either. They are only going to get worse for you. Two points in one day over a spread is huge.

If it's the day before election day and this happening then I'd be majorly worried.

For now? Not so much.

Though two points in one day over a spread is huge. And yes I did bother finish reading your post. I was just stating why I'm not in panic mode.

And another thing, I think at this point that the VP debate seems to be more important then the Presidental debate.

We already know everything about Barack Obama and John McCain. It's the wildcard of Sarah Palin and how she'll be able to answer questions unscripted and off the cuff that will interest people.

I wouldn't honestly be surprised if it will get higher ratings then any of the Presidental debates.

If the Republicans are up big after the debates, then I think the Democrats are in big trouble.

Last edited:
And another thing, I think at this board that the VP debate seems to be more important then the Presidental debate.

We already know everything about Barack Obama and John McCain. It's the wildcard of Sarah Palin and how she'll be able to answer questions unscripted and off the cuff that will interest people.

I wouldn't honestly be surprised if it will get higher ratings then any of the Presidental debates.

If the Republicans are up big after the debates, then I think the Democrats are in big trouble.

Updated, look again.

Gallup Daily: McCain Moves Ahead, 48% to 45%

Ok, I really doubt that it switched over 10+ points between the Democrat and Republican convention. I could believe a couple points but not 10+.

USA Gallup and Gallup are two different polls, conducted differently. The spread is where the real info is.

USA Gallup and Gallup are two different polls, conducted differently. The spread is where the real info is.

Now that summer is over and both conventions have been held, people are paying more attention.

Here is some more information on the sample.

In the new poll, taken Friday through Sunday, McCain leads Obama by 54%-44% among those seen as most likely to vote. The survey of 1,022 adults, including 959 registered voters, has a margin of error of +/— 3 points for both samples.

Where are all those democrats and liberals that just yesterday were crowing Obama was ahead in the polls again? Ohh ya, I forgot, when Obama is a head the polls are important, when McCain is ahead, they are meaningless.

Silly me.

Forum List

Back