Gag order put on Trump by Judge in his fraud trial.

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Gag order put on Trump by Judge in

The judge overseeing a civil trial accusing former President Donald Trump and his company of fraud imposed a gag order Tuesday, after the former president posted a disparaging social media post about one of the judge’s clerks.
Trump listed her name, claimed that she is Senator Chuck Schumer's girlfriend, posted her phone, a link to her Instagram account, and demanded that his case be dismissed because of her.

This puts a target on the clerk by MAGA supporters. I hope the MAGA thus do not make her life miserable. If they do Trump will have a new defamation suit costing hi if he has any money left.

While it is a limited gag order and applies to all the Parties (a limitation which makes it less reprehensible), I still think the judge is overstepping the bounds.

Frankly, it is of no actual significance if Trump criticizes the judge’s law Secretary. Therefore, even a slight crimping of his right to free speech shouldn’t be acceptable.

Otoh, I don’t think it will matter much. It is simply another “tell” that the Prima Donna judge is in over his head.

The judge overseeing a civil trial accusing former President Donald Trump and his company of fraud imposed a gag order Tuesday, after the former president posted a disparaging social media post about one of the judge’s clerks.
Trump listed her name, claimed that she is Senator Chuck Schumer's girlfriend, posted her phone, a link to her Instagram account, and demanded that his case be dismissed because of her.

This puts a target on the clerk by MAGA supporters. I hope the MAGA thus do not make her life miserable. If they do Trump will have a new defamation suit costing hi if he has any money left.

I'm so glad to hear that the judge has imposed a gag order on Trump! He's been using his platform to spread misinformation and lies for far too long, and this will finally put a stop to it.

there are trolls in this board and elsewhere spreading Trump's lie that the judge "tossed 80% of the case".
I hope that this will also help to restore some faith in the justice system, which has been badly damaged by Trump's constant attacks.

This gag order is a victory for democracy and for the truth. It shows that no one is above the law, not even the former president. I hope that this will serve as a warning to other politicians who are tempted to abuse their power and spread lies.

Fact:

"The decision by Judge Arthur Engoron, announced about a day and a half into the trial, came soon after Trump posted on social media about a staffer for the judge and included a picture of the person." - NYT

325867604_738478480713428_2092643009947266021_n.jpg

From the OP:

The gag order came after Trump posted on Truth Social about one of Engoron’s clerks, calling her “Chuck Schumer’s girlfriend” and sharing a picture of her with the Senate majority leader along with a link to the clerk’s Instagram account.

The post was later removed, which the Associated Press notes came after Trump, his attorneys and the AG’s attorneys had a closed-door meeting during the trial’s lunch break.

Engoron said he ordered the post to be deleted, but it was viewed by “millions of people” first, Law360 reports.

Is Trump retarded or just insane?

While it is a limited gag order and applies to all the Parties (a limitation which makes it less reprehensible), I still think the judge is overstepping the bounds.

Frankly, it is of no actual significance if Trump criticizes the judge’s law Secretary. Therefore, even a slight crimping of his right to free speech shouldn’t be acceptable.

Otoh, I don’t think it will matter much. It is simply another “tell” that the Prima Donna judge is in over his head.
Another win for the good guys.

trump-duct-tape.jpg

Forum List

Back