Gabby Giffords Asks, ‘Is it Safe To Send Our Kids To School?’

Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has begged for politicians to take action on the “gun violence epidemic” in the wake of the Florida school shooting on Wednesday, calling on voters, in an emotional tweet storm, to act to force change.
·
·
·[/iindent]She and her husband, Mark Kelly, have been prominent voices for gun control since that 2011 shooting.​

F•••ing hypocrites, she and her husband. They want to impose restrictions on us,“the little people”, while considering themselves to be above such restrictions.

Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak - Breitbart
Did Mark Kelly Break The Law With His AR-15 Purchase? - Freedom Outpost

Giffords.png

Only a left wrong-wing cretin gives either of them any credence.​

Damn, that's some crazy shit. Try taking a bullet in the head before you criticize her.

Shooting a leftard in the head is futile because their brain is tiny.....you could cause more damage by shooting them in the knee. The shooting of Gabby Giffords was another false flag event anyway.

I'm placing you on permanent ignore. Then, I'm contacting federal authorities about you.

LMAO! Knock yourself out!!!!

Let me get this right. A Rachel Maddow fan gets booted from a school for inappropriate threats and attempts at homosexual sex and the FBI is not notified by the school? Not that the FBI would be interested in anything other than what democrats tell them.

How the fuck in this day and age is there not a security guard (not an affirmative action slob you see at CVS at midnight, a real, armed American citizen) at public schools entrances is funny. Meanwhile the qu33rs are xraying American citizens at airports.

I think the problem is access. If there were a security guard and one entrance and no access anywhere else, they could have a metal detector and an armed security force. Security officials would be able to profile and search students before they enter. It's either that or arm every teacher and school official.

5a84df812100003800601441.jpeg

The former congresswoman, who was wounded in 2011, tweets in the wake of the Florida shooting that “American voters must” take action.

Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has begged for politicians to take action on the “gun violence epidemic” in the wake of the Florida school shooting on Wednesday, calling on voters, in an emotional tweet storm, to act to force change.

Giffords, who represented Arizona’s 8th District from 2007 to 2012, was shot in the head in an assassination attempt at an event north of Tucson in 2011. She was left with extensive injuries. Six people were killed and 13 others were wounded in the shooting.

She and her husband, Mark Kelly, have been prominent voices for gun control since that 2011 shooting. In the wake of the Las Vegas Strip shooting last October, Kelly said that, “until we seriously accept this — and the people in that building [the Capitol] accept this — as a serious public health crisis, we will have other mass shootings like this.”

On Wednesday, as authorities confirmed at least 17 people had died in the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, northwest of Fort Lauderdale, Giffords posted a series of tweets calling for politicians to reform America’s gun laws.

In her tweets, Giffords took aim at “defenders of the status quo” in politics and the firearm industry who attempt to blame such mass shootings on factors besides the availability of guns. She said that it was possible to prevent future tragedies occurring, criticizing politicians who “vote against our safety.”

More: Gabby Giffords Asks, ‘Is it Safe To Send Our Kids To School?’

Good question. I don't know. Does anyone have an answer? Most parents can't or won't homeschool, plus kids need the social interaction that comes from organized schools. I'm sure we can all agree that we want school children to be safe.

She should keep her kids home, also she shouldn’t allow them to drive until they reach the age of 25, studies have proven those under 25 are lot higher risk of accidents due to the slow development in the brain of young people.

Better not to live life than take any risk. Be safe everyone.

There are approximately 74 million students in the US in the range of Pre-K through 12th grade. How many students were killed by guns in all of 2017? 20? A search turns up a few articles and one Wikipedia article that lists 9 kids killed by guns in all of 2017.

School shootings in the United States - Wikipedia

9/74,000,000 * 100 = 1.22e-06 percent of the students in our country were killed by a gun. that is 0.0000122%.

Giffords is not only wrong but a lying piece of shit. Our children are in more danger from men pretending to be women in women's bathrooms.

This entire thread, not one person lamented the 104 people who have died on our nation's roads today. Or the 104 the day before that, or the day before that, or every day for the past 10 years.

How many kids were killed? How many parents cried?
5a84b8d62000003900eaee8c.jpeg
Post as many pictures as you want of people I don’t know crying - it won’t make a difference to me. I refuse to surrender my constitutional rights. Like everything in this world, liberty has a cost. All of this wouldn’t be an issue if the left hadn’t created “gun free” victim zones.

For those who say oh I need my pistol to stop a tyrannic governent.....let me say HAHAHAHAHA. And the government has you by the balls anyway.
Thank you for clearly illustrating how the left has trampled all over our constitutional rights. If the 2nd Amendment had been protected and upheld as intended, we would be on even-footing with the U.S. government in terms of arms.

Go see how countries live in peace and their kids dont get massacred.
For those who ignorantly and idiotically say “go see how countries live in peace”..... let me say “go live there then”. The U.S. isn’t for pussies. And you are clearly a pussy.

·
·
·​
She and her husband, Mark Kelly, have been prominent voices for gun control since that 2011 shooting.

F•••ing hypocrites, she and her husband. They want to impose restrictions on us,“the little people”, while considering themselves to be above such restrictions.

Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak - Breitbart
Did Mark Kelly Break The Law With His AR-15 Purchase? - Freedom Outpost

Giffords.png

Only a left wrong-wing cretin gives either of them any credence.

Gabby Giffords is correct to question the safety of our kids when sending them to school. I agree.... they are NOT safe. Violence is out of control. Guns are just one of many means. What changed in 40 years where students brought guns to school because they went hunting before and / or after school?

There has been a culture shift away from personal accountability of students. The focus is on identity politics.

As goes all the shootings, unless and until they start happening at schools like Episcopal, Foxcroft, Madeira, Lawrence, "St. Grottlesex," and other "first tier" elite schools, the members gathered at an event hosted at an elite country/social clubs, and other incidents aimed at soft-targets of the "rich and very powerful," the only thing we're going to see and hear pertaining to school shootings is "oh, I'm so sorry" and other forms of lip service. Once it's kids of C-level (or nearly so) execs, diplomats, foreign royals, very high-powered lawyers, etc. getting plucked off by a gunman, the rhetoric of "it's not the gun's fault" will fall on deaf ears because such folks are not going to cotton to the notion that their kids whom they sent to bucolic institutions in the "middle of nowhere" should have to wear kevlar vests along with their blazers, button-downs and chinos as they make their way to the dining hall to choose among surf 'n' turf, halibut fillets, roast duck, braised pork roast or whatever other "white tablecloth" offerings ~$30K/year (per kid) allows the school to prepare.

High School Dining Room

College Dining Room (two schools)

dining_hall_3.jpg

95720100_1507234471.jpg
Oh wow...another progressive rant about wealth and success. So you hate people who have more than you? Shocking.

Wow, that's some heavy stuff.
It’s only “heavy” for the limited intellect. See, for starters, God doesn’t do “collective salvation” (He rejects idiot collectivism as any intelligent life form does). So the only people who need “mercy” on their souls are the maniacs who pulled the trigger.

The rest of us NRA supporters are just fine in God’s eyes!

Wow, that's some heavy stuff.
It’s only “heavy” for the limited intellect. See, for starters, God doesn’t do “collective salvation” (He rejects idiot collectivism as any intelligent life form does). So the only people who need “mercy” on their souls are the maniacs who pulled the trigger.

The rest of us NRA supporters are just fine in God’s eyes!

There ain't no God, sparky. Sky Daddy only exists in weak minds - like Mike Pence.

I agree. I was born and raised here. I have watched it get progressively worse over the years to the current shithole it has become.
Everything gets worse with progressivism. Progressivism promotes selfishness, promiscuity, homosexuality, the complete and total rejection of God, and worse. And then these immoral Neanderthals (who believe they are “enlightened”) sit around and wonder why their children are so disturbed and committing mass homicides. Gee...I don’t know. Maybe because mommy is getting railed six-ways from Sunday by a dozen men per week while daddy and progressives sit by and applaud. What could possibly go wrong with that?
Consider the upswing in open marriages. In a recent edition of The Chronicle Review, Carrie Ichikawa Jenkins, a British-Canadian philosopher, argues that polygamy should be normalized. Jenkins practices polygamy (which she calls “polyamory”) with her husband, Jonathan Jenkins Ichikawa, and her boyfriend, Ray Hsu. She argues that polygamy is a moral way of life, with open marriages consisting of nothing more than ethical individuals being faithful to their multiple true loves.

Polygamy, Robot Sex Are Consequences of the Sexual Revolution

Go see how countries live in peace and their kids dont get massacred.
For those who ignorantly and idiotically say “go see how countries live in peace”..... let me say “go live there then”. The U.S. isn’t for pussies. And you are clearly a pussy.
pussies are those that need gun to feel safe. paranoid much? in terms of deaths and homicides the US ranks up there with Honduras, Iraq, Afghanistan ....are you proud of that Mr Rambo?

Forum List

Back