Gabby Giffords Asks, ‘Is it Safe To Send Our Kids To School?’

Too many crazies in this country. I heard it before I came here and god I didn' know it was this bad.

This just in from the GOP: "We offer our sincere....yada, yada, jada..whatever, ...condolences, ......loved ones, ...prayers......etc. etc. :"tragedy... sad... dems. never let a tragedy go to waste, ...it is all Obama's fault.

Too many crazies in this country. I heard it before I came here and god I didn' know it was this bad.

I agree. I was born and raised here. I have watched it get progressively worse over the years to the current shithole it has become. It parallels how our government has deteriorated to the current shithole it has become. Our spineless leaders are owned and controlled by big money.

This just in from the GOP: "We offer our sincere....yada, yada, jada..whatever, ...condolences, ......loved ones, ...prayers......etc. etc. :"tragedy... sad... dems. never let a tragedy go to waste, ...it is all Obama's fault.

Yep, same ole thoughts and prayers bullshit - and blame Obama.

4b2290b68e3d684e7b805ddc9267e584--political-quotes-political-satire.jpg

f73995df6d7dba7adf2e9ffc89e4717a--political-topics-political-issues.jpg

Democrats are trying to wiggle out of this being their fault.

I'm of a firm mind that if the Left isn't somehow planning and laying the groundwork for orchestrating these events,. they are secretly behind closed doors applauding them as a tool to keep the anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric up in order to try to force their hatred of private gun ownership forward in the hopes of getting an eventual gun ban.

Democrats are trying to wiggle out of this being their fault.

I'm of a firm mind that if the Left isn't somehow planning and laying the groundwork for orchestrating these events,. they are secretly behind closed doors applauding them as a tool to keep the anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric up in order to try to force their hatred of private gun ownership forward in the hopes of getting an eventual gun ban.

It is true, toob. All the paranoids have gathered together and are planning to get you!

As goes all the shootings, unless and until they start happening at schools like Episcopal, Foxcroft, Madeira, Lawrence, "St. Grottlesex," and other "first tier" elite schools, the members gathered at an event hosted at an elite country/social clubs, and other incidents aimed at soft-targets of the "rich and very powerful," the only thing we're going to see and hear pertaining to school shootings is "oh, I'm so sorry" and other forms of lip service. Once it's kids of C-level (or nearly so) execs, diplomats, foreign royals, very high-powered lawyers, etc. getting plucked off by a gunman, the rhetoric of "it's not the gun's fault" will fall on deaf ears because such folks are not going to cotton to the notion that their kids whom they sent to bucolic institutions in the "middle of nowhere" should have to wear kevlar vests along with their blazers, button-downs and chinos as they make their way to the dining hall to choose among surf 'n' turf, halibut fillets, roast duck, braised pork roast or whatever other "white tablecloth" offerings ~$30K/year (per kid) allows the school to prepare.

High School Dining Room

College Dining Room (two schools)

dining_hall_3.jpg

95720100_1507234471.jpg

I agree. I was born and raised here. I have watched it get progressively worse over the years to the current shithole it has become. It parallels how our government has deteriorated to the current shithole it has become. Our spineless leaders are owned and controlled by big money.
Too many people that live detached from reality I'm still appalled. Add to that the drugs, the culture is not looking good honestly.

5a84df812100003800601441.jpeg

The former congresswoman, who was wounded in 2011, tweets in the wake of the Florida shooting that “American voters must” take action.

Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has begged for politicians to take action on the “gun violence epidemic” in the wake of the Florida school shooting on Wednesday, calling on voters, in an emotional tweet storm, to act to force change.

Giffords, who represented Arizona’s 8th District from 2007 to 2012, was shot in the head in an assassination attempt at an event north of Tucson in 2011. She was left with extensive injuries. Six people were killed and 13 others were wounded in the shooting.

She and her husband, Mark Kelly, have been prominent voices for gun control since that 2011 shooting. In the wake of the Las Vegas Strip shooting last October, Kelly said that, “until we seriously accept this — and the people in that building [the Capitol] accept this — as a serious public health crisis, we will have other mass shootings like this.”

On Wednesday, as authorities confirmed at least 17 people had died in the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, northwest of Fort Lauderdale, Giffords posted a series of tweets calling for politicians to reform America’s gun laws.

In her tweets, Giffords took aim at “defenders of the status quo” in politics and the firearm industry who attempt to blame such mass shootings on factors besides the availability of guns. She said that it was possible to prevent future tragedies occurring, criticizing politicians who “vote against our safety.”

More: Gabby Giffords Asks, ‘Is it Safe To Send Our Kids To School?’

Good question. I don't know. Does anyone have an answer? Most parents can't or won't homeschool, plus kids need the social interaction that comes from organized schools. I'm sure we can all agree that we want school children to be safe.
Statistically, your child is safe at school, at least for shootings.
Over the last 13 years 112 students died in school shootings in the US out of a total or 74.6 million students in grades K-12. This means the chance of a student being killed in a school shooting during their time in grades k-12 is 1 in 548,000 or put another away, the chance of a student dying in a shooting in a school year is 1 chance in 7.1 million. Put another way, your child is 10 times as likely to be hit by lightening than to die in a school shooting.

That said, some crimes are so terrible, that we are willing to go to extraordinary efforts to prevent them. I personally think this is one of those crimes.

Sen. Chris Murphy: Mass Shootings Are Congress’ Fault

“We are responsible for a level of mass atrocity that happens in this country with zero parallel anywhere else.”

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) addressed his colleagues on Wednesday after a shooter opened fire at a South Florida high school, leaving at least 17 people dead.

Murphy, a fierce gun control advocate who had just been elected to the Senate when the Sandy Hook massacre took place in his home state, blamed congressional inaction for the events that unfolded in Parkland, Florida.

“This happens nowhere else other than the United States of America,” he said. “Thisepidemic of mass slaughter ... it only happens here not because of coincidence, not because of bad luck, but as a consequence of our inaction.”

Pointing to himself and his colleagues, he continued, “We are responsible for a level of mass atrocity that happens in this country with zero parallel anywhere else.”

More: Sen. Chris Murphy: Mass Shootings Are Congress' Fault | HuffPost

I agree! It's up to Congress to take the lead. Trump could help - but he won't.

Murphy? From the same state that gave us Sandy Hoax? BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

“We are responsible for a level of mass atrocity that happens in this country with zero parallel anywhere else.”

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) addressed his colleagues on Wednesday after a shooter opened fire at a South Florida high school, leaving at least 17 people dead.

Murphy, a fierce gun control advocate who had just been elected to the Senate when the Sandy Hook massacre took place in his home state, blamed congressional inaction for the events that unfolded in Parkland, Florida.

“This happens nowhere else other than the United States of America,” he said. “Thisepidemic of mass slaughter ... it only happens here not because of coincidence, not because of bad luck, but as a consequence of our inaction.”

Pointing to himself and his colleagues, he continued, “We are responsible for a level of mass atrocity that happens in this country with zero parallel anywhere else.”

Murphy? From the same state that gave us Sandy Hoax? BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sandy Hoax? That may be funny to a NaziCon moron like you - but that is pure evil. Tell that to the parents of the dead Sandy Hook children. You're much scummier that I imagined.

5a84b8d62000003900eaee8c.jpeg

Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has begged for politicians to take action on the “gun violence epidemic” in the wake of the Florida school shooting on Wednesday, calling on voters, in an emotional tweet storm, to act to force change.
·
·
·[/iindent]She and her husband, Mark Kelly, have been prominent voices for gun control since that 2011 shooting.​

F•••ing hypocrites, she and her husband. They want to impose restrictions on us,“the little people”, while considering themselves to be above such restrictions.

Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak - Breitbart
Did Mark Kelly Break The Law With His AR-15 Purchase? - Freedom Outpost

Giffords.png

Only a left wrong-wing cretin gives either of them any credence.​

Damn, that's some crazy shit. Try taking a bullet in the head before you criticize her.

Shooting a leftard in the head is futile because their brain is tiny.....you could cause more damage by shooting them in the knee. The shooting of Gabby Giffords was another false flag event anyway.

·
·
·[/iindent]She and her husband, Mark Kelly, have been prominent voices for gun control since that 2011 shooting.​

F•••ing hypocrites, she and her husband. They want to impose restrictions on us,“the little people”, while considering themselves to be above such restrictions.

Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak - Breitbart
Did Mark Kelly Break The Law With His AR-15 Purchase? - Freedom Outpost

Giffords.png

Only a left wrong-wing cretin gives either of them any credence.​

Damn, that's some crazy shit. Try taking a bullet in the head before you criticize her.

Shooting a leftard in the head is futile because their brain is tiny.....you could cause more damage by shooting them in the knee. The shooting of Gabby Giffords was another false flag event anyway.

I'm placing you on permanent ignore. Then, I'm contacting federal authorities about you.

Sandy Hoax? That may be funny to a NaziCon moron like you - but that is pure evil. Tell that to the parents of the dead Sandy Hook children. You're much scummier that I imagined.

5a84b8d62000003900eaee8c.jpeg

I have talked with Lenny Pozner and he bailed.......just like he bailed when it came his time to give his deposition when he sued Wolfgang Halbig.....sucks to be you.

Im fucking sick of kids killing kids ... FUCKING SICK OF IT.

Forum List

Back