G_d, why kat?

Abbey Normal said:
If your faith isn't anyone;s business, then neither is Nienna's to you. Yet you used it to be totally direspectful to her.

Nienna has put her religion on the line, Jill hasn't. And last I looked Jillian hasn't dissed any religion, Nienna intentionally or unintentionally did. (BTW, I think Nienna is not a malicious person, too)...

Abbey Normal said:
I will reiterate: why so secretive? If you are going to foray into religious discussions, criticizing others, it would seem necessary at a minimum to tell us what your beliefs are.

If she started the criticism, sure...thing is, she didn't....

Abbey Normal said:
I see also that you always post "invisibly" on the board; perhaps you think all this gives you some advantage. In fact, all it does is make you appear disingenuous.

I know what you mean...it'd be like, say, starting invisible threads that only certain people can see so they can gossip about other posters behind their backs....;)

Abbey Normal said:
If your faith isn't anyone;s business, then neither is Nienna's to you. Yet you used it to be totally direspectful to her.

She made her faith my business. I don't recall ever telling anyone their comments on a thread were unwelcome because they weren't of a particular faith. And if she says something like she did, I have every right to comment.

If you are going to claim more trustworthy knowledge, you need to explain how it is that you came by it. It's no different than demanding links from others, which I know you have done.

So read what I say, or don't... no skin off my nose.

I will reiterate: why so secretive? If you are going to foray into religious discussions, criticizing others, it would seem necessary at a minimum to tell us what your beliefs are. I see also that you always post "invisibly" on the board; perhaps you think all this gives you some advantage. In fact, all it does is make you appear disingenuous.

And it's your business because...... ?

Please take this as a serious question, not a challenge... Jillian, Dr. Grump, will you please explain exactly how my comments were disparaging to all those of Jewish faith/ethnicity?

Abbey Normal said:

If you are going to claim more trustworthy knowledge, you need to explain how it is that you came by it. It's no different than demanding links from others, which I know you have done.

I will reiterate: why so secretive? If you are going to foray into religious discussions, criticizing others, it would seem necessary at a minimum to tell us what your beliefs are. I see also that you always post "invisibly" on the board; perhaps you think all this gives you some advantage. In fact, all it does is make you appear disingenuous.

Jillian's a jew. We've established this on other threads. Jews feel they can dictate the beliefs and opinions of others. ANd they're secretive. Nevermind that THEIR religion advocates religious theocracy; they feel they can accuse others of that endlessly. It's called PROJECTION.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
Psychological projection (or projection bias) is a defence mechanism in which one attributes ("projects") to others, one’s own unacceptable or unwanted thoughts or/and emotions. Projection reduces anxiety by allowing the expression of the unwanted subconscious impulses/desires without letting the ego recognize them.

For a case study in projection perouse the Anti-Defamation League website, early and often.
http://www.adl.org/

5stringJeff said:

I don't feel like it.

Let's have jillian clear it all up for us. If she could just stop being a lying jew for one moment.

rtwngAvngr said:
I don't feel like it.

Let's have jillian clear it all up for us. If she could just stop being a lying jew for one moment.

Translation: there's no such post.

Calling someone a liar is a pretty big charge. You got a link for that one too? Or did the Big Jew Conspiracy erase the evidence?

5stringJeff said:

Calling someone a liar is a pretty big charge. You got a link for that one too? Or did the Big Jew Conspiracy erase the evidence?

Jillian could clear this all up, but she's too much of a coward. I don't feel like digging through posts to appease you. It's been confirmed to my satisfaction that she is a jew. Ask her.

rtwngAvngr said:
Jillian could clear this all up, but she's too much of a coward. I don't feel like digging through posts to appease you. It's been confirmed to my satisfaction that she is a jew. Ask her.

Translation: I made a baseless claim that I can't back up, but I won't ever ever ever admit it.

5stringJeff said:

Nope. There's no such post because I've never said WHAT my beliefs are. Bizarre that it's even of concern.

Nienna said:
Please take this as a serious question, not a challenge... Jillian, Dr. Grump, will you please explain exactly how my comments were disparaging to all those of Jewish faith/ethnicity?

de·file1 (dĭ-fīl')
tr.v., -filed, -fil·ing, -files.
To make filthy or dirty; pollute: defile a river with sewage.
To debase the pureness or excellence of; corrupt: a country landscape that was defiled by urban sprawl.
To profane or sully (a reputation, for example).
To make unclean or unfit for ceremonial use; desecrate: defile a temple.
To violate the chastity of.

http://www.answers.com/topic/defile

Get it now?

jillian said:
Nope. There's no such post because I've never said WHAT my beliefs are. Bizarre that it's even of concern.

What are you? I swear you said you were, if just by implication. I know I'm not psychic.

Nienna said:
I'm sorry, but I am honestly still not getting it. The word I used was "deface." And I still want to know how the comments were disparaging/disrespectful to Jews.

There aren't any comments that were disrespectful; only comments that weren't inline with her beliefs.

You actually had the nerve to disagree with her and back it up with facts and ideas that YOU believe.

Therefore, in The Gospel According to Jillian, you are wrong. Which makes you disrespectful.

How dare you have your own opinion and beliefs that are different than hers.

Nienna said:
I'm sorry, but I am honestly still not getting it. The word I used was "deface." And I still want to know how the comments were disparaging/disrespectful to Jews.

You're right, you did. My error.

deface, disfigure, blemish:

maul, mangle — injure badly by beating
scar, mark, pock, pit — mark with a scar

Yeah...much better. Far less offensive. :duh3:

GotZoom said:
There aren't any comments that were disrespectful; only comments that weren't inline with her beliefs.

You actually had the nerve to disagree with her and back it up with facts and ideas that YOU believe.

Therefore, in The Gospel According to Jillian, you are wrong. Which makes you disrespectful.

How dare you have your own opinion and beliefs that are different than hers.

:bsflag:

Forum List

Back