G_d, why kat?

jillian said:
And I believe mine are more true than yours. But I would never presume that you have no entry to heaven or that you are somehow bastardizing *my* faith.

Are you being obtuse? What am I sensing from you, Jill?

it's like this: Christianity believes it's exclusive in it's path to Christ/God. To allow that ANOTHER faith works just as well makes Christ a Liar, thus a Christian can't allow for it. See how that works? Stop knockin' her.

I don't need to know your level of knowledge on the subject because I DO know that whatever you learned about Judaism, you learned from other Christians in the context of the New Testament.

Arrogant bastard. Look man - you don't know what or from who Nienna learned ANYTHING.

I didn't. Hence my knowledge on the subject being more trustworthy than yours.

See above.

It is fine that *you* believe that. But that isn't what you said. You complained that Jews defaced His name.

I explained that to you, brother. Read above. It's NOT that complicated; are you just LOOKING for an argument?

But you ARE so very vested in your religion that you have trouble even accepting the possibility that others' beliefs are just as valid. I figure no one knows til we die and no one's come back to tell us.

If you think your path to heaven is just like ANYONE ELSES or EVERYONE elses, your faith is worthless. Why not have the OTHER faith? Why not just do faith-by-buffet? I already told you why Nienna believes her faith to be the ONE path to God.

See - here's how I see it. Some people have enough SACK to make a decision. You are lacking in sack. You want to be sure ALL your bases are covered 'just in case' your faith may be misplaced.

I'm here to tell you RIGHT NOW woman, I believe your faith IS misplaced. I stand FIRM in my faith and the truth I've found in Christ. I know Nienna would say the same. Christ proclaimed "HE" was the path to God, and nobody (regardless of how 'inclusive' their faith is) else is that path.

I give MUCH more respect for people with the stones to make a decision, and stand by it, than your spineless, whimpering, panty-wearing, PC, bullshit "there may be MANY paths! Who am I to say!?!".

:)

jillian said:
I don't need to know your level of knowledge on the subject because I DO know that whatever you learned about Judaism, you learned from other Christians in the context of the New Testament.

I didn't. Hence my knowledge on the subject being more trustworthy than yours.

Since your knowledge is so much more trustworthy (and by implication, superior) to Nienna's, how about telling us where you did learn it? Let's call it a... link, so to speak, for your claims of better knowledge. You can start here: Are you Jewish?

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
dmp said:
Are you being obtuse? What am I sensing from you, Jill?

it's like this: Christianity believes it's exclusive in it's path to Christ/God. To allow that ANOTHER faith works just as well makes Christ a Liar, thus a Christian can't allow for it. See how that works? Stop knockin' her.

Again, I have no problem with someone else believing that. My problem was with her disparaging the faith of others. It doesn't make Jesus a liar. It means I don't believe the men who wrote the gospels were divine or believe that Jesus is the messiah. No more, no less.

Arrogant bastard. Look man - you don't know what or from who Nienna learned ANYTHING.

I would be very surprised if she learned her Jewish history/theology from anyone who wasn't looking at it from a Christian pov or she wouldn't say what she said. And far more arrogant to think everyone else is going to hell and that an entire religion "defaced" the name of the Creator.

I explained that to you, brother. Read above. It's NOT that complicated; are you just LOOKING for an argument?

Again, I'm not the one, honey, who disparaged an entire belief system.

If you think your path to heaven is just like ANYONE ELSES or EVERYONE elses, your faith is worthless. Why not have the OTHER faith? Why not just do faith-by-buffet? I already told you why Nienna believes her faith to be the ONE path to God.

See - here's how I see it. Some people have enough SACK to make a decision. You are lacking in sack. You want to be sure ALL your bases are covered 'just in case' your faith may be misplaced.

I'm here to tell you RIGHT NOW woman, I believe your faith IS misplaced. I stand FIRM in my faith and the truth I've found in Christ. I know Nienna would say the same. Christ proclaimed "HE" was the path to God, and nobody (regardless of how 'inclusive' their faith is) else is that path.

I give MUCH more respect for people with the stones to make a decision, and stand by it, than your spineless, whimpering, panty-wearing, PC, bullshit "there may be MANY paths! Who am I to say!?!".

:)

My belief is that people's deeds get them to heaven, not a professed belief in a particular diety. Nor do I believe in Hell. So it isn't spineless OR PC...it's my belief.

Abbey Normal said:
Since your knowledge is so much more trustworthy (and by implication, superior) to Nienna's, how about telling us where you did learn it? Let's call it a... link, so to speak, for your claims of better knowledge. You can start here: Are you Jewish?

Ah...her attorney chimes in. Cute.

I can tell you that my knowledge didn't come from anyone who thinks Jews are going to hell or somehow defaced the divine, which automatically brings her sources into question.

jillian said:
Again, I have no problem with someone else believing that. My problem was with her disparaging the faith of others.

her quote was:

What a crock! Not that I am an antisemite, but the Jews were the ones who defaced God's name. He gave us His name so that we could identify Him and call on Him. He gave us His name with the intention that we would USE it. The ancient Jews made the decision that God's name was too holy to be used, and changed it. Thus, we no longer know the exact pronunciation of the name of our own God. IMO it was more disrespectful to disregard God's gift of intimacy than to utter or write His name. Why would He give us His name if He didn't intent for us to use it?

did the jews not change god's name?
if they did not, how is her opinion disparaging an entire set of beliefs?

if they did, can not one hold the opinion that for man to change the name of the creator is a tad bold and disrespectful?

or is free speach a one way street in your world?

manu1959 said:
i do not belive the creator is male......no man would go to this much trouble....plus it wouldn't be this imperfect.....only a woman would creat such an irrational illogical subjective mess as this :poke:

Might be true. Though I figure if that was the case, she'd have made men able to get pregnant, too. :poke:

manu1959 said:
is free speach a one way street in your world?

That's EXACTLY it. Bingo. You nailed it. She thrives on the extreme. She makes HUGE leaps in (fake)Logic and makes assumptions and declarations on those leaps. I really expected more.

jillian said:
Ah...her attorney chimes in. Cute.

I can tell you that my knowledge didn't come from anyone who thinks Jews are going to hell.

Well, thanks, I am rather cute. And not to worry, I'm sure Grumpster will be along to buttress your view any minute.

I knew that you wouldn't answer the question. You have made vague references to your "faith" since you've been here, but to my knowledge, have not once told us what that faith is. Why so secretive? Surely you are not ashamed of your religious beliefs? Or is it perhaps that you don't want others to use it against you, the way you used Nienna's against her?

jillian said:
Might be true. Though I figure if that was the case, she'd have made men able to get pregnant, too. :poke:

nah martyr factor....something to hold over the others head

Abbey Normal said:
Well, thanks, I am rather cute. And not to worry, I'm sure Grumpster will be along to buttress your view any minute.

I knew that you wouldn't answer the question. You have made vague references to your "faith" since you've been here, but to my knowledge, have not once told us what that faith is. Why so secretive? Surely you are not ashamed of your religious beliefs? Or is it perhaps that you don't want others to use it against you, the way you used Nienna's against her?

You may be cute. I wouldn't know. And given that we aren't buds, my faith isn't really any of your business.

What I try to be is respectful. And my ONLY point was that whether she meant to or not, Nienna's post WAS incredibly DIS-respectful.

jillian said:
You may be cute. I wouldn't know. And given that we aren't buds, my faith isn't really any of your business.

What I try to be is respectful. And my ONLY point was that whether she meant to or not, Nienna's post WAS incredibly DIS-respectful.

at the risk of not being respectful...you should try harder:poke: as pointing out people are rude is rude...as for me i don't give a flying f&^* i know i am an ass

jillian said:

If your faith isn't anyone;s business, then neither is Nienna's to you. Yet you used it to be totally direspectful to her.

If you are going to claim more trustworthy knowledge, you need to explain how it is that you came by it. It's no different than demanding links from others, which I know you have done.

I will reiterate: why so secretive? If you are going to foray into religious discussions, criticizing others, it would seem necessary at a minimum to tell us what your beliefs are. I see also that you always post "invisibly" on the board; perhaps you think all this gives you some advantage. In fact, all it does is make you appear disingenuous.

manu1959 said:
at the risk of not being respectful...you should try harder:poke: as pointing out people are rude is rude...as for me i don't give a flying f&^* i know i am an ass

I figure on a messageboard, I get to comment when someone is out of line, even if their being so is well-meaning. (And I do believe I said I didn't think there was anything malicioius behind her comment).

As for you knowing you're an ass, well, I sorta think that's intentional and meant to :poke:

But that's cool. You're also funny.

jillian said:

Miss Pot, meet Miss Kettle...

jillian said:
I figure on a messageboard, I get to comment when someone is out of line, even if their being so is well-meaning. (And I do believe I said I didn't think there was anything malicioius behind her comment).

As for you knowing you're an ass, well, I sorta think that's intentional and meant to :poke:

But that's cool. You're also funny.

like i said....it is coming across like opinions are a one way street in your world....being neither jew or christian....i find it odd that she challenges something and is condemend by you for speaking her mind and you .... reminds me of southpark and how issac hayes though it was cool to make fiun of religion till they made fun of his....

IMHO....everyone needs a thicker skin...

manu1959 said:
like i said....it is coming across like opinions are a one way street in your world....being neither jew or christian....i find it odd that she challenges something and is condemend by you for speaking her mind and you .... reminds me of southpark and how issac hayes though it was cool to make fiun of religion till they made fun of his....

IMHO....everyone needs a thicker skin...

Sometimes people speak their minds and don't realize what they sound like. But fair enough.

I don't often watch South Park, but my favorite one is the one where Kenny was in a coma and they were fighting over whether to keep him on life support or not because they couldn't find the last page of his Will.

jillian said:
Sometimes people speak their minds and don't realize what they sound like. But fair enough.

I don't often watch South Park, but my favorite one is the one where Kenny was in a coma and they were fighting over whether to keep him on life support or not because they couldn't find the last page of his Will.

Weird---Kat can type G_D and what do you know. G_d still gets blasted.:halo:

Forum List

Back