G Movies MORE Profitable Than R

Now about that "golden rule" you mentioned. I heard that for the younger generation, the "golden rule" is this: he who has the gold rules. Is that what you had in mind?

Heh, nah, I'm more of a traditional "golden rule" guy. :)

You know, though, it's funny you should say that. Maybe it's just the age group that I'm in now (early 20s) but it seems like everyone and everything around me is revolving around money. I'm finding that many of my friends are now judging people's merits by how much money they have. Like, for example, I heard a girl say the other night that Paris Hilton is her role model and I had trouble not laughing in her face and then mourning the state of my generation. Here's another conversation I had with one of my friends, also Paris related:

Me: Would you marry Paris Hilton?
Him: Hell yeah!
Me: Really?
Him: Yeah, she's rich as hell.
Me: Yeah, but... She's also a big spoiled whore.
Him: (seriously) I could deal with that, I'd just get her money and divorce her.

Everywhere you look on TV, all you see is "look how rich ____ is", and I have to assume it's mostly people my age supporting this kind of thing.

It just seems like everyone around me is entirely concerned with money, getting money, and how much money you have. Like I said, maybe it's just my age, but it seems like it's getting worse and worse.

Dan said:
Heh, nah, I'm more of a traditional "golden rule" guy. :)

You know, though, it's funny you should say that. Maybe it's just the age group that I'm in now (early 20s) but it seems like everyone and everything around me is revolving around money. I'm finding that many of my friends are now judging people's merits by how much money they have. Like, for example, I heard a girl say the other night that Paris Hilton is her role model and I had trouble not laughing in her face and then mourning the state of my generation. Here's another conversation I had with one of my friends, also Paris related:

Me: Would you marry Paris Hilton?
Him: Hell yeah!
Me: Really?
Him: Yeah, she's rich as hell.
Me: Yeah, but... She's also a big spoiled whore.
Him: (seriously) I could deal with that, I'd just get her money and divorce her.

Everywhere you look on TV, all you see is "look how rich ____ is", and I have to assume it's mostly people my age supporting this kind of thing.

It just seems like everyone around me is entirely concerned with money, getting money, and how much money you have. Like I said, maybe it's just my age, but it seems like it's getting worse and worse.

money is for the birds. if i had it my way we would be a money free society. life wouldnt stop. there isnt some big machine (besides someones pockets) that it goes into to make the world go round. that way everyone is on the same sheet of music, equal. with the same opportunities.

Forum List

Back