G Movies MORE Profitable Than R

GotZoom said:
Agree with you on the second part but not the first.

My parents taught me to respect my elders. When I was in the grocery store goofing off and an adult (any adult) told me to stop, I ran with my tail between my legs.

My parents taught me that how I acted was a reflection on their ability to be a parent. I was embarrassing them when I acted up in public.

I respected my parents. If they told me no..that was the answer. Sure, I might complain a little but bottom line, they said no...that was it.

Today it is totally different - unfortunately. You tell some kid to stop goofing off and he flips you the bird or worse.

Some people have no respect for their "elders."

Joz - you have earned respect by virtue of the fact that you are older and "have been there."

We all start with A's. They are ours to keep or lower.

We all should start with respect for each other. Then take it from there.

I agree. Repect is not to 'earn' but to 'lose.'

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
Kathianne said:
I agree. Repect is not to 'earn' but to 'lose.'
I understand now what you both are saying. And you are right. But there are alot of people who do not have my respect....but I stll address them respectfully.

Joz said:
I understand now what you both are saying. And you are right. But there are alot of people who do not have my respect....but I stll address them respectfully.

Joz, you will always have my respect. Bully too, though I rarely agree with him. Others that agree with me do not have my respect, because of how they address others. It's a complex world.

If I do not respect someone, which for me, comes from more than one problem post or opinion, I either ignore or argue with-not necessarily respectfully. They have 'earned' my disrespect.

For me, all are entitled to respect at the onset, it's what happens after that the determines how I respond.

Kathianne said:
Joz, you will always have my respect. Bully too, though I rarely agree with him. Others that agree with me do not have my respect, because of how they address others.
And I you, K.
It's a complex world.
Indeed. Still doesn't mean that addressing someone disrepectfully is required. Especially by a child.
.....They have 'earned' my disrespect.
For me, all are entitled to respect at the onset, it's what happens after that the determines how I respond.
Agreed.

I have a pretty long response on the other window... but I am not sure if I want to post it. It is full of the things that I would lose alot of my credibility within the community for, so if I can't say it to the people that depend on me to lead my peers, then why should I post it for a bunch of people that already look down on me? The post is rash and explains why teens hate and openly disrespect you. However, if I post it, I'm not sure I would want to come back to the board.

JohnGalt said:
Then there is still hope!

:gives:

So? I'd rather not be associated with most older generations... as they have fucked it up for mine. Don't worry though. We are gonna fix it up! Luckily, the bureaucracy CAN be torn down and government CAN be limited

got on my shit list...anger management classes for you young and stupid one...since your about eighteen now...why not join the fight...after all a few good men are always needed...I saw alot of young stupids in the military...they either learned to respect their elders...or wound up in a body bag...which is where you are heading!

JohnGalt said:
I have a pretty long response on the other window... but I am not sure if I want to post it. It is full of the things that I would lose alot of my credibility within the community for, so if I can't say it to the people that depend on me to lead my peers, then why should I post it for a bunch of people that already look down on me? The post is rash and explains why teens hate and openly disrespect you. However, if I post it, I'm not sure I would want to come back to the board.

Please, we would love some teen angst.

But do realize, the reason Joz, Musicman, etc. are pissed at you is because you showed disrespect to them directly. It's not like we just hate teenagers around here. SemperFi is a great example of a teen who has been accepted on the board.

JohnGalt said:
Do what you will. Circumspect is a part of respect. I often write angry letters, fold the, address them, then leave them overnight. In the morning, 9 out of 10 times I rip them up.

You would do well not to speak of what you haven't posted.

Kathianne said:
Do what you will. Circumspect is a part of respect. I often write angry letters, fold the, address them, then leave them overnight. In the morning, 9 out of 10 times I rip them up.

You would do well not to speak of what you haven't posted.

Damn...must be something to do with experience....right there with ya on this one...kudos!

JohnGalt said:

You can write what you want - and will still be welcomed to the board.

But be prepared to have us respond to what you write. I, for one, would love to hear why teens hate and openly disrespect my generation.

Who knows...perhaps we can teach and learn something from/to each other.

gop_jeff said:
Please, we would love some teen angst.

But do realize, the reason Joz, Musicman, etc. are pissed at you is because you showed disrespect to them directly. It's not like we just hate teenagers around here. SemperFi is a great example of a teen who has been accepted on the board.

Just curious...is that avatar a pic of you on/in a weedhopper ultralite?...also in another post you referred to yourself as being 28...since you are a graduate of West Point...and your term of active service has not been completed...being 8yrs on commission...why are you not back in? Damn if I were your age I would be in the middle of this one...then again if the avatar is a pic of you...well ya better work on the bi-ceps a little more...lol...and the tattos....damn a little retro "hard rock cafe".....Just curious...not trying to insult ya...okay?(I have a very dry sense of humor)

archangel said:
Just curious...is that avatar a pic of you on/in a weedhopper ultralite?...also in another post you referred to yourself as being 28...since you are a graduate of West Point...and you term of active service has not been completed...being 8yrs on commission...why are you not back in? Damn if I were your age I would be in the middle of this one...then again if the avatar is a pic of you...well ya better work on the bi-ceps a little more...lol...and the tattos....damn a little retro "hard rock cafe".....Just curious...not trying to insult ya...okay?(I have a very dry sense of humor)

No prob... it's not me, it's a guy named Matt Morginsky, who is the lead singer of the O.C. Supertones. I've been told that I look like him. This picture is from the only Supertones concert I ever went to, at the Gorge in eastern WA, July of 2001.

And yes, I am a USMA grad, but it's only a 5 year active duty commitment, which I finished in March of 2003. I am now a civilian employee of the Army.

Originally Posted by JohnGalt

Guess I will automatically be put on your disprespect list - since if you were one of mine, you would have a different attitude toward your elders! I grew up in the days before movie ratings, and cannot ever remember seeing a movie with the kind of content that even some TV commercials have these days! Perhaps the Roadrunner could get a little violent at times, but that is nothing compared with today's movies and TV shows.

So you disrespect the older generation because we made you how you are today? Your parents must surely have spoiled you rotten to give you this kind of attitude!

I respect everyone's opinion, but not personal attacks!

• Thanks
gop_jeff said:
No prob... it's not me, it's a guy named Matt Morginsky, who is the lead singer of the O.C. Supertones. I've been told that I look like him. This picture is from the only Supertones concert I ever went to, at the Gorge in eastern WA, July of 2001.

And yes, I am a USMA grad, but it's only a 5 year active duty commitment, which I finished in March of 2003. I am now a civilian employee of the Army.

I did not think that was a pic of you...since knowing that the academies and OCS for that matter make one do alot of push-ups...lol...

Joan said:
[Guess I will automatically be put on your disprespect list - since if you were one of mine, you would have a different attitude toward your elders! I grew up in the days before movie ratings, and cannot ever remember seeing a movie with the kind of content that even some TV commercials have these days! Perhaps the Roadrunner could get a little violent at times, but that is nothing compared with today's movies and TV shows.

So you disrespect the older generation because we made you how you are today? Your parents must surely have spoiled you rotten to give you this kind of attitude!

I respect everyone's opinion, but not personal attacks!
You go girl!

I have begun to wonder if people here have taken simple politeness to mean respect. There are some that I do not respect on the Board, you would never, hopefully, see me be impolite to them directly. There are many that I do respect that I would be impolite to as a matter of bonding and they would know it wasn't disrespect but personal bonding.

Being polite is not showing anybody respect but your parents who raised you, it shows how well they taught you to get along in society with all the people you will meet, even those you disrespect.

JohnGalt said:
dude your so full of shit it isnt even funny. someone disagrees with you and that is how you show you dont agree. the people who posted to your drivel are some of the most respected on this board. and you and your infinate wisdom think you can come in here and toss around a few cuss words and make them respect you.
fuck you. take that crap some place else if you cant respect the other members on this board.
while your in school, take some time and find out what respect is all about.
pull yourself away from the Yahoo! boards.

• Thanks
JohnGalt said:
So? I'd rather not be associated with most older generations... as they have fucked it up for mine. Don't worry though. We are gonna fix it up! Luckily, the bureaucracy CAN be torn down and government CAN be limited

Just FYI, as someone not very far removed from you, I've learned that we make our own destinies. so there is no point blaming the parents. But i agree we do need to fix some things.

Kathianne said:
Actually I think one should start with the presumption of respect, until the person proves unworthy. Joz would never prove unworthy, nor most of the posters here, which you should well enough know.

I agree.

archangel said:
Hey I like "R"rated for the action too..give the "Galt" a break though...his momma probably cut him off the breast feeding way to early...thus breast fixation! :blowup: much mo better than >>>>> :boobies: In movies anyway...but maybe not in real life!

Wait, you mean guys arent usually fixated on breasts?

Forum List

Back