G a s o l i n e

is $3.95 cents per gallon here..

thank ewe mr. obummer for halting all oil production in the Gulf of Mexico.. you are da winnah..

knot!
We've been told that gas was going to continually go up for years now, from Republicans as well as Democrats.

Not my problem if you didn't think it would apply to you. :lol:

is $3.95 cents per gallon here..

thank ewe mr. obummer for halting all oil production in the Gulf of Mexico.. you are da winnah..

knot!
We've been told that gas was going to continually go up for years now, from Republicans as well as Democrats.

Not my problem if you didn't think it would apply to you. :lol:

Democrats have a problem.. It's called "Panic at da Pump"!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjigcS8gN04]Democrats Then vs Now: Nancy Pelosi Blames Bush for High Gas Prices - YouTube[/ame]

It's 4.09 here....was 4.14 at the beginning of the week. This is the highest we've ever had it here!!! I'm glad i only drive about 2 miles to work!

I paid 3.67 yesterday. Cost 74 bucks to fill up. This morning I drove by the same station and it was 3.59!

So damn frustrating.
How much did it cost to fill up your tank in the summer of 2008, when Bush was president and gas was $4.00?

Why isn't there pressure from the Right on Republican House members to eliminate oil speculation on Wall Street?

The House can actually do something about gas prices. The President Of The United States has no legislative power, no matter who is President.

Why isn't there pressure from the Right on Republican House members to eliminate oil speculation on Wall Street?

The House can actually do something about gas prices. The President Of The United States has no legislative power, no matter who is President.

He's been spouting off at the mouth. about coal, about gasoline, about energy in general. you should tell him to drill baby drill.. he's so darn stupid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CDA6f_zijQ&feature=player_embedded]Enter The Haggis - Gasoline - YouTube[/ame]

I paid 3.67 yesterday. Cost 74 bucks to fill up. This morning I drove by the same station and it was 3.59!

So damn frustrating.
How much did it cost to fill up your tank in the summer of 2008, when Bush was president and gas was $4.00?

I was driving a one ton diesel at the time then and not only was diesel higher but the truck sucked the gas. I was spending nearly a grand a month then. I originally bought the truck because diesel had traditionally been lower then gas. Then suddenly it went through the roof. Sadly my job often requires a LOT of driving.

And by the way I was paying well over 4 back then for diesel.

So, you're saying that Bush was not to blame for the high gas prices when he ws in office.
How honest of you.

Great article! Lays out clearly Obama's "half truths" (go to link to read). But more importantly provides real solutions to help bring down pricing!

High Gas Prices: Obama's Half-Truths vs. Reality

<snip> Five Actions for Congress and the Administration

Congress and the Administration should:

Get moving on permits. As the only country in the world that places a majority of its territorial waters off-limits to oil and gas exploration, the U.S. should at the very least be drilling in the areas where access is permitted. Removing the de facto moratorium on drilling would immediately increase supply, create jobs, and bring in royalty revenue to federal and state governments.

Require lease sales when ready. Congress should open areas that are off-limits: the eastern Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, Alaska’s offshore, the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, and lands out West. Congress should require the Secretary of the Interior to conduct lease sales if a commercial interest exists to explore and drill. Congress should also provide the funding necessary to lease new onshore and offshore areas to oil and gas companies. Although it would take time for the federal government to lease these areas and for the energy companies to develop them, at least the process could begin.

Create a sensible review processes. Placing a 270-day time limit on environmental reviews would ensure a quick review process for energy projects on federal lands. Construction projects on federal lands take an average of 4.4 years. The 270 days would allow for a thorough environmental review process but would not prevent investments from moving forward.[7]

Remove regulatory delays and limit litigation. Environmental activists delay new energy projects by filing endless administrative appeals and lawsuits. Creating a manageable time frame for permitting and for groups or individuals to contest energy plans would keep potentially cost-effective ventures from being tied up for years in litigation while allowing the public and interested parties to voice opposition or support for these projects.

Approve the Keystone XL Pipeline. Congress should use its authority to regulate commerce with foreign nations to accept the State Department’s conclusion that construction of the pipeline would pose minimal environmental risk.[8] Approving the pipeline would create jobs and increase energy production—both of which the nation desperately needs—from a friendly supplier and ally.

Let the Market Work <snip>

Forum List

Back