Fusion Energy Will Change Everything

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
The recent fusion energy breakthrough may well be the solution to a great many problems. It uses fuel obtained from sea water. It produces no radioactive waste. It produces no greenhouse gases. In six months the Japanese will have built one that fits into a Cooper Mini which will then do 0-60 in 0.86 seconds ; - )

But dems haven't figured out how to get filthy rich with Fusion yet... or hydrogen fuel cells which will one day make electric cars a joke...

Unmetered power? ... I hope they make the surplus Uranium available to the public ... all the Americium I've gathered is useless for explosives ...

It uses fuel obtained from sea water.

Lake water doesn't work? ... I wonder why ... does your information say? ...

But dems haven't figured out how to get filthy rich with Fusion yet... or hydrogen fuel cells which will one day make electric cars a joke...
A hydrogen fuel cell car is an electric car. It will likely even have batteries.

Democrats wont allow fusion, the anti-science party has already proved they dont support cheap electricity
That's quite the response. Astoundingly well thought out and solidly evidenced.

Unmetered power? ... I hope they make the surplus Uranium available to the public ... all the Americium I've gathered is useless for explosives ...

It uses fuel obtained from sea water.

Lake water doesn't work? ... I wonder why ... does your information say? ...
You could but why would you want to?

A hydrogen fuel cell car is an electric car. It will likely even have batteries.
That's correct they do... but not a battery like what is used in electric cars... its half the size of EV batteries and in some models they will have just a small 12 volt lithium battery just like cars do today...
The best part is they don't have to be plugged in to recharge... they charge themselves as you drive....

How Do Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles Work Using Hydrogen?​

Like all-electric vehicles, fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs) use electricity to power an electric motor. In contrast to other electric vehicles, FCEVs produce electricity using a fuel cell powered by hydrogen, rather than drawing electricity from only a battery. During the vehicle design process, the vehicle manufacturer defines the power of the vehicle by the size of the electric motor(s) that receives electric power from the appropriately sized fuel cell and battery combination. Although automakers could design an FCEV with plug-in capabilities to charge the battery, most FCEVs today use the battery for recapturing braking energy, providing extra power during short acceleration events, and to smooth out the power delivered from the fuel cell with the option to idle or turn off the fuel cell during low power needs. The amount of energy stored onboard is determined by the size of the hydrogen fuel tank. This is different from an all-electric vehicle, where the amount of power and energy available are both closely related to the battery's size. Learn more about fuel cell electric vehicles.

Last edited:
The recent fusion energy breakthrough may well be the solution to a great many problems. It uses fuel obtained from sea water. It produces no radioactive waste. It produces no greenhouse gases. In six months the Japanese will have built one that fits into a Cooper Mini which will then do 0-60 in 0.86 seconds ; - )

Well, I wouldn't place my order for a fusion car just yet. This would not be the first time researchers have wrongly stated a net energy gain from fusion, but I agree that this time looks more promising, with their being able to produce about 2300 BTUs energy from fusing a 2mm pellet of hydrogen, enough to run an average home for about a half-hour. Over the next few decades hopefully, they can improve the efficiency of the process to where electric power from fusion energy will become both practical and affordable, making it competitive with current methods.

Last edited:
You could but why would you want to?

There's more lake water in North Dakota than sea water ... 18 grams of water produces 90,000,000,000,000,000 joules of energy ... less than an ice cube's worth at your favorite Barf'n'Burgers restaurant ...

You must live by the Atlantic Pisshole ... that's not a real ocean ... try fishing 18 grams of water out of the Pacific and you might die ...

BTW ... are we still going to use the atmosphere as a sewer and dump all the Helium ... we'll have kilograms of the stuff after a few years ... and 0.00001% of it will be radioactive ... and Helium is ractive in the yellow part of the spectrum, this is high energy stuff ... talk about cooking the atmosphere ...

Might be practical if you live either in LA or SF where you can get the fuel, expect to use at least $50 a week in fill-ups, and want a car with 200 buttons on the dashboard! :SMILEW~130:

The Mirai was first put out in the US in 2016. It was my understanding that they are phasing the program out. They couldn't keep up with the success of EVs.

The Mirai was first put out in the US in 2016. It was my understanding that they are phasing the program out. They couldn't keep up with the success of EVs.
Its the cost for the owner that couldn't keep up... there are more fuel cell cars being developed... it will be the future in my opinion...

Biden's combination of money-hungry and America-hating is dangerous.
Biden is not money-hungry nor does he hate America. Trump is money hungry and he may not hate this country, but he doesn't care for it in the least. It wasn't Biden that suggested doing away with the Constitution. It wasn't Biden having dinner with anti-semitic white nationalist whackos. It wasn't Biden that tried to overthrow a free and fair election in order to hang onto power. Trump is stupid and insane and anyone who supports him is at least as stupid.

Forum List

Back