Fury at London Theatre Production of Israel’s Notorious Killing of American Rachel Corrie

louie888

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2016
The arts don't mix very often in this day and age with politics and human rights, especially when it concerns israel's ghastly legacy in Palestine, but this brave group in London seems not to care. I am not sure if we have any Londoners reading here, but if I was there, I would surely go. Rachel has always been a true hero of mine and in the Peace Movement in general.

Some background for those out of the loop...

The acclaimed production of ‘My Name is Rachel Corrie’ by London’s Young Vic Theatre Group will be performed at the end of this September under a Director who has stated that Rachel Corrie’s legacy “is our inheritance”.

At the time, the deliberate killing of this young, female American, human rights activist by the IDF, was a cause célèbre that demolished the Israeli claim to be ‘the only democracy in the Middle East’ and contributed to an upsurge of anti-Zionist feeling throughout Europe....
More Here: http://www.globalresearch.ca/fury-a...ing-of-american-rachel-corrie-in-2003/5602750

Rachel Corrie.

Still kicking Israel in the nuts 15 years on.

I'm sure you missed it but Rachel Corrie's death served only as temporary, cheap propaganda for people like you. She was widely criticized as an instigator for her own self aggrandizement.

But yes, please feel free to dig up her grave and parade her body around like a carnival prize.

She was widely criticized as an instigator for her own self aggrandizement.
Only by Israeli stooges.

Not at all. Honestly, it's people like you insensate Jew haters who feel a need to celebrate her death. She is nothing more than just another piece of propaganda you use to maintain your self-hate.

Your self-hate calms an emotional requirement to excuse your Islamic terrorist failures and ineptitudes.

Revel in it. Now, go pick up your UNRWA welfare check and eat a falafel.

upload_2017-8-11_7-42-24.png

upload_2017-8-11_7-43-47.png

upload_2017-8-11_7-47-24.png

Great write up (excerpt)...

In the course of 90 minutes you feel you have not just had a night at the theatre: you have encountered an extraordinary woman....

Most readers will know the bare facts about Rachel Corrie: that she was a 23-year-old American who went to aid Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and in March 2003 was killed by an Israeli bulldozer. But what comes as a shock is realising that she combined an activist's passion with an artist's sensibility. Louis MacNeice once yearned for a poet who was "informed in economics, actively interested in politics". Rachel Corrie emerges as just such a person....

But, although the aesthetics are important, they matter less than the show's content. And what that offers is a jolting reminder of the daily realities of Palestinian life and a portrait of a remarkable woman who tried to alleviate suffering.

Theatre can't change the world. But what it can do, when it's as good as this, is to send us out enriched by other people's passionate concern.

My Name is Rachel Corrie, Royal Court, London

Forum List

Back