Funerals-your preference ?

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
I tell my relatives to get the cheapest funeral for me...... [ throw my body in the river and say goodbye ]..not that I'm that old
..or ashes
also, I never want to see my loved ones in a casket---then I have that memory.....
..my dad had a regular funeral like that....Had a 21 gun salute since he was in the USMC
if it would've been up to me, I would not have had a wake for him, or at least had a picture of him instead of him in a casket

but, it's nice to have his friends/etc come and show their respects ..and the females love that stuff
also--what's with the reinforced casket liners?? to save the casket??!! what for?
....what would you like?

Yuk, do you live in India? We don't throw bodies in the river in the US and never have, that just creates a mess for people down river. Unless it gets hung up under a bridge...

And the reinforced casket liners are to prevent the casket from collapsing and leaving a bunch of depressions all over the graveyard.

I want to be cremated
For some reason, I don't want my body to rot and be dug up some day

As to a wake....I like the idea
It is a formal occasion where people can pay their respects to the dead and the family
It is a way to bond and share memories

As to an open casket and embalming....I don't really like it
I'd prefer a large photo of when I actually looked good

I think Islamic burials are the most eco-friendly.

Within 24 hours the body is washed and shrouded in a burial cloth and lowered into the grave without a coffin after a short funeral service. .... :cool:

I'd like embalming and then covered in a thick layer of shellac and then placed on the front of a ship like the old sailing ships had statues up front to lead the way. And a sign below that says "I'm sailing! I'm sailing!"

I'd like embalming and then covered in a thick layer of shellac and then placed on the front of a ship like the old sailing ships had statues up front to lead the way. And a sign below that says "I'm sailing! I'm sailing!"
Look, Jack, I'm flying!

gW0AJi0.jpg

sounds like they would've done something like that in the old ages if it could've been done efficiently

I think Islamic burials are the most eco-friendly. Within 24 hours the body is washed and shrouded in a burial cloth and lowered into the grave without a coffin after a short funeral service. .... :cool:
That's because most of your people live in a kitty litter box.
I assume that you are referring to the middle east with its deserts. But in reality, only about 25% of the worlds muslims live in the middle east. ..... :cool:

I think Islamic burials are the most eco-friendly. Within 24 hours the body is washed and shrouded in a burial cloth and lowered into the grave without a coffin after a short funeral service. .... :cool:
That's because most of your people live in a kitty litter box.
I assume that you are referring to the middle east with its deserts. But in reality, only about 25% of the worlds muslims live in the middle east. ..... :cool:

Kitty litter is a shithole. Just like the other places they live.

Funerals-your preference ?

i was a complete organ donor

but after i developed cancer

the donor program does not accept tissue

other then then eye lens

so i became a cadaver donor

pretty cheap way to go ta boot

you have to pay for embalming

but the school picks up the rest of the tab

including cremation

Forum List

Back