Funerals for abortions?!?!

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
Apparently, since Texas can't just shut abortion clinics down, they want to do everything they can to shame, and humiliate women who have abortions. The newest effort? Forced funerals for abortions. That's right. You read that correctly. Forced. Funerals. For. Abortions.

In a new effort to regulate abortion providers, Texas health officials are proposing rules that would require abortion providers to cremate or bury fetal remains.

The new rules, proposed by the Health and Human Services Commission, would no longer allow abortion providers to dispose of fetal remains in sanitary landfills, instead allowing only cremation or interment of all remains — regardless of the period of gestation. Abortion providers currently use third-party special waste disposal services.​

Now, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission says, "Ms. Clack has determined that for each year of the first five years the sections are in effect, the public benefit anticipated as a result of adopting and enforcing these rules will be enhanced protection of the health and safety of the public."

But, that's it. not even a little explanation of how it benefits public safety; just that it does. "Trust us..." Uh huh.

You wanna know the real "benefit" to this? Just ask the office of the Governor:

Governor Abbott believes human and fetal remains should not be treated like medical waste, and the proposed rule changes affirms the value and dignity of all life,​

In other words, he wants to insist that women who have abortions treat the abortions as if they were the children of these women, whether they consider them to be so, or not.

Now, I know how this goes. As quickly as possible, this is going to become yet another debate on the morality of abortion. I, for one, refuse to engage in that. Regardless of your personal opinion about abortion, this is clearly a case of the government trying to shame women into behaving the way they want them to.

Nowhere in the article are funerals mentioned. Good grief, they want it treated as medical waste

Apparently, since Texas can't just shut abortion clinics down, they want to do everything they can to shame, and humiliate women who have abortions. The newest effort? Forced funerals for abortions. That's right. You read that correctly. Forced. Funerals. For. Abortions.

In a new effort to regulate abortion providers, Texas health officials are proposing rules that would require abortion providers to cremate or bury fetal remains.

The new rules, proposed by the Health and Human Services Commission, would no longer allow abortion providers to dispose of fetal remains in sanitary landfills, instead allowing only cremation or interment of all remains — regardless of the period of gestation. Abortion providers currently use third-party special waste disposal services.​

Now, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission says, "Ms. Clack has determined that for each year of the first five years the sections are in effect, the public benefit anticipated as a result of adopting and enforcing these rules will be enhanced protection of the health and safety of the public."

But, that's it. not even a little explanation of how it benefits public safety; just that it does. "Trust us..." Uh huh.

Governor Abbott believes human and fetal remains should not be treated like medical waste, and the proposed rule changes affirms the value and dignity of all life,​

In other words, he wants to insist that women who have abortions treat the abortions as if they were the children of these women, whether they consider them to be so, or not.

Now, I know how this goes. As quickly as possible, this is going to become yet another debate on the morality of abortion. I, for one, refuse to engage in that. Regardless of your personal opinion about abortion, this is clearly a case of the government trying to shame women into behaving the way they want them to.
I see nothing wrong with this unless they are trying to force the women to attend.

Ah Republicans, and their love for a big intrusive government :rolleyes:

If a woman has an abortion because she doesn't like the results of having made the CHOICE to spread her legs, she's humiliated herself far more than anything like this ever could. She chose to take a life that a previous choice produced because she doesn't like the results of that previous choice.

I see nothing wrong with this unless they are trying to force the women to attend.
And who do you submit should "foot the bill" for the added expense of burial, or cremation? Assuming that burial is chosen, who should pay for the upkeep of the burial site?

If a woman has an abortion because she doesn't like the results of having made the CHOICE to spread her legs, she's humiliated herself far more than anything like this ever could. She chose to take a life that a previous choice produced because she doesn't like the results of that previous choice.
Your opinion is duly noted, and duly ignored. Moving on...

You mean refusing to ignore the truth and running like a little bitch.

My statement was fact unless you're going to claim that a woman willingly spreading her legs knowing what the result could be isn't considered a choice.

There is nothing about forced funerals.
You're right. They don't have to have a preacher speaking - they just have to bury, or cremate the remains...

It is a distinction without substance.
What exactly is your objection to the woman paying to dispose of the remains resulting from her choice?
Nothing. It is part of the cost, now. What is your objection to that disposal being done exactly as it is?

My statement was fact unless you're going to claim that a woman willingly spreading her legs knowing what the result could be isn't considered a choice.
"Now, I know how this goes. As quickly as possible, this is going to become yet another debate on the morality of abortion. I, for one, refuse to engage in that."

You wanna change the subject, and make this about the morality of abortion, feel free to fuck off...somewhere else. I already had one thread that was hijacked for this puprose. Feel free to go blather your opinions there.

You are dismissed. Moving on.

Yes, yes. I know..."YOU CAN'T DISMISS ME!!!" I can simply refuse to engage you, which amounts to the same thing. Off you go.

"Now, I know how this goes. As quickly as possible, this is going to become yet another debate on the morality of abortion. I, for one, refuse to engage in that."

You wanna change the subject, and make this about the morality of abortion, feel free to fuck off...somewhere else. I already had one thread that was hijacked for this puprose. Feel free to go blather your opinions there.

You are dismissed. Moving on.

Yes, yes. I know..."YOU CAN'T DISMISS ME!!!" I can simply refuse to engage you, which amounts to the same thing. Off you go.

By refusing to engage it means you can't defend what you support. It's called being a pussy and you're good at it.

You're right. They don't have to have a preacher speaking - they just have to bury, or cremate the remains...

A funeral is the ceremony. There are no funerals. There is according a deceased human the dignity of a burial or cremation instead of landfill.

If you do not consider an unborn child a human being, that's just your opinion. You could have that same opinion of the elderly or the homeless.

Medical treatment is private. No right to "shame" a woman if you never know she was pregnant or opted for an abortion. He body is her own and her medical records are protected.

Fetus is tissue that is incinerated as biological waste or donate to science.

All this would mean is that fetuses would be incinerated like our removed appendixes and gallbladders already are. Most large hospitals already have an incinerator for that purpose. It will not lead to funerals for aborted fetuses, I assure you.

What exactly is your objection to the woman paying to dispose of the remains resulting from her choice?

What about the men involved in the decision to have sex but not raise a child?
Are you putting all the responsibility on the woman as if she got pregnant by herself?
Compost

not always

All this would mean is that fetuses would be incinerated like our removed appendixes and gallbladders already are. Most large hospitals already have an incinerator for that purpose. It will not lead to funerals for aborted fetuses, I assure you.
Most clinics, on the other hand, so not, and rely on medical waste dumps for disposal of medical waste. So, instead, they now have to incur extra cost. Why?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back