Fun with Ramen ... or other cheeep food

Homegrown tomater sandwich.

My wifes from Michigan...she calls it my "poor people food "...but she knows I'd trade a porterhouse steak for a homegrown tomater sandwich and know I'd got the better end of the deal.

Two slices of toast, REAL mayo, 1/4 slice of tomato, salt and pepper...very thin slice of onion optional. Mmm...mmm, good.

Oh yeah ... I'd just trade the toast for my mother's homemade whole wheat bread.

Homegrown tomater sandwich.

My wifes from Michigan...she calls it my "poor people food "...but she knows I'd trade a porterhouse steak for a homegrown tomater sandwich and know I'd got the better end of the deal.

Two slices of toast, REAL mayo, 1/4 slice of tomato, salt and pepper...very thin slice of onion optional. Mmm...mmm, good.

Last year we had some storms and lost electricity for quite a while. We had that for dinner, no toast unfortunately. So good.

If you're talking about cup ramen, crack a raw egg and mix it in while the water is still hot.

Better yet, go to a real ramen restaurant and wonder at how they even have the same name.

Anyone ever try natto on toast? Delicious - and you are assured some private time.

Here's one that goes a long way:
(Remember, when do this I'm cooking for 30+)

4 large cans condensed cream of chicken
4 large cans condensed cream of mushroom
6 regular size cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
4 bags frozen broccoli pieces, thawed and the big pieces diced up.
2 onions, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 5lb bag potatoes, diced
5 lbs diced, cooked chicken
1 small bottle Dijon mustard
1 2lb bag shredded cheese (Colby or cheddar)

Mix everything except the mustard and cheese, cook till the potatoes are done then add the mustard and cheese, let simmer on low for about 15 to 20 minutes. They'll be coming back for seconds.

By the sounds of it, you'll need this:
images

Red beans and rice with chilli powder.

Fried Spam Sammiches! or if you have the stuff; SLT.

mmmm

or if you want to cook;

fry chicken legs, make rice, put in oven pan together with green bean, cover with cheese and bake.

Red beans and rice with chilli powder.

Fried Spam Sammiches! or if you have the stuff; SLT.

mmmm

or if you want to cook;

fry chicken legs, make rice, put in oven pan together with green bean, cover with cheese and bake.

If you like beans, my sis brings this to family events and it's always a big hit. Inexpensive, warm, crock pot easy.. This is called calico beans or cowboy beans. Grab a bowful and eat it just like it is.

Calico Beans Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Forum List

Back