Fukuoka

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
The Grand Sumo Tournament in Kyushu is underway! Anyone watching?

I watch the matches on youtube the next day.

So far Osunaarashi is getting a "welcome to Magashira" 0-2 start, and Endo (0-2) is getting the same.

Still miffed Baruto had to retire though, Knee injuries suck.

So far Osunaarashi is getting a "welcome to Magashira" 0-2 start, and Endo (0-2) is getting the same.

Osunaarashi stands up too straight. He's young, he's strong, he'll learn.

Endo has a broken ankle. I expect him to pull out pretty soon.

Osunaarashi stands up too straight. He's young, he's strong, he'll learn.

Endo has a broken ankle. I expect him to pull out pretty soon.

He should learn, i agree. He's facing rishi right now that are far more skilled then he is used to.

Sucks about Endo, Sumo is certainly brutal when it comes to injuries. You get hurt, you drop down unless you already have 8 wins.

Well, the Egyptian got his first win in the top division on Day 3. He was quite pleased about it (as well he might be).

Well, the Egyptian got his first win in the top division on Day 3. He was quite pleased about it (as well he might be).

And then promply lost again on Day four. He may need some more seasoning down in Juryo.

Looks like either retirement of Seikewake for Kotooshu. It would still have been a great Ozeki run even if he has to retire.

Looks like either retirement of Seikewake for Kotooshu. It would still have been a great Ozeki run even if he has to retire.

He can still regain his Ozeki status if he comes back next tournament and gets 10 wins. We'll see. Seems to me he has never lived up to his potential.

Endo's still hanging in there, and finally got his first win on Day 4.

He looks like he is a bit banged up. I think it was a mistake them making him so high on the Magashira rankings.

Of course with Ozeki dropping like flies right now there is a serious chance he will be fighting a bunch of sanyanku wrestlers.

He looks like he is a bit banged up. I think it was a mistake them making him so high on the Magashira rankings.

Of course with Ozeki dropping like flies right now there is a serious chance he will be fighting a bunch of sanyanku wrestlers.

It's funny to see him there in the top division when his hair still isn't long enough for the chonmage.

Who wants to watch fat sweaty slobs in diapers butting bellies?

Sumo is a sport based soley on merit. Win, you go up in rank, lose, you go down in rank.

And its mostly shoulders and arms that get interlocked during the match.

It's funny to see him there in the top division when his hair still isn't long enough for the chonmage.

It shows that they promoted him too high. I could see him around where Osunaarashi was, but not a Mag 7.

It shows that they promoted him too high. I could see him around where Osunaarashi was, but not a Mag 7.

Folks are desperate to see a home-grown rikishi make it to the top.

Forum List

Back